ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Contender Final - Tonight (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/549838-contender-final-tonight.html)

RMA26 09 October 2006 04:10 PM

Contender Final - Tonight

Grady Brewer of Steve Forbes?

Discuss......

also, Saturday :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Pub, Beer & Boxing

Joe Calzaghe v Sakio Bika (IBF & WBO super-middleweight titles) 21.45 ITV1

Mogsi 09 October 2006 04:15 PM

I would have to say Forbes....

Been rather dissapointed with this series, the fights have seemed very 'easy' shall we say, with almost every fight going to points.

I also think it misses not having Stallone presenting and the lack of challenges that they had in the 1st series..

Also wasn't last years final broadcast live !!

RMA26 09 October 2006 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mogsi
I would have to say Forbes....

Been rather dissapointed with this series, the fights have seemed very 'easy' shall we say, with almost every fight going to points.

I also think it misses not having Stallone presenting and the lack of challenges that they had in the 1st series..

Apparently, tonights final is a 10 x 3 minute fight! Shown in its entirity:thumb:

Like last year, the failed fighters fight for runners up titles

Should be good, my money's on Grady - He is very skilled, forbes has the advantage & experience, but Grady (I actually dislike Grady) is a good boxer:thumb:

P1Fanatic 09 October 2006 05:07 PM

I say put the winner against the Ultimate Fighter 4 winner and see who wins. I know where my money would be :)

Have watched most of the Contender but its been very samey samey. Only real knock down I saw was that Mike chap in his win.

Simon

RMA26 09 October 2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
I say put the winner against the Ultimate Fighter 4 winner and see who wins. I know where my money would be :)

Have watched most of the Contender but its been very samey samey. Only real knock down I saw was that Mike chap in his win.

Simon

Dont think it'll be long before they do a UK version:wonder:

B9GLY 09 October 2006 08:13 PM

think this series has been rubbish! its not a patch on the 1st one imo.

unclebuck 09 October 2006 09:20 PM

who? what?

RMA26 10 October 2006 09:07 AM

The Bravo & K9 fight was poor...........

Mogsi 10 October 2006 09:11 AM

I thought both fights were rather sloppy to be honest.

K9 had some good opportunities to finish it in the early rounds but never followed them through..

If theres a 3rd series I hope they go back to the format off series 1 and pick some fighters with character..

RMA26 10 October 2006 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mogsi
I thought both fights were rather sloppy to be honest.

K9 had some good opportunities to finish it in the early rounds but never followed them through..

If theres a 3rd series I hope they go back to the format off series 1 and pick some fighters with character..

True, but the Forbes V Brewer was far quicker paced in comparrison to Bravo V K9