ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   MORE THAN INSURANCE (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/548726-more-than-insurance.html)

jacksdad 04 October 2006 09:15 PM

MORE THAN INSURANCE

Got a surprising phone call from More Than today. Renewed my insurance in September with them purely down to cost.
A-Plan renewal £580 - MoreThan £393.
I have a 05 wrx standard. 34yo. 5yrs no claims. Garaged etc etc
35 days into my policy they phoned me saying they had to cancel, as their underwriters (Sun Alliance) wont insure group 19-20 cars.
Full refund. £25 M&S vouchers (that's the wifes christmas sorted:luxhello: ) and I have 7 days to find another insurer!! Bit of a pain :brickwall

Has anybody else came across this? Looks like I'm going to have to knock on A-Plans door again.

Cheers

Neil

GC8 04 October 2006 09:25 PM

Try Gary Keith Michaels too.

GROWLER_GRRRR 04 October 2006 09:34 PM

insurance

aplan was my choice 600 squid full ncb 400 excess 37years old clean licence

also try tesco but you need a tracker fitted with them 720 i got quoted ooouch !

good luck .:sleep:

mgcvk 04 October 2006 09:42 PM

Its a shame Tesco still have not realised how pointless trackers are.

DARKDESTROYER9 04 October 2006 09:42 PM

i presume nothing has changed on you policy if so i dont think they can cancel your policy they took it on knowing what ins group your car was i would have thought they wouldnt have a leg to stand on if you approached the insurance ombudsman (exuse bad spelling) its not good having a policy cancelled it cn effect future policys

StudentScooby 04 October 2006 09:47 PM

I know they always ask if you have been refused a policy or had it cancelled.....

Mr Mother Lover 04 October 2006 10:08 PM

im insured with Churchill (oh Yes!!!) 26yrs old, 5yrs no claims etc etc. Car already had tracker fitted. 492 squid. My mates got two scoobys insured with them too. Might be worth a try ?? Hope this helps ? Im new to all this.

Bugatti 04 October 2006 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by DARKDESTROYER9
i presume nothing has changed on you policy if so i dont think they can cancel your policy they took it on knowing what ins group your car was i would have thought they wouldnt have a leg to stand on if you approached the insurance ombudsman.

read the terms and conditions of yore policy, i'm sure somewhere in there it will say something along the lines of: either party has a right to cancel the policy within 14 days of commencement. I take that to mean they have to honour your policy as it is well over that period.

Naz.

jacksdad 04 October 2006 11:00 PM

It states : "We may also cancel this policy by giving you at least 7 days notice"

Bugatti 04 October 2006 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by jacksdad
It states : "We may also cancel this policy by giving you at least 7 days notice"

They always leave themselves with a way out:brickwall

Naz.

whitepilgrim 04 October 2006 11:05 PM

First quote i had was with direct line £440 but need tracker , shoped around lots of quotes for £900 to £1000 or cant insure that car after taking all your details, 41 yo clean lincense never made a claim in 23 years £$@***7%£$s

endedup with subaru insured £550

555 Markus 04 October 2006 11:08 PM

Read the terms and conditions. Both parties have a right to cancel the policy at any time. Under termination of the contract, More Th>n need to give you at least 7 days notice, which it sounds like they've done.

See page 13:

http://www.morethan.com/Process/Documents/motorpoli.pdf

Don't think RSA have underwritten motor business for group 19/20 cars for some time now.

Did you take out the More Th>n policy through a call centre? If so, it sounds like the assistant may have taken your details down incorrectly. £393 does sound cheap for a 05 wrx (although I suspect someone will disprove this!).

scoobyDAZZA 04 October 2006 11:12 PM

confused.com

ideal for standard cars whatever it is.

jacksdad 04 October 2006 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 555 Markus
Read the terms and conditions. Both parties have a right to cancel the policy at any time. Under termination of the contract, More Th>n need to give you at least 7 days notice, which it sounds like they've done.

See page 13:

http://www.morethan.com/Process/Documents/motorpoli.pdf

Don't think RSA have underwritten motor business for group 19/20 cars for some time now.

Did you take out the More Th>n policy through a call centre? If so, it sounds like the assistant may have taken your details down incorrectly. £393 does sound cheap for a 05 wrx (although I suspect someone will disprove this!).

Done online. They still haven't fixed it either. Went on tonight. £424

plum 05 October 2006 11:48 AM

There was a big excess when More Than quoted me! £600 I think!!

gotmashed 05 October 2006 12:23 PM

i found the AA cheapest for me £515 27 5years ncb :S

jacksdad 10 October 2006 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
Try Gary Keith Michaels too.

Many thanks to Gary @ Keith Michaels.

Excellent service, excellent price. Top man :thumb: :thumb:

bob's wagon 18 October 2006 09:23 PM

had same problem as jacksdad,more than accepted my money then 1 month later have sent me THE letter NO INSURANCE:mad:
tried loads of companies but gary at keith micheals finally sorted out a deal for me :thumb:
a big thank you to gary:thumb:
bob

Geordie_Aaron 20 October 2006 02:18 PM

I used to work for More Than, in their sunderland office, people that work there are actually trained in all sorts of insurance guidelines and laws...yet they can't spot GROUP 19/20 when it flashes up lol duno why as it quite blatently says "we cannot insure this person on this car insurance group"...they must have done it to up that days sales ? :(

GC8 20 October 2006 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by jacksdad
Many thanks to Gary @ Keith Michaels.

Excellent service, excellent price. Top man :thumb: :thumb:

See this Gary? Ive put that much business your way (including my next door neighbour) that Im thinking about re-negotiating with you!

:)

Arch 27 October 2006 03:07 AM

I have just had a quote of £388 for a 55 WRX standard from Privilege. I have hadcars insured with them before and they are very good if things go wrong. They ask for a Tracker though.

COLZO 27 October 2006 06:55 PM

I`m with Priviledge, 2nd year. Best quote and they understand PPP. :thumb: