ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   thinking of a change (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/548468-thinking-of-a-change.html)

treehack 03 October 2006 09:20 PM

thinking of a change

playing with the idea of swapping the jdm scoob for a mustang gt v8.anyone got one or driven one.opinions please

AudiLover 03 October 2006 09:28 PM

man why are there so many stupid people on this forum thinking about getting a ****ty mustang GT.

Wakeup and smell the coffee.

Mustang = american car

american car = **** car

I dont see why anyone would contemplate buying one of those slow, crappy built, crappy handling fuel eating POS.

treehack 03 October 2006 09:36 PM

guess ya not a fan of 'em then.any reasons??

AudiLover 03 October 2006 09:39 PM

American made, and idolised by yanks who dismiss anything thats not a V8...or american. They can keep their cheap ****. Plus to get one over here will cost you double of what it would in the US. Not value for money in my eyes. Go jap or german :D

The Chief 03 October 2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover
man why are there so many stupid people on this forum thinking about getting a ****ty mustang GT.

Wakeup and smell the coffee.

Mustang = american car

american car = **** car

I dont see why anyone would contemplate buying one of those slow, crappy built, crappy handling fuel eating POS.

Thats funny it seems to be ok with the EVO staff as a long term car.

ok not as great a handling as a scoob but 300 bhp and a 0-60 time of 5.6 seconds is not to be sniffed at and the latest Shelby - come on 0-100 in 8.6 thats 911 Turbo performance.

just because its american does not mean its a sh*t car. people coudl slate Audi's for being overweight, dull, boring and sh*t handling.

a bit like an american car.

Also stop calling people stupid on here, maybe he wants a different sort of car. something with a bit of character.

stop being so feckin' abusive:nono:

AudiLover 03 October 2006 09:43 PM

lol americas best saloon a cadillac CTS-V cannot touch a audi for handling never mind a lowly mustang. Complete and utter different leagues and agendas. Infact show me a new audi thats **** handling. The other things you mentioned are arguably true for some models.

Your right on me being offensive. Ive been a norty boy :o :nono:

treehack 03 October 2006 09:45 PM

gone jap already.yep it's fast and handles but it's a bit boring now.fancy somthing differant.300hp v8 is tempting or maybe push to a shelby gt500.
anyone got somthing good to say?

The Chief 03 October 2006 09:50 PM

lol americas best saloon a cadillac CTS-V cannot touch a audi for handling never mind a lowly mustang. Complete and utter different leagues and agendas. Infact show me a new audi thats **** handling. The other things you mentioned are arguably true for some models.

Your right on me being offensive. Ive been a norty boy :o :nono:

The only decent Audi IMO is the RS4

And yes i've owned Audi's
had a lovely A6 2.8 Quattro that was quick and a great bahn stormer but even though 4 wheel drive it handled (and braked) crap due to the weight.

I sold it for a Scoob and never looked back.

I was impressed with the S3 that i drove once, but compared to a Subaru it felt dull and steering lacked feedback. i would still consider one even though it did not set my world alight.

I woudl imagine a Shelby Mustang would set your world alight at every trip to the shops.

http://www.svaconversions.com/Shelby%202005.htm

The Chief 03 October 2006 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by treehack
gone jap already.yep it's fast and handles but it's a bit boring now.fancy somthing differant.300hp v8 is tempting or maybe push to a shelby gt500.
anyone got somthing good to say?

Yeah i feckin' love them.

if you get a GT500 - take me for a spin:thumb:

check out the performance stats:eek:

treehack 03 October 2006 10:00 PM

gt500 came out quite well in evo.would be sretching the budget but will defo look into it.only thing is the lhd not sure if the missus could deal with it

AudiLover 03 October 2006 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief
The only decent Audi IMO is the RS4

And yes i've owned Audi's
had a lovely A6 2.8 Quattro that was quick and a great bahn stormer but even though 4 wheel drive it handled (and braked) crap due to the weight.

I sold it for a Scoob and never looked back.

I was impressed with the S3 that i drove once, but compared to a Subaru it felt dull and steering lacked feedback. i would still consider one even though it did not set my world alight.

I woudl imagine a Shelby Mustang would set your world alight at every trip to the shops.

http://www.svaconversions.com/Shelby%202005.htm

The only decent performance audi is the mk2 TT, RS4, S8, and R8.

As everyday cars the eveeryday audis are up there with mercedes and BMW.

Audi sell more A6's than BMW do 5ers and Merc do e-class' in germany :D

treehack 03 October 2006 10:14 PM

The only decent performance audi is the mk2 TT, RS4, S8, and R8.

As everyday cars the eveeryday audis are up there with mercedes and BMW.

Audi sell more A6's than BMW do 5ers and Merc do e-class' in germany :D

icouldn't give a **** about audi's or bm's i'm askinn about mustang's.if you've no experiance with them fook off

AudiLover 03 October 2006 10:20 PM

mum had a old mustang. said it was a heap of ****. she also had a cadillac. said that was a heap of ****, and whenever an american car comes on TV she says theyre all ****. Shes half american BTW and lived in america for a gd part of her life.

Americans cars are generally **** and dont hold their value. Avoid at all cost. The novelty of having a **** car will wear off quickly.

john banks 03 October 2006 10:27 PM

treehack, you may well be aware, but worth mentioning that Litchfield does Mustangs and JDM Scoobs of course. Might give a smooth transaction/trade in/test etc.

GREGGYG 03 October 2006 10:31 PM

Treehack, I may be looking for an 03/04 JDM STi.
What JDM have you got and how much do you want for it?

treehack 03 October 2006 10:31 PM

audi lover,
**** off.i'm quite capable of doing my own research as to want i want to buy.i was askin if anyone had any experiance of the new(ish) mustang not an old model so if you have nothing constructive to say butt out.also audi's arn't that great,my elder bro' had a fair bit to do with the design of them and he wouldn't buy one in his own words

treehack 03 October 2006 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
Treehack, I may be looking for an 03/04 JDM STi.
What JDM have you got and how much do you want for it?

it's an 05.14 months warreny left
standard apart from zero sports exhaust
4 new tyre's
make me an offer via pm
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...various066.jpg

Jamescsti 03 October 2006 10:43 PM

I look forward to the day Audilover comes out with a reasoned argument, instead of unjustified bull**** he keeps spouting (I can live in hope) he's getting worse than PS Lewis, at least he is quite entertaining at times

GREGGYG 03 October 2006 10:52 PM

Lovely looking car treehack, it may be too new for me, (budget wise), so I won't make an offer yet. I'll wait till you put it up for sale and see how much you're selling it for, its mileage, history, etc, and then take it from there, depending on the price! It's the first JDM in silver i've seen!

ScoobyDoo555 03 October 2006 11:02 PM

LOL - the new mustang is actually a very good car. Rated by most of the motoring press :)

Here's a few examples :)

Review 1

Review 2

Remember Hamster driving one on Top Gear?

I think you'd really have to try one to be sure though

DAn

The Chief 03 October 2006 11:03 PM

it's an 05.14 months warreny left
standard apart from zero sports exhaust
4 new tyre's
make me an offer via pm
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...various066.jpg

That is a seriously nice car mate:thumb:

BTW with regards to LHD - dont worry my old fella has a Chevy Silverado Pickup and its amazing how quick you get used to it. in fact its a doddle.

AudiLover 03 October 2006 11:06 PM

audi lover,
**** off.i'm quite capable of doing my own research as to want i want to buy.i was askin if anyone had any experiance of the new(ish) mustang not an old model so if you have nothing constructive to say butt out.also audi's arn't that great,my elder bro' had a fair bit to do with the design of them and he wouldn't buy one in his own words

he's not very good at his job then is he, and really if he had any input on any of the major componets such as what determines handling etc he would have been a VW employee as the dull and boring audi's are due to the VW derived chassis'.

Oh and were you guys getting your mustang and shelby figures from? Cause if they are american you wont have a chance of replicating those figures due to the way the yanks do their testing.

:D

The Chief 03 October 2006 11:08 PM

Oh and were you guys getting your mustang and shelby figures from? Cause if they are american you wont have a chance of replicating those figures due to the way the yanks do their testing.

Letstorquebhp

which is pretty accurate i have to say:)

treehack 04 October 2006 09:14 PM

he's not very good at his job then is he, and really if he had any input on any of the major componets such as what determines handling etc he would have been a VW employee as the dull and boring audi's are due to the VW derived chassis'.

go find an audi forum.my brother used to work for cosworth development owned by VAG and was a director of engineering so i think he may have known what he was on about

Petem95 04 October 2006 09:59 PM

The ironic thing is Audilover drives a Volvo :lol1:

There is something appealing about the Mustang I have to agree, however I would take it for a decent length test drive on UK roads and see how it copes. I cant imagine MPG, and possibly ride and handling might be unacceptable for the UK.

Also whats resale like on them? I cant imagine in being that good. You can pick up those Camero things pretty cheap now, and theyre 5.7 V8's doing 60 in 5.5ish.

On the other hand if you go for the Mustang, then thumbs up for daring to be different!! :thumb:

treehack 04 October 2006 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95
The ironic thing is Audilover drives a Volvo :lol1:

There is something appealing about the Mustang I have to agree, however I would take it for a decent length test drive on UK roads and see how it copes. I cant imagine MPG, and possibly ride and handling might be unacceptable for the UK.

Also whats resale like on them? I cant imagine in being that good. You can pick up those Camero things pretty cheap now, and theyre 5.7 V8's doing 60 in 5.5ish.

On the other hand if you go for the Mustang, then thumbs up for daring to be different!! :thumb:

mpg hahahaha mate i've got a sti.can't be much worse than that.
daring to be differant you hit the nail on the head mate,since buying the scoob thqats all i ever seem to see.think i've only ever seen 4 mustangs on the road