ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   sky + box (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/552255-sky-box.html)

bob r 18 October 2006 11:11 PM

sky + box

im thinking of buying a sky + box second hand (cheap). will it be a case of plug and play or will i need to inform "sky" in order for it to recive sigals:wonder: . i currently have a standard sky box and viewing card.

richiewong 18 October 2006 11:31 PM

You'll need 2 LNB lines for Sky+ whilst normal boxes only has 1 cable coming in.

Simply ring Sky, threaten to cancal and they may ask what they need to do to keep you as a customer so ask for a free upgrade and installation.

Shy kids and all that:D;)

Lee247 18 October 2006 11:31 PM

I could be wrong, but I think you will need a new viewing card :wonder:

Bartop 18 October 2006 11:35 PM

You need a subscription as well..

hectic 18 October 2006 11:35 PM

lnb needs changing ( bit on end of dish)... another cable too, to enable the record facility and your existing card will need to be 'paired' to the sky plus box.. and sky will take an extra tenner a month fankoo velly glad :)

logiclee 19 October 2006 05:15 AM

If you already have two or more premium channels your monthly payment will stay the same, otherwise it's an extra £10 a month.

You will need a dual or quad LNB installing and another cable to your box.

Card should be OK but it will need a phone call to sky to pair it with your box and activate Sky+.

There are loads of Sky+ boxes out there with dodgy hard drives so buy with care. I'd ring Sky first and see what they can offer, threaten to go wih telewest or ntl.

Cheers
Lee

Dunk 19 October 2006 07:09 AM

Had a moan recently at Sky, they spoke about getting SKY+ to which I said I wouldn't pay a penny more, the response "well depending how agressive you are £99, can be £79 or £59" (or less ;) )

D

WarrenSTI 21 October 2006 05:51 PM

Just been offered a deel off sky
Sky+ box
Install
and internet with router/installation

for £109 all in

Has anyone had a better deal than that

V1CK1 22 October 2006 12:02 PM

We got our Sky + box a while ago now. We threatened to cancel and they came and installed for free and we had to pay about 60quid for the box.

Wouldnt be without it now for the series links etc, 1st one broke and lost all info saved tho which was crap but they did replace it quickly.

Vicki :D

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI
Just been offered a deel off sky
Sky+ box
Install
and internet with router/installation

for £109 all in

Has anyone had a better deal than that

alistair 22 October 2006 01:16 PM

The discs are really easy to replace - instructions here

I have 3 sky + boxes and I replaced the discs on all of them to higher capacity ones.

2 of the boxes are on subscription, but the 3rd isn't - it just gets the free channels.