ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Best of Top Gear cancelled tonight. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/547928-best-of-top-gear-cancelled-tonight.html)

unclebuck 01 October 2006 07:18 PM

Best of Top Gear cancelled tonight.

Out of respect for Richard Hammond because he's unwell after his accident the BBC have decided to cancel Top Gear.

But, they replaced it with some old rubbish called 'Battle Of The Geeks' hosted by... err... Richard Hammond. :eek:

Go figure.... :wonder: :cuckoo:

I'm more convinced than ever that they are just cynically exploiting his injury in order to get Top Gear removed from our screens.

ScoobLou 01 October 2006 07:31 PM

Lets just wait and see shall we :thumb:

FlightMan 01 October 2006 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
Lets just wait and see shall we :thumb:

Amen to that. Can't you just tell that there are some people on her desperate to see the BBC cancel Top Gear so they can say "It told you so"?

ScoobLou 01 October 2006 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Amen to that. Can't you just tell that there are some people on her desperate to see the BBC cancel Top Gear so they can say "It told you so"?

Totally agree mate and its starting to get on my tits :rolleyes:

unclebuck 01 October 2006 08:14 PM

I expect there are. Of course what most people are failing to come to terms with is that Top Gear has been cancelled already.

This is a not so subliminal message from the BBC to say "this is the kind of cuddly safe TV we want to see Richard presenting on a Sunday evening. Not that dangerous nasty old rubbish Top Gear.

ScoobLou 01 October 2006 08:19 PM

Why do you need to keep going on about it :wonder:

unclebuck 01 October 2006 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
Why do you need to keep going on about it :wonder:

Because I think it's important that when something like this is 'done to us' by the PC programmers at the BBC it is highlighted. Can't you see the political manipulation that is going on here to exploit Hammonds misfortune and win what they would see as 'a famous victory' over those they hate.

"Show him doing a nice harmless programme that involves not breaking an egg. That's the stuff. No one in any danger there. Gives out the right sort of message in these caring sharing times etc etc."

It stinks. :mad:

unclebuck 01 October 2006 08:32 PM

I'll bet Top Gear isn't banned from the public by the authorities in any of the other 30 odd countries it gets shown in.

Just us, only we aren't allowed to watch it.

Luminous 01 October 2006 08:33 PM

I think I may have to agree with you there unclebuck :(

Barstewards :mad:

unclebuck 01 October 2006 09:04 PM

Followed by a programme about disabled 'heroes' crossing the desert... This is the stuff. Much more what people should be made to watch. :(

Not a lot of middle aged yobs charging around in those dangerous car things.:nono:

Lee247 01 October 2006 09:07 PM

Remind me, how much is the beeb charging these days for the priviledge of deciding what is suitable viewing :mad:

RapidSeven 01 October 2006 09:08 PM

I have noticed as well, since Hammond got injured, top gear has completely vanished from UK TV Gold, and UK TV People. It used to screen at least 3 different episodes a day.

PG 01 October 2006 10:01 PM

Some irony in the fact that he approached the rocket at the end of the prog. and said..."Just what you don't want to see. The parachute still all neatly folded" :D

TopBanana 01 October 2006 10:10 PM

Not really - the car's chute deployed normally.

Scooby-D4ve 01 October 2006 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by RapidSeven
I have noticed as well, since Hammond got injured, top gear has completely vanished from UK TV Gold, and UK TV People. It used to screen at least 3 different episodes a day.

Noticed that too mate was suppose to be on today, UK TV People listed it but put airport crap on :cuckoo:

unclebuck 02 October 2006 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by 84of300
Remind me, how much is the beeb charging these days for the priviledge of deciding what is suitable viewing :mad:

loads...

now, just shut up and see the spackos cross the desert - or complain at your peril...

Kuohu 02 October 2006 08:38 PM

I quite enjoyed that Egg Race type thing. Infact they really should resurrect it in it's original format, complete with Professor Heinz Wolff (if he's still alive).

Markus 02 October 2006 09:06 PM

Heinz Wolff is still going strong, this is his official site, and he's currently Emeritus Professor of Bioengineering at Brunel University.