ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Light Aircraft crashes into New York Apartment building (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/550454-light-aircraft-crashes-into-new-york-apartment-building.html)

Gangsta Smurf 11 October 2006 08:08 PM

Light Aircraft crashes into New York Apartment building

just in case people aren't aware the above just happened in New York. No further news other than it was a small light aircraft or helicopter. No news as to whether it is terrorist related incident as yet

GC8 11 October 2006 08:10 PM

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Aircraft hits New York building

GC8 11 October 2006 08:12 PM

News24 states that its a helicopter.

GC8 11 October 2006 08:22 PM

Its a fixed wing plane now...

marmski 11 October 2006 08:36 PM

Could have been Superman?

Bubba po 11 October 2006 08:38 PM

Was it a Subaru plane? :)

speye91 11 October 2006 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Was it a Subaru plane? :)

No, he would of had them in the thermals.

Scrappy9 12 October 2006 11:06 AM

Evidently one of them was the flying instructor !!!

Not going to use them.

Also heard that the apartment owner had left his landing light on, so thats probably the cause.

Jap Import 12 October 2006 11:10 AM

Considering 2 people died, It's hardly a time to make jokes.

Fair enough, it does'nt affect our lives, but they had families.
Imagine them being part of yours.

This worlds full of sick *******s, dont add to it!

marmski 12 October 2006 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jap Import
Considering 2 people died, It's hardly a time to make jokes.

Fair enough, it does'nt affect our lives, but they had families.
Imagine them being part of yours.

This worlds full of sick *******s, dont add to it!

Dont over-react, when we posted their was no indication that anyone had died or infact were injured.. and the news didnt seem to know what had hit the building apart from something small that flies.

My thoughts are with the families of those it involved.

cw42 12 October 2006 04:47 PM

marmski

My thoughts are with the families of those it involved
Why? Why are you thoughts with them? Did you know either of the 2 people involved or anyone in their families?

marmski 12 October 2006 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by cw42
marmski

Why? Why are you thoughts with them? Did you know either of the 2 people involved or anyone in their families?

No, but it doesnt stop me from being a human.. and consouling with someone elses loss.

Whats your prob?

fl6 12 October 2006 09:13 PM

oops mist the runway :lol1:

whitepilgrim 12 October 2006 09:20 PM

Ok look at the situation a small aircraft crashes in to tall building killing two persons??

One was having flying lessons the other flying instructor.

Ok lets get real having flying lessons my self and knowin a flying instructor personally for many years.

A. Learny drivers dont go flying between tall buildings
B. Instructor can take controle at any time.
c. You just dont get lost ..take wrong turning when flying ...especiallly when not foggy
D. No sympathy just another case of a saddo yank with failling career trying to make history.

Ps If you dont agree with D I dont have a problem with it but just ask yourself how do you get lost with an instructor by you side.

them yanks pmsl

fl6 12 October 2006 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by whitepilgrim
Ok look at the situation a small aircraft crashes in to tall building killing two persons??

One was having flying lessons the other flying instructor.

Ok lets get real having flying lessons my self and knowin a flying instructor personally for many years.

A. Learny drivers dont go flying between tall buildings
B. Instructor can take controle at any time.
c. You just dont get lost ..take wrong turning when flying ...especiallly when not foggy
D. No sympathy just another case of a saddo yank with failling career trying to make history.

Ps If you dont agree with D I dont have a problem with it but just ask yourself how do you get lost with an instructor by you side.

them yanks pmsl

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cw42 12 October 2006 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by marmski
No, but it doesnt stop me from being a human.. and consouling with someone elses loss.

Whats your prob?

Consouling with someone elses loss? What exactly does that mean?

I asked why your thoughts were with the families of those involved, and you've implied that I'm not human if I don't also do the same? Correct? But why? Why do you feel the need to waste your time thinking about someone you didn't know, just because they made it to the news? What about the people that have died on the UK's roads today? Are your thoughts with them also? In fact, to take it further, are your thoughts only with people and families who make the news, and is that just tv, or does the radio count? Newspapers? What about internet based news stations? Sky tv?
Sorry, but it just bugs me, and there has been a number of debates on this very subject on scoobynet, the way some people automatically have sympathy for other peoples missfortune, for no apparent reason. Maybe I'm not human after all!

marmski 13 October 2006 08:51 AM

What about the people that have died on the UK's roads today? Are your thoughts with them also? In fact, to take it further, are your thoughts only with people and families who make the news, and is that just tv, or does the radio count? Newspapers? What about internet based news stations? Sky tv?

Yes, Yes and Yes... high profile or not, makes me remember how dark and down the times when i have lost people close to me really are.

For me, it also reminds me how lucky i am to be able to wake up each morning with a smile on my face, and happiness around me.

Sorry, but it just bugs me, and there has been a number of debates on this very subject on scoobynet, the way some people automatically have sympathy for other peoples missfortune, for no apparent reason. Maybe I'm not human after all!

Im not here to judge others, its not my place.. your choices are your choices.

Edit: I dont want to argue further... it wasnt my intentions in the first place.

cw42 13 October 2006 03:24 PM

marmski

I dont want to argue further... it wasnt my intentions in the first place
mine neither, and my apologies for the moan :(