ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Claimed against for an accident...in Scotland!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/552110-claimed-against-for-an-accident-in-scotland.html)

SideShowBob 18 October 2006 12:48 PM

Claimed against for an accident...in Scotland!!

The situation is that my girlfriend got a letter from her insurers, Elephant, asking for details of "the accident" that happended on the A96 (Scotland someplace), where apparently she ran into the back of someone.

Having never been to Scotland, never mind apparently being there last week, I take it there are three possible scenarios?
1. Her plates have been copied, and are being used by some chav in Scotland
2. The claimant is giving false details (surely stupid, as potentially easy to disprove?)
3. The claimant got the details wrong, and it was a car with a similar number plate

Girlfriend has written a letter to Elephant, at the time in question we were round her folks place (both us and them live in Kent), and also visited Bluewater, but we wouldnt have any definitive proof of this expect for families/our word on it (no CCTV etc)

Could this be a problem? I mean, how do we prove we werent anywhere near Scotland, but actually the other side of the country entirely, and what resposibility does my girlfriend have, does she have to prove she wasnt there, or do they have to prove she was?

Also, if they push this, would it be a court in Scotland that any appeals would take place?

SiPie 18 October 2006 12:52 PM

Ooooops...girlfriend been doing the dirty and finally heard that us Scots have bigger cocks then...? ;)

Sounds like reggy plate been duplicated :(

Simon C 18 October 2006 12:52 PM

Did you use a cash machine at Blue water or at any point that day? Bluewater do have cctv on site so there is a good chance you are on that.

SJ_Skyline 18 October 2006 12:54 PM

It's not your problem, you've told them where and when you were. It's up to the insurance companies now to sort it out between them. I sure as hell wouldn't lose any sleep over it! :)

SiPie 18 October 2006 12:55 PM

It's not your problem, you've told them where and when you were. It's up to the insurance companies now to sort it out between them. I sure as hell wouldn't lose any sleep over it!
:thumb:

SideShowBob 18 October 2006 12:56 PM

Good thinking, cant remember if we bought anything, but will check with her, is she has a debit card receipt for her card would help.

Will try find out how long BW keep their CCTV footage, can maybe still obtain proof.

Well, you Scotsman may have big ones, but you dont last very long, I was only in the loo at Bluewater for about 5 minutes, so that means 2 minutes to drive to Scotland, 59 seconds to exchange details following the crash, 1 second with a Scotmans, and 2 minutes back to Bluewater :)

Luminous 18 October 2006 12:57 PM

Yeah, its not really your problem. Tell them where you were, and its then up to the other parties to prove that you were actually there. If it gets really serious receipts etc for purchases when you were shopping should be good enough.

There is another option of course, and that is Elephant have written to the wrong person. Would not be the first time they have done something like that.

Markus 18 October 2006 12:57 PM

For proof, well, if they won't take her, yours or her families word as proof then tell Elephant to get an independant engineer sent round to check out her car, whereupon they'll find it has not been recently damaged or repaired.

Don't suppose she happened to fill the car up with petrol when you were in kent and still have the recipt, or, when at bluewater, was anything purchased with a recipt, if so that could probably be used as proof.

SideShowBob 18 October 2006 12:59 PM

Thanks SJ, just want to be sure that insurance dont try and pin it on her, is there any way it could affect her no claims?

If the driver reporting the crash is sound, and it is a case of plates, then I suppose they could vouch that my girlfriend wasnt driving.

SideShowBob 18 October 2006 01:00 PM

All good ideas, ill get her to pull together any receipts etc, thanks again for the help.

SiPie 18 October 2006 01:01 PM

Well, you Scotsman may have big ones
Quite agree.... :thumb:

PS Didn't bother to read the rest of your sentence ;)

alcazar 18 October 2006 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie
Quite agree.... :thumb:

PS So badly educated in the Scottish system that I couldn't read the rest of your sentence ;)

;)
Alcazar

SiPie 18 October 2006 01:31 PM

Got stuck on sum of the biggar wurds :D

Geezer 18 October 2006 01:52 PM

Ooooops...girlfriend been doing the dirty and finally heard that us Scots have bigger cocks then...? ;)

Shouldn't that be Scots are bigger cocks? ;)

Geezer

SiPie 18 October 2006 02:30 PM

Shouldn't that be Scots are bigger cocks?
Coming from someone from North Wales :D:D:D:D

;)

Leslie 19 October 2006 12:14 PM

Ask them for a full description of your girlfriend's car.

