ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Channel 4 Top 100 albums (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/551554-channel-4-top-100-albums.html)

Buckwheat 16 October 2006 09:24 AM

Channel 4 Top 100 albums

Alanis Morissette ahead of The Stone Roses? LOL :lol1:

Channel4 - 100 Greatest Albums

richiewong 16 October 2006 09:28 AM

No Leftfield-Leftism this time, disgraceful:rolleyes:

Don't even bother with Channel 4 lists now.

davegtt 16 October 2006 09:29 AM

Watched bits of this last night. Didnt look very entertaining to keep me interested for 4 hours though...lol

Knew Radiohead would win it though, that was easy :)

boxst 16 October 2006 09:33 AM

Hello

I enjoyed watching it (Although I didn't for all four hours). I have no idea how 'OK Computer' is the best album ever though ..

Steve

CrisPDuk 16 October 2006 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by richiewong
No Leftfield-Leftism this time, disgraceful:rolleyes:

Don't even bother with Channel 4 lists now.

They're rigged anyway, you can't nominate any album you like. You have to pick a top 3 from a list, usually about 125, pre-selected by 'industry experts'.

Funkii Munkii 16 October 2006 09:34 AM

The thing with their polls and most of the top 100 of anything is, they provide the list you from which you choose the ones you like the best, which in reality is Bollox !!

Funkii Munkii 16 October 2006 09:35 AM

Snap LOL :)

STi wanna Subaru 16 October 2006 09:40 AM

The Bends is better than Ok computer IMHO

richiewong 16 October 2006 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Snap LOL :)

Didn't they do Rhytym is a Dancer:lol1: :D

STi wanna Subaru 16 October 2006 09:44 AM

No Daft Punk or the Manics.

davegtt 16 October 2006 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
The Bends is better than Ok computer IMHO

Thats your opinion though, the poll was decided on a majority vote, obviously more people think OK Computer is better than the Bends. I personally think there are a couple of albums better than OK Computer but Im in a minority compared to others :)

STi wanna Subaru 16 October 2006 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt
Thats your opinion though, the poll was decided on a majority vote, obviously more people think OK Computer is better than the Bends. I personally think there are a couple of albums better than OK Computer but Im in a minority compared to others :)

Thanks for pointing that out Dave. It's have struggled to comprehend this voting thing without your detailed explanation :thumb: :lol1:

davegtt 16 October 2006 09:51 AM

:rolleyes: :D Your welcome. Just pointing out that pretty much everyone of us here will probably have a differing 'better album' :)

STi-Frenchie 16 October 2006 09:52 AM

OK Computer the best album? Complete and utter bollocks...just like the album.

STi wanna Subaru 16 October 2006 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt
:rolleyes: :D Your welcome. Just pointing out that pretty much everyone of us here will probably have a differing 'better album' :)

:D I was just trying to offer an opinion for discussion ;)

davegtt 16 October 2006 09:55 AM

And I discussed with you that on a majority vote your wrong ;) :D

Funkii Munkii 16 October 2006 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by richiewong
Didn't they do Rhytym is a Dancer:lol1: :D

Back in your box Richie :)

I did think that as I typed lol

Shouldn't you be in sport creating your Roeder out thread ?? ;)

Another Vote for OK Computer here along with Stone Roses- Stone Roses being my fave two albums.

KiwiGTI 16 October 2006 11:23 AM

Just goes to prove Winston Churchill correct when he said a 5 minute chat with the average voter is the strongest argument against democracy. :)

Why is OK Computer the best album of all time? Could someone explain it's influence on music, culture, politics, emotions etc?

And Alanis Morissette ahead of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley and John Lennon?

GaryK 16 October 2006 11:51 AM

Surely been so many they can have a 100 best of 100 programmes now?

Lamest of the lame excuse for a fecking TV prog IMHO!

Gary

Paul3446 16 October 2006 12:45 PM

Me and the girlfriend were sitting there saying what can be number 1, if it's not Joshua Tree, Sgt Pepper, Revolver, Dark Side of the Moon, Thriller etc.

Then they announce it's that over-rated self indulgent dirge Radiohead. :mad:

Just glad I didn't waste my whole evening and only watched the last half hour! :thumb:

Luan Pra bang 16 October 2006 12:51 PM

I think OK computer is clearly the best album of the last ten years. It was original haunting and pretty much great in every way from the songs to the performance to the production. The best album ever is clearly Electric Lady Land but the trouble is even people who know nothing about anything are allowed to vote in these things. I mean how could any one vote revolver as being better than than the white album ?

GaryK 16 October 2006 12:53 PM

Because everyone is voting on *their* favourite and we all have different tastes, simple!

KiwiGTI 16 October 2006 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I think OK computer is clearly the best album of the last ten years. It was original haunting and pretty much great in every way from the songs to the performance to the production.

Your clearly wrong. That would be Absolution by Muse.

Paul3446 16 October 2006 01:19 PM

Presumably you've both heard every album made in the last 10 years to be able to state this. :wonder:

SJ_Skyline 16 October 2006 01:24 PM

Radiohead are ****. :)

Paul3446 16 October 2006 01:27 PM

They are indeed, however it's incredibly trendy to like them, it makes you look angst ridden and cool! :cool:

Funkii Munkii 16 October 2006 01:40 PM

As the old saying goes, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The same goes for Music, it's in the ear of the beholder, some peoples ears are a little more fooked up than others !!

nathanb 16 October 2006 04:55 PM

Firstly cannot beleive Radiohead was No 1!

Also I was expecting top ten for a Coldplay album.

Was also expecting to see higher places for Eminem.

Finally I would of thought 'The Prodigy Experience' would be a better choice in the top hundred than 'Fat of the Land'!!!

Luan Pra bang 16 October 2006 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Your clearly wrong. That would be Absolution by Muse.

I think Muse are fantastic but absolution does not have the complexity and the 'i could never do that in a million years ' feel of OK computer

GC8 17 October 2006 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Radiohead are ****. :)

I listened to Paranoid Android the other evening at it made me want to jump out of the window... I had to listen to Joy Division and The Smiths to cheer up!