ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tesco goes into the software business (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/550207-tesco-goes-into-the-software-business.html)

pslewis 10 October 2006 09:39 PM

Tesco goes into the software business

Tesco is about to start selling its own branded software ..... from an OFFICE Suite to DV Burners and Anti-Virus Programs.

All at £20!! :thumb:

I bought shares in Tesco at £2:99 not long ago ..... they are now around £3:65 - nowhere better to sink your money!!

Like last year I gave a HOT Xmas stock tip and those who followed my lead cleaned up a big fat profit ... TESCO is my HOT tip for this Xmas!

Pete

j4ckos mate 10 October 2006 09:43 PM

im not a red commie or anything but that place is gettin to powerful its like microsoft . they shouldnt be making such vast profits selling beans and milk and stuff. they shhould pay a bonus tax on their profits thren instead of little vouchers for computers in schools . we could actually have schools.

MY00PPP 10 October 2006 09:44 PM

I disagree slightly. ok they are the darling of the private investor however the markets expect constant over performance against forecast...only takes a product recall or an investigation into price fixing overseas and the house of cards fall.

within the sector, sainsbury is on the rise. every % gain of market share they can irode from tesco will be warmly received.

popeye 10 October 2006 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Like last year I gave a HOT Xmas stock tip and those who followed my lead cleaned up a big fat profit ... TESCO is my HOT tip for this Xmas!
Pete

Seem to recall your last HOT tip was Betamax video tapes.

Please, just hurry up and stop breathing Lewis.

pslewis 10 October 2006 10:23 PM

Why do people hate winners?? :rolleyes:

Everyone hates me too - must be the same instincts at play ;) And I care LESS than TESCO does about what you think!! :D

Pete

STi wanna Subaru 10 October 2006 10:30 PM

Report on Ch4 news tonight about them using kids in the factories that supply a lot of their cheap clothes range. Glad they think of human rights over a fast buck.

Child labour making Tesco clothes - special report - news - channel4.com

J4CKO 10 October 2006 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by popeye
Seem to recall your last HOT tip was Betamax video tapes.

Please, just hurry up and stop breathing Lewis.

Oooh you charmer.

unclebuck 10 October 2006 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Oooh you charmer.

Gets my vote :thumb:

KiwiGTI 11 October 2006 09:13 AM

Why do people hate winners?? :rolleyes:

When it comes to shares it usually means they have already won - ie: the smart people have made their money and the only way is down for the share price.

Nat 11 October 2006 09:27 AM

Tesco shares underperform compared to the companies actual financial and sales results.

JS is definately one to watch, their turnaround strategy seems to be working well.

nathanb 11 October 2006 09:36 AM

You cant knock them everything they touch turns to gold!!

Andy-C 11 October 2006 09:50 AM

Tesco make £1.1bn profit in first 6 month of trading yet they are making me compulsory redundant through 're-structure' - b@$t@rds

PG 11 October 2006 10:10 AM

I worked for them years ago.
All very nice but as Andy found out, when it comes to the crunch they don't give a ****. They just tossed asside the 70 or so people that worked for me and just tried to keep the management team.
The 85p per share was nice though...

ChrisB 11 October 2006 11:27 AM

Tesco is about to start selling its own branded software ..... from an OFFICE Suite to DV Burners and Anti-Virus Programs.

All at £20!! :thumb:

I bought shares in Tesco at £2:99 not long ago ..... they are now around £3:65 - nowhere better to sink your money!!

Pete

Are you going to buy their backup software Pete? :p

Nat 11 October 2006 11:28 AM

Seems like Carphone Warehouse were the shares to have this week in the telcom/it sector!

Leslie 11 October 2006 11:49 AM

The supermarkets deserve criticism for their unfair amd mean attitude towards their suppliers. Their profiteering is beyond the pale.

Les

stevencotton 11 October 2006 12:10 PM

I seriously doubt Microsoft are worried. Re-selling software someone else has written, there's a new idea ...

GaryK 11 October 2006 02:27 PM

Yes and lets face it, its not just about price when it comes to buying software, if it was we would all be running linux and using star office but were not! As for burning, AV and software of that ilk its all around that price mark anyway.