Les

r32 19 October 2006 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie
Ask them for a full description of your girlfriend's car.

Les

Thats a good idea, it may well be that the type and colour of the vehicle involved in the incident wasnt the same as your girlfriends .............

Chrisgr31 19 October 2006 12:55 PM

The parents will also be witnesses to the fact she was not in Scotland. If necessary a trip to Scotland (at the insurance companys expense) for an identity parade would sort it. The claimant is not going to know your g/f from Adrianne as she wasn;t there in the first place!

SiPie 19 October 2006 12:59 PM

The parents will also be witnesses to the fact she was not in Scotland.
....always good to have witnesses who are not connected to the accussed in any way :rolleyes:

Hysterical

wilkoca 19 October 2006 01:43 PM

....always good to have witnesses who are not connected to the accussed in any way :rolleyes:

Hysterical

i had a similar situation and the police were involved used my father in law as a witness they took his word!!!

Just advise your insurer it was'nt you, let them sort it out.

Rice Rocket 19 October 2006 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SideShowBob
The situation is that my girlfriend got a letter from her insurers, Elephant, asking for details of "the accident" that happended on the A96 (Scotland someplace), where apparently she ran into the back of someone.

Having never been to Scotland, never mind apparently being there last week, I take it there are three possible scenarios?
1. Her plates have been copied, and are being used by some chav in Scotland
2. The claimant is giving false details (surely stupid, as potentially easy to disprove?)
3. The claimant got the details wrong, and it was a car with a similar number plate

Girlfriend has written a letter to Elephant, at the time in question we were round her folks place (both us and them live in Kent), and also visited Bluewater, but we wouldnt have any definitive proof of this expect for families/our word on it (no CCTV etc)

Could this be a problem? I mean, how do we prove we werent anywhere near Scotland, but actually the other side of the country entirely, and what resposibility does my girlfriend have, does she have to prove she wasnt there, or do they have to prove she was?

Also, if they push this, would it be a court in Scotland that any appeals would take place?

I take it you don't know where Scotland is with the QUote Scotland, someplace
and
Don't you get chavs in Engerlund!
:mad: :wonder: :cuckoo:

SiPie 19 October 2006 02:36 PM

and
Take it you'll be of Scottish persuasion then angry man ??

:rolleyes:

NotoriousREV 20 October 2006 07:34 AM

Take it you'll be of Scottish persuasion then angry man ??

:rolleyes:

He's right though, it should have read "Her plates have been copied, and are being used by some ned in Scotland" ;)

Trout 20 October 2006 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Stalked!
and
:mad: :wonder: :cuckoo:

Now that is what I call a disproportionate response :)

Must be related to Renton ;)

"It's ****E being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the ****ing Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a ****e state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any ****ing difference! "

SiPie 20 October 2006 08:54 AM

Lol @ Rannoch :D

Slightly off topic but we were playing in Edinburgh last night and twice the bassisit was asked if we knew any pubs in Edinburgh that real Scottish people drank in :eek:

Sorry.......only English students and Polish labourers he replied :(

SideShowBob 20 October 2006 10:20 AM

"Scotland someplace" I know where Scotland is, I was saying I dont know where in Scotland.

You're a bit touchy though, if it had happened in England or Wales, id still consider someone who copied the plates a chav, I wasnt saying it was in Scotland therefore it was a chav, so chill, you kilt wearing ginger poof.

:)

Account deleted by request 20 October 2006 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by SideShowBob
You're a bit touchy though, if it had happened in England or Wales, id still consider someone who copied the plates a chav, I wasnt saying it was in Scotland therefore it was a chav, so chill, you kilt wearing ginger poof.

:)

:luxhello: :lol: :luxhello: :lol: :luxhello: :lol: :luxhello:

chop :D

SiPie 20 October 2006 11:32 AM

LOL :D

But careful....anymore and we'll huv ye.....

ye can take oor number plates but ye'll never take oor freedom ;)

Trout 20 October 2006 03:27 PM

Free Alba :D

I would just like to note that the wonderful soliliquay given by Renton was at Moor of Rannoch station as they walked onto the bleak and miserable Moor of Rannoch.

Did I mention it was at Rannoch?

Anyway - nae pubs in Auld Reekie wi Scotsman in. If yer like it rough go to Tranent or some of the pubs in Haddington (where they have the biggest Orange march outside weegie-land).

Rannoch :D

PS Did I mention filming on Rannoch...

StickyMicky 20 October 2006 03:59 PM

bloody ginger nuts are out in force tonight :D