ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   G-Star Jeans - Counterfeit? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/550098-g-star-jeans-counterfeit.html)

SinghSuperStud 10 October 2006 03:13 PM

G-Star Jeans - Counterfeit?

Hi Guys,

purchased some G-Star jeans from Ebay and paid approx 60quid.

They have G-Star embossed in the rivets etc and all looks authentic but the zipper on the fly is YKK - is this as it should be?

Also - can anybody confirm if there's any truth in the fact that G-Star are made in India therefore lable shouldn't say made in Taiwan (haven't checked mine yet).

cheers!

KiwiGTI 10 October 2006 03:17 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a zip not made by YKK, even on luxury clothes, but they will probably be fakes.

And if they are fakes the lable could say they were made anywhere.

Mogsi 10 October 2006 03:19 PM

eBay.co.uk Guides - G-star fake jeans HOW TO SPOT THEM

SinghSuperStud 10 October 2006 03:20 PM

KiwiGTI - what makes you say mine are fake? I've checked the stitching etc - good quality, the rivets are all GS labelled etc -it's just the zipper has ykk written on it :confused:

cheers

KiwiGTI 10 October 2006 03:24 PM

No reason other than a large percentage of luxury items sold "new" on ebay are of unknown provenance, and many people, including the actual manufacturers can't tell the difference between real and fake items from places such as Hong Kong or Thailand.

Actually having YKK is probably a good thing because it means they are using a quality zip instead of a cheap no name brand.

davegtt 10 October 2006 03:25 PM

Does it matter? Theyre good quality jeans (according to you) look good, does it matter what the label says? you must be happy to have paid £60 for them, or you worried mates will laugh at you cause your wearing something thats fake or not designer?

STi wanna Subaru 10 October 2006 03:27 PM

link to the auction?

GC8 10 October 2006 03:27 PM

eBay is full of pikeys selling piss-poor fakes. The only way to be sure is to only buy decent/expensive clothes from decent/expensive shops.

SinghSuperStud 10 October 2006 03:35 PM

Cheers Guys for your comments.

Not too bothered if they are fakes but would like to know as you do still want what you believe you've paid for.

The reason I ask about the zip is that it keeps opening lol :) !!

Auction link:
eBay.co.uk: Cool G-star raw!!L32W32! !New arrival! RARE!RRP £109 (item 270034292073 end time 01-Oct-06 14:53:22 BST)

:)

555Rob555 10 October 2006 03:35 PM

I saw a program a couple of years ago that said that there were only two manufactuers of zipps in the world. YKK, and the other one. I don't remember what the other was.:confused:

This is all probally crap by the way. My brain throws up random "facts" at regular intervals. Only about 60% are ever based on reality. Sorry.:wonder:

King RA 10 October 2006 03:54 PM

Why does the brown paper bag he is selling them with have G-STAR spelt G-SATR. Perhaps it is supposed to look like that and I'm being fick?!?

SinghSuperStud 10 October 2006 03:55 PM

Sh1t - I didn't even receive the paper bad lol

I'll inspect it now :-)

SinghSuperStud 10 October 2006 04:00 PM

Have asked the seller to confirm where my paper bag is and also why it says Satr and not Star!!!

:)

STi wanna Subaru 10 October 2006 04:03 PM

I cant tell mainly because I'm not up on my G-star jeans but what I will tell you is he's selling a lot of 'G-Star' stuff but he aint a store. ebay is full of snide Diesel jeans because they became popular. I'd put guess for this reason they are fakes as G-Star has gone the way of Diesel in being popular. They could be an old season though or part of a bulk buy. Places like TK Maxx knock brand names out cheap.

SinghSuperStud 10 October 2006 04:09 PM

It says they're the latest style so I wouldn't think they're old stock.

I've fixed the fly problem :) lol

STi wanna Subaru 10 October 2006 04:11 PM

people tell porkies all the time on ebay ;)

also so many fake trainers it's untrue!

KiwiGTI 10 October 2006 04:15 PM

Some people are making fortune by selling fakes. All you need to do is move to Thailand, buy the fake stuff for £5 (or less) a pair, and sell it on ebay for £60 charging £20 postage.

There was an article in The Times on this a while back saying some backpackers are earning £2000 a week by doing this, all from a few hours a week work.

GaryK 10 October 2006 04:39 PM

I dont buy any stuff like that becuase most of it is fake. Why pay £60 for a pair of jeans when you can go buy a nice pair of cherokee's from tesco for a fiver???

:lol:

Ian_S 10 October 2006 07:00 PM

the name is spelt wrong on the bag, and his feedback is private, id say fake

lee-swindon 10 October 2006 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by GaryK
I dont buy any stuff like that becuase most of it is fake. Why pay £60 for a pair of jeans when you can go buy a nice pair of cherokee's from tesco for a fiver???

:lol:

tesco jeans :lol1: