ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   not a happy bunny !! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/552353-not-a-happy-bunny.html)

M444GY 19 October 2006 01:38 PM

not a happy bunny !!

Just been on the phone to tesco insurance trying to get a quote for my second impreza and they say they cant insure me because in under 25 !!

what a crock of ****e seeing that i have been insured with them for two and a half years on my old scooby and have had brilliant premiums at renewal time

the last being £1100 quid and me at the age of 23 is the cheapest around !

the woman said they have changed it because people nowadays dont respect their cars and these people have ruined it for the people like me and you who do respect and love performance cars .

i just think its a shame because now im probably going to get an extortionate quote from another company just so i that i can enjoy the cars that i have ENJOYED and RESPECTED over the years !

oh well !

Kyl3cook 19 October 2006 01:42 PM

I had the same problem when I looked to get my evo insured a couple of years ago. Initially they quoted me...but when the car was delivered they had changed their underwriters. I was 22, but managed to get a MUCH! better quote off admiral anyway. I added my mum as a named driver, and it took it down by nearly £1000.

King RA 19 October 2006 02:40 PM

Nevermind mate. There's loads of companies that will insure you. Keep looking...:thumb:

l1verp00l 19 October 2006 02:47 PM

tried a-plan?

Torpid 19 October 2006 03:00 PM

Get a fiesta or something else nice and sensible and stop bitching about your insurance if you can't afford it.

davegtt 19 October 2006 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Torpid
Get a fiesta or something else nice and sensible and stop bitching about your insurance if you can't afford it.

Agreed, buy the car you want in a year or 2 when you can afford the insurance. I would never pay over a grand on insurance out of principle now. God Ive done some stupid things in the past.

cong 19 October 2006 05:04 PM

c'mon have you never heard of gary moulson

M444GY 19 October 2006 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Torpid

i can afford it thank you very much . i was just saying its a piss take that they have done this and i will have to pay more ! i didnt say i couldnt afford it did i . **** sake!

nice and friendly round here these days eh !!!

AudiLover 19 October 2006 05:19 PM

use confused you fool. Tesco aint even all that cheap.

FlightMan 19 October 2006 05:24 PM

Ignore Torpid, all his post are a variation upon that theme. :nono:
Good luck with getting a quote. :thumb:

Nat 19 October 2006 05:29 PM

I remember being 21 and paying £200 a month to insure my brand new MY00 scoob...i wouldn't even contemplate paying anything like that now to insurre a car unless it was worth £60k and said GT3 on the back :lol1: I guess being young and foolish comes into it a bit and we were all probably guilty of that once upon a time ;)

ScoobyDoo555 19 October 2006 07:46 PM

Hang on Dave and Torpid,

IMHO, you might be a little bit premature here, as the poster has already had a Scoob insured with Tescos - he's not complaining about the price, but moreso the unfairness of the company moving the goal posts.....

Dan :)

BexTait 20 October 2006 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by AudiLover
use confused you fool. Tesco aint even all that cheap.

I don't like confused, had a look there for my car insurance and they were either coming up as not being able to insure me, or quotes in excess of £900 (21yr old female on 1.3 Ford Ka 1st policy). Tried insurers websites and came up with prices in the range of £350-£450.

Torpid 20 October 2006 06:56 AM

The key word in his post was 'extortionate'. If he feels he's having money extorted from him then he's an idiot to let it happen of his own volition.

Thus my comments about getting something more affordable.

M444GY 20 October 2006 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Hang on Dave and Torpid,

IMHO, you might be a little bit premature here, as the poster has already had a Scoob insured with Tescos - he's not complaining about the price, but moreso the unfairness of the company moving the goal posts.....

thankyou :)

now i will spend the day shopping around to get a good quote :D

mags

Torquesteer 20 October 2006 08:32 AM

Torpid, some insurance companys charge a lot more than others. He said that he was 'expecting' an extortionate quote, not that he had been paying one already.
If you are going to slag someone off... atleast get it right!

M444GY 20 October 2006 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Torquesteer
Torpid, some insurance companys charge a lot more than others. He said that he was 'expecting' an extortionate quote, not that he had been paying one already.
If you are going to slag someone off... atleast get it right!

:D

Gear Head 20 October 2006 10:37 AM

Just scroll past any of Torpid/Vapid/Essexscoobycrew's posts. None of which ever contain anything worth reading!
As for Tesco insurance, I had a similar experience.
Back in December 2003, I bought my first scooby, an sti 4. I was 21 at the time and the only company that would insure me, was Tesco's. They did insist on a tracker aswell though (found out later that Tesco's owns tracker!). Paid £2.5K + £700 for the tracker, blo&dy expensive I know, but I had a good job and could afford it.
In december 2004, I got a renewal quote for £1650, which was still the cheapest around. About 2 weeks before my renewal date last december, I received a letter from Tesco's stating that they have changed their policy on many performance cars, requiring the driver to be over 25.
Gave Gary at Keith Michaels a call and got a quote for £1200. Sold my sti 4 in feb, now have a MY99 UK Turbo. Insurance should be around £800 for next year, so it does come down eventually!
I was just a bit confused why Tesco's changed their policy..... they had nearly 5K out of me over 2 years (inc tracker).

davegtt 20 October 2006 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Hang on Dave and Torpid,

His last paragraph is a moan about how much hes going to have to pay... Hence me agreeing with the person I dislike the most on this site :thumb: Im not being funny, just giving some worldly advice :thumb:

Anyway, Tescos are hardly the best around anyway, Im sure you can get a better quote elsewhere.

Gear Head 20 October 2006 10:53 AM

That doesn't make any sense. I have been quoted £5000 for my insurance. Does that mean that I can't afford an Impreza, even though I actually pay £1000??? :wonder: :Whatever_

ScoobyDoo555 20 October 2006 10:59 AM

lol!! :D

DAn

M444GY 20 October 2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
His last paragraph is a moan about how much hes going to have to pay... Hence me agreeing with the person I dislike the most on this site :thumb: Im not being funny, just giving some worldly advice :thumb:

Anyway, Tescos are hardly the best around anyway, Im sure you can get a better quote elsewhere.

it was a moan but as you can imagine its a tad annoying !

i also dislike the certain person on this site :D