ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   FAO all the Scoobynet Trolls....... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/551928-fao-all-the-scoobynet-trolls.html)

N1gel 1970 17 October 2006 05:13 PM

FAO all the Scoobynet Trolls.......

BBC NEWS | England | London | Internet user admits 'web-rage'

you'd best watch out :norty: :norty: :norty: :D

pauld37 17 October 2006 05:43 PM

Sounds good to me, should happen more often, would certainly bring the SN numbers down

SwissTony 17 October 2006 05:47 PM

now that sounds like the "real" thing..no more keyboard heroes and would certainly reduce the likes of vapid, rabid, tepid and stupid :D

DCI Gene Hunt 17 October 2006 05:51 PM

Here we go again...............:)

Originally Posted by That News Article
The pair met in an internet chatroom called Yahoo, Islam 10 as both had an interest in the Muslim faith, the Old Bailey was told.

They just can't help themselves..........:lol1:

AudiLover 17 October 2006 05:53 PM

hhahaha muslims.

alcazar 17 October 2006 06:11 PM

Gibbons by name, gibbon by nature...............and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise:D

Alcazar

Fuzz 17 October 2006 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover
hhahaha muslims.

I'll second that lol

Andy

J4CKO 17 October 2006 08:06 PM

'had chatted to Gibbons on an audio link'

Alas 17 October 2006 08:10 PM

If you bait, wind up, abuse or be-little people in the pub etc you'll get your head kicked in.
Says it all about the people who probably only do it online. Just a pity more people do not use the Ignore function on here as a lot of threads getting ruined by these morons.

pauld37 17 October 2006 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alas
Just a pity more people do not use the Ignore function on here as a lot of threads getting ruined by these morons.

I second that, certainly using mine a lot more now :)

Chip Sengravy 17 October 2006 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Alas
If you bait, wind up, abuse or be-little people in the pub etc you'll get your head kicked in.
Says it all about the people who probably only do it online. Just a pity more people do not use the Ignore function on here as a lot of threads getting ruined by these morons.

The ignore functiuon is the gheyest invention ever, anyone that uses it deserves dry bumming by a horny wilderbeest IMHO.

best rule of thumb is, if you wouldn't say to their face, don't say it over the net :)

Alas 17 October 2006 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
The ignore functiuon is the gheyest invention ever, anyone that uses it deserves dry bumming by a horny wilderbeest IMHO.

best rule of thumb is, if you wouldn't say to their face, don't say it over the net :)

First part - Load of crap IMHO
Second part - spot on:thumb:

Lord Shrek 17 October 2006 09:09 PM

if youve got nothing nice to say then fuk it and say it

Lord Shrek.....your mums like a kfc, a greasy bucket you stick your bone in :thumb:

Torpid 18 October 2006 07:11 AM

I'd have thought the moral of the story here is that those being wound up by trolling on a BBS are pathetic losers/borderline psychos. From my perspective I can't imagine a situation where anything an individual might say 'online' would cause me to have negative feelings towards them in the real world. Maybe that's because I'm a balanced individual rather than an intellectually limited and emotionally stunted little grunt.

As for the contention that people 'trolling' wouldn't say the things they do on a BBS in real life for fear of a beating, I think that's a 'pat' answer. As I've said before, off line I'm well known for putting my views in strident terms and this has led to a few situations where the losing party has felt the need for recourse to violence in lieu of any ability to debate.
However, what I will admit is that freed from the shackles of social niceties as we are by this faceless medium, it's much easier to cut to the chase and call a spade a spade or as I often do, an idiot an idiot.

ScoobyDoo555 18 October 2006 07:34 AM

I think that it goes to show that Trolling as a world-wide phenomenon that it totally pointless and negative. It shows a level of disrespect to both the BBS and the posters/members associated.

And should be eradicated at all costs :D

Most of our resident trolls (and the imported ones, for that matter) are too stupid to put up a proper fight when faced with an educated response.

However, what plays into their hands is when the, how shall I put it tactfully, "less intelligent/slow witted" (:D) respond or rise to the bait and the end up in a slagging match.

The "ignore" button is a fabulous idea - if everybody did it then this BBS, for example, would be a much better place :)

Dan

Torpid 18 October 2006 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
I think that it goes to show that Trolling as a world-wide phenomenon that it totally pointless and negative. It shows a level of disrespect to both the BBS and the posters/members associated.

