ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Morettes - what benefit? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/55098-morettes-what-benefit.html)

gareth 19 November 2001 12:39 PM

Hi,

I've ordered morettes for my new wagon for the usual cosmetic reasons. Just wondered what other benefits I'll get - how does the light quality compare with the standard units? Given it's a motorsport-influenced design, I was kind of hoping I'd get some improvement...

Gareth

KimA 19 November 2001 01:20 PM

Gareth,

All I personally can say is "I can see again" - they're brilliant :D :D

druddle 19 November 2001 01:20 PM

Speak to Dr Evil about this - he has had them on his MY01 for a while. I know he was amused by the angle of the full beam lights (could pick out birds in the trees but see no more up the road!)

Dave

[Edited by druddle - 11/19/2001 1:21:34 PM]

KimA 19 November 2001 01:44 PM

Oh yeah, forgot about that - great for viewing helicopters/planes at night ;) Must get them aligned...

M Hutton 19 November 2001 01:50 PM

After I got them for my 01 they did need a bit of alignment.

There is a little bit of difference now I can see the road.

Good lights even with the standard bulbs and not many people can work out the car at night from the headlights alone.

The only downside is I can no longer illuminate a road sign from thee hundred yards with the indicators, the original headlights were a little over the top on that score.

Just make sure you get them aligned before you leave or at least have them booked in somewhere to get them aligned properly.

KimA - Are you now unhappy with you light position? I mean after he parked cars next to each other and shone the against the fence to get them set up and everything! ;)

M Hutton 19 November 2001 01:50 PM

After I got them for my 01 they did need a bit of alignment.

There is a little bit of difference now I can see the road.

Good lights even with the standard bulbs and not many people can work out the car at night from the headlights alone.

The only downside is I can no longer illuminate a road sign from thee hundred yards with the indicators, the original headlights were a little over the top on that score.

Just make sure you get them aligned before you leave or at least have them booked in somewhere to get them aligned properly.

KimA - Are you now unhappy with you light position? I mean after he parked cars next to each other and shone the against the fence to get them set up and everything! ;)

KimA 19 November 2001 01:51 PM

Mark,

It's probably because i'm a lot shorter than Dom - have to look from under the steering wheel ;) ;)

paulmon 19 November 2001 01:59 PM

They look exactly the same as the ones I saw on a Corsa :eek: last week. So you can quite easly blend into the MAX POWER brigade.

I know they are not cheap, but when similar versions appear on other cars they start to look cheap. Personally I would go for the UK300 light cluster.

Paul