ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Richard Hammond out (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/550287-richard-hammond-out.html)

anc-sti 11 October 2006 09:54 AM

Richard Hammond out

Heard a wisper, The Hamster left the Bristol BUPA hospital a few days since at 1 o'clock in the morning to avoid any press attention. Apparently his recovery is going very well. He was overheard being asked if he'd have another go, to which he gave the obvious repley... NO ***** CHANCE!!:D

Maybe sial news but good news all the same.

B9GLY 11 October 2006 10:10 AM

if all goes well and he get back to 100% health, i think he will have another go at it!! he seems to be that sort of person!

Leslie 11 October 2006 11:54 AM

Glad to hear he is out now. That always makes recovery quicker too.Better atmosphere in your own home.

Les

unclebuck 11 October 2006 12:08 PM

Still no sign of the axed Top Gear though. Reckon we've seen the last of that.

Nat 11 October 2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck

Still getting bites with that one? :)

penfold118 11 October 2006 12:26 PM

Looks like filming has started, got to mean he is on the mend.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Filming resumes on Top Gear show

Funkii Munkii 11 October 2006 12:26 PM

Will this be an end to the Diana like mania that has surrounded the "Hamster" ??

I for one fookin hope so !!

Vapid 11 October 2006 12:29 PM

Ok fcukstick, put your scoobynet ID where your mouth is, if Top Gear comes back you don't post here any more, no more whining, no more neo nazi rants, no more making yourself look like the pathetic ****head you surely are.:)

If it doesn't come back then you can say 'I told you so'.

unclebuck 11 October 2006 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vapid
if Top Gear comes back.

Ah, so you concede that it has been axed then?

I told you so... :lol1:

Edcase 11 October 2006 12:58 PM

"The next series will not be scheduled until we have further news of Richard's progress. We remain committed to the future of Top Gear," the spokeswoman added.

"What we've always said is that of course filming was postponed after Richard's accident and now it has resumed. We're delighted by that."

;)

Vapid 11 October 2006 01:02 PM

Ah, so you concede that it has been axed then?

I told you so... :lol1:

Nah, I was merely indulging your fantasy. How about it then, when top gear comes back you skulk off with your tail between your legs?

scooby595 11 October 2006 01:16 PM

for all those synics...........

just pulled this off the Top Gear website.................

"Filming of the next series of Top Gear has now been resumed. The start of the new series will be announced here in the coming weeks."

If it's been axed, why are they saying this on their site ??

also, following the links to "be on the show", there are tickets available for all of November. Either the website is WHOLLY out of date, or further proof it's coming back ??

Vapid 11 October 2006 01:21 PM

It's a conspiracy, crab people living under the earth are planning to take over the earth and only uncle suck can save us. Think of him like those lunatics you used to see wearing the 'End is nigh' sandwich boards.

unclebuck 11 October 2006 01:32 PM

Except that the end isn't 'nigh' - it came and went. The new series was due to begin last weekend - it didn't though because the show was axed by the powers that be who consider it a bad influence on us all.

Oh, and yes those dates are the old ones. It is out of date.

unclebuck 11 October 2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21
Still getting bites with that one? :)

Only from 'dumbasses'

:lol1:

FlightMan 11 October 2006 02:32 PM

Only from 'dumbasses'

:lol1:

I bet. It helps liven up your pathetic little existence doesnt it? :lol1:

PG 11 October 2006 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by anc-sti
The Hamster left the Bristol BUPA hospital a few days since at 1 o'clock in the morning to avoid any press attention.

Avoid Press attention ! ? :Whatever_
You must be joking! He and his agent will ensure that there is as much coverage as possible.
This crash will make him a fortune.

unclebuck 11 October 2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
I bet. It helps liven up your pathetic little existence doesnt it? :lol1:

My existance is lively enough thanks. Unlike that of a baggage handler in the world's biggest sh*thole of an airport terminal. ;)

FlightMan 11 October 2006 04:58 PM

My existance is lively enough thanks. Unlike that of a baggage handler in the world's biggest sh*thole of an airport terminal. ;)

Actually I'm not a baggage handler.

The rest is spot on. ;)

anc-sti 12 October 2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by PG
Avoid Press attention ! ? :Whatever_
You must be joking! He and his agent will ensure that there is as much coverage as possible.
This crash will make him a fortune.

Perhaps their concentrating of the recovery first:rolleyes: Brain injuries take time and often you won't get complete recovery, so give him a break.

Leslie 12 October 2006 11:11 AM

I was very glad to see the big media coverage of his problem. It was what a presenter of his high standard deserved.

Les

J4CK50N 12 October 2006 12:40 PM

Top Gear will be back - end of!

Deal with it!