And should be eradicated at all costs :D

Most of our resident trolls (and the imported ones, for that matter) are too stupid to put up a proper fight when faced with an educated response.

However, what plays into their hands is when the, how shall I put it tactfully, "less intelligent/slow witted" (:D) respond or rise to the bait and the end up in a slagging match.

The "ignore" button is a fabulous idea - if everybody did it then this BBS, for example, would be a much better place :)

Dan

Put up an educated response then 'danny boy' and let's take it from there.:D

SiDHEaD 18 October 2006 07:47 AM

I dont need an "ignore button", i can "ignore" stuff using my brain. I'm with Chip - ignore button is for n00bs!

Gear Head 18 October 2006 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Torpid
Put up an educated response then 'danny boy' and let's take it from there.:D

The same kind of educated response that got deleted Torpid???

Torpid 18 October 2006 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by chrispervert100000
The same kind of educated response that got deleted Torpid???

I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. Please elucidate.

Buckwheat 18 October 2006 08:48 AM

Seems pretty sad if someone can't ignore a trolls posts without having the post physically blocked from their screen. Just scroll past it FFS.

DCI Gene Hunt 18 October 2006 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Seems pretty sad if someone can't ignore a trolls posts without having the post physically blocked from their screen. Just scroll past it FFS.

<scrolls past>.......... :D

Gear Head 18 October 2006 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Torpid
I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. Please elucidate.

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...rippleo-g.html

Where have all your words of wisdom gone??

davegtt 18 October 2006 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
I dont need an "ignore button", i can "ignore" stuff using my brain. I'm with Chip - ignore button is for n00bs!

Agreed. Wouldnt consider ignoring people. For a start there are people like Moses who I just eventually got tiring with his tripe in certain threads but he contributed with a different angle and worth reading in other threads. Someone maybe a complete pr!ck when discussing specific subjects but could well have a valid good opinion in another. :)

philc 18 October 2006 09:20 AM

anyone know where pslewis lives?

davegtt 18 October 2006 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by philc

Astraboy does :D

ScoobyDoo555 18 October 2006 09:47 AM

Torpid,

Your response towards me indicates that you are therefore, a Troll ;)

I still stand by my comments, as they meet the criteria for being educated :p

Goes to show that Trolls can rise to the bait, just as much as the other group mentioned, therefore can be put in the same category as "less intelligent/slow witted"

Oh, and another one will be joining my 'ignore" list :D

Dan

Son of Quatto 18 October 2006 09:53 AM

Oh, and another one will be joining my 'ignore" list

Yes and i bet he's that bothered. :iamwithst

ScoobyDoo555 18 October 2006 09:57 AM

LOL - it's like shooting fish in a barrel :D

Dan

jonc 18 October 2006 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by philc

Just be careful when seeking retrobution, some scoobynetters profess to be "cage fighers", Grand Master in a vaious martial arts, champion kickboxers and muay thai fighters, body guards, ex-SAS, bouncers, wwf wrestlers, street fighers, bounty hunters, fought in 'Nam, Bruce Lee reincarnated, UFC/Pride/K1 title holders, trained with Bruce Lee, tought Jackie Chan, beat Mike Tyson......me I'm a 8th dan black belt in martial arts films so don't mess!!

Torpid 18 October 2006 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Torpid,

Your response towards me indicates that you are therefore, a Troll ;)

I still stand by my comments, as they meet the criteria for being educated :p

Goes to show that Trolls can rise to the bait, just as much as the other group mentioned, therefore can be put in the same category as "less intelligent/slow witted"

Oh, and another one will be joining my 'ignore" list :D

Dan

That your comments are educated is a matter of opinion. I implied they weren't and they aren't.
As for a 'troll rising to the bait' surely the raison d'etre of the work-a-day troll is inciting response and outwitting the stupid. Therefore they cannot 'rise to the bait'.

Moving onto the more interesting issues raised by this topic are the comments made by 'DaveGTT' regarding moses. I for one have never regarded him as a troll in any way and people who label him as such prove my next contention. Namely that the epithet 'troll' is handed out to anyone who has a viewpoint that doesn't fit in with the views of the majority. That way it's far easier to dismiss their comments as mere 'trolling' rather than having to challenge,justify and explain their own (usually piss poor) beliefs.

As an aside regarding the comments made by chrispervert1000 about the thread where my comments were eventually deleted. Who cares? I certainly don't, they weren't put there for the benefit of future generations of scoobynet mongos but to amuse me when I wrote them. Their deletion is therefore unimportant.