ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hotel corporate rates (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/549932-hotel-corporate-rates.html)

ScooBStu 09 October 2006 09:12 PM

Hotel corporate rates

We are off for a couple of days away for our anniversary in a hotel and one of my friends gave me a corporate ID number which gives hotel discounts. I checked it on the website and it was a fair bit cheaper.

Are they likely to question who I am if I use it? Anyone use them and have to prove this?

Cheers

Suresh 09 October 2006 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by ScooBStu
We are off for a couple of days away for our anniversary in a hotel and one of my friends gave me a corporate ID number which gives hotel discounts. I checked it on the website and it was a fair bit cheaper.

Are they likely to question who I am if I use it? Anyone use them and have to prove this?

Cheers

I doubt the staff on reception will give a toss what price you paid.
Have a happy anniversary and don't worry about it!

Suresh

MY00PPP 09 October 2006 09:36 PM

ditto the above. have a nice time and feel free to share the id# :)

scoobys20mgh 10 October 2006 03:14 AM

Absolutely not, use our discount all the time, never, ever get asked - enjoy!

Avi 11 October 2006 12:35 PM

I've used my Bro's discount at marriott before with no questions :D

davegtt 11 October 2006 12:39 PM

I was offered one by the De Vere chain, they told me that anyone, friends, family etc can use it for hotel rooms and enjoy the same discount I get. :)

Happy anniversary

TopBanana 11 October 2006 12:49 PM

Most people don't pay the walk-in rate, chill!

scooby51 11 October 2006 12:54 PM

i work in a hotel and can assure you that they will not check it out unless you start posting 200 Bollinger bottles or 400 room service's on your account!!!!!

enjoy it and happy anniversary

:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

^Qwerty^ 11 October 2006 01:46 PM

If you click the military or government staff box on the Marriott online booking system, you get quite a healthy discount. All it says is that you should be prepared to produce ID at the Hotel when you check in.

I suspect if you flash a ID of some kind at them if you do get asked, the reception staff will have no idea at all what it is as most of them only speak broken english anyway.

TopBanana 11 October 2006 01:59 PM

You could just say you're a defense contractor and can't say anything about who specifically you work for.

Nido 11 October 2006 07:50 PM

As everybody says, no probs at all :thumb:

AndyK 11 October 2006 09:21 PM

I stay away on business in the states quite often and before I check in i find out the name of a large company near by and tell them i am working there. Quite often the companies have local deals with chain hotels and so you get the best rate for that night. Never been asked to prove anything because i say i am a contractor.

This is only if you walk in off the street but I am sure that if you called ahead you would get the same.