ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   TV / SKY / DVD / AUDIO SET UP ????? HELP!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/550461-tv-sky-dvd-audio-set-up-help.html)

Andy M3 11 October 2006 08:17 PM

TV / SKY / DVD / AUDIO SET UP ????? HELP!!!!

Basically I bought a TV a couple of weeks ago. At the same time I bought a 'theatre system’, which consists of 2 speakers and a woofer. I have just had sky HD installed which leaves me with the option of watching digital/analogue TV, a DVD or sky.

The Problem
So the way I have set it up means I can use the DVD player on 'TV' mode, which means I get the full surround effect whilst watching the digital/analogue TV. But it doesn't work on Sky. When I press PLAY on the DVD player it uses the digital/analogue station and switches it automatically to the DVD screen, and I get the DVD audio. However I cannot get the audio to work with the sky. I have switched the leads around a bit to no avail, although there is only a couple of scart [sp?] leads to play around with.

Does anyone have any advise for me? Worse case scenario I will have to look at the instructions! :freak3:

Cheers in advance.

AM3

richie001 11 October 2006 08:18 PM

can't help but try AV Forums Home

davegtt 11 October 2006 08:20 PM

How is everything wired up? I would suggest your Sky etc are going through your home theatre set up and your DVD player is going directly into the TV. Hence the sound coming out of there, you need to feed the signal through the theatre (amp or whatever) before going to the Telly. Hope thats of some use.

Andy M3 11 October 2006 08:23 PM

The only problem with that dave, is there is only 1 scart input in the dvd. However, it has made me wonder if switching the in's and out's around may help.......

brb :)

davegtt 11 October 2006 08:26 PM

But what about the sky box, doesnt that have an input? So send your DVD scart output to the sky box input. send the sky box output to the amp input and send the amp output to the scart on the telly :)

Problem solved, or at least it should be providing you have them connections :) Otherwise a multiple scart socket is your answer

Andy M3 11 October 2006 08:32 PM

Dave you fooking legend! It works......................

Well good enough anyway. The digital/analogue TV doesn't appear to have audio, but we only watch sky and dvd, both of which are now in surround!!! {In a Peter Kay stylee :D} :thumb: :thumb:

davegtt 11 October 2006 08:35 PM

:thumb: glad I could have been of assistance, now go turn the sound up :D

Gymbal 12 October 2006 09:46 AM

Just as a matter of interest, if it is sky + or HD you can use an optical out from SKY to the amp (depending on the amp etc) & also from your DVD (it may (should) have an optical or coaxial out (to go to your amp). It should be better sound......

RT(F)M? ;)