ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   warp factor 10,no11,no more even. (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/547643-warp-factor-10-no11-no-more-even.html)

WHEELSHOP0_0 30 September 2006 03:18 PM

warp factor 10,no11,no more even.

Just been out in a customers car,Audi RS4 he has spent 20k modding, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. still cant think straight. I thought my cars were fast, this is on a different planet.:notworthy

PaulC72 30 September 2006 03:54 PM

Nice, but surely for £20k you could make most cars very fast?

WHEELSHOP0_0 30 September 2006 04:05 PM

Yes, but there is fast and there isFAST

J4CKO 30 September 2006 05:59 PM

And then there is a sportsbike.

Christ 30 September 2006 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO

A standard RS4 would be quicker than any sportsbike around the corners unless the rider had balls the size of [insert any large spherical object here].

What sort of mods are we talking??

Chris

Andy M3 30 September 2006 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO

Tis true. Although a any RS4 deserves muchos respect :notworthy :notworthy

GSXR anyone?

Dracoro 30 September 2006 11:42 PM

Out of interest, what did the owner say when you told him about how fast his car was?

AudiLover 30 September 2006 11:56 PM

I take it were talking about the B5 RS4 here?

WHEELSHOP0_0 01 October 2006 12:41 PM

Many good points here, in no particular order. The mods include, larger turbos, mapped(motec I think),changed thr.bodies,cams,pistons,rods,stroked crank,various fuel and exhaust (larger inj. polishing/porting etc.), massive brakes(AP race),suspension poly bushed/rose jointed, and more I cant remember.
I have owned/been in various "fast cars" inc. Porsches,Ferrari,Lambo,Cerbera, 387bhp claasic wagon, Orig. ur Quattro(swb),Lotus Carlton, etc. NOTHING took my breath away like this,(2001 RS4).
I currently have a couple of sports(not hyper) bikes,Ducatti,ZX9, and have had the operation to remove my fear gland, so I know bikes a little(some very fast friends) and NONE would live with this car in the real world(to 40/50mph the bikes might just stay with it) then gone---I assure you.
I know there are faster cars and maybe modded bikes out there(friend has turbo Busa drag bike). but on the road (legal) this was just stunning.
Just felt I should share my awe with some fellow petrolheads:)

Criss 01 October 2006 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by WHEELSHOP0_0
Many good points here, in no particular order. The mods include, larger turbos, mapped(motec I think),changed thr.bodies,cams,pistons,rods,stroked crank,various fuel and exhaust (larger inj. polishing/porting etc.), massive brakes(AP race),suspension poly bushed/rose jointed, and more I cant remember. I have owned/been in various "fast cars" inc. Porsches,Ferrari,Lambo,Cerbera, 387bhp claasic wagon, Orig. ur Quattro(swb),Lotus Carlton, etc. NOTHING took my breath away like this,(2001 RS4). I currently have a couple of sports(not hyper) bikes,Ducatti,ZX9, and have had the operation to remove my fear gland, so I know bikes a little(some very fast friends) and NONE would live with this car in the real world(to 40/50mph the bikes might just stay with it) then gone---I assure you.
I know there are faster cars and maybe modded bikes out there(friend has turbo Busa drag bike). but on the road (legal) this was just stunning.

Paragraphs are your friend :thumb: and so is the space bar :p

LG John 01 October 2006 02:24 PM

We want pics more details, the lot - this car sounds the business :D How much power do you think it has?

RON 01 October 2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
How much power do you think it has?

If they've done all that to it, they should know exactly how much power it has......

WHEELSHOP0_0 02 October 2006 09:25 AM

I have spoken to the customer and he does not want his pics or details posted on this forum. He feels that if grammar or punctuation is more important than horsepower he will post elsewhere.
I am sorry about this as it is my fault(I am dyslexic) and when I am enthused/excited about something its worse,he makes allowances for this, as it has no impact on his cars performance.
So apologies to anyone who could not read this post and I will try to make my posts more legible in the future.

LG John 02 October 2006 09:54 AM

What a sniffer - he'll not even say roughly what sort of power his car has. Some enthusiasts :confused:

Steve Whitehorn 02 October 2006 10:12 AM

Dont worry about it mate. I am dyslexic too. Just something you have to live with-never stops you getting on in life :). I understood your post perfectly -no problem. Sounds like an interesting bit of kit this RS4.
Steve

WHEELSHOP0_0 02 October 2006 10:15 AM

:)

Originally Posted by Steve Whitehorn
Dont worry about it mate. I am dyslexic too. Just something you have to live with-never stops you getting on in life :). I understood your post perfectly -no problem. Sounds like an interesting bit of kit this RS4.
Steve

:) Shame tho. his cars a cracker.:)

WHEELSHOP0_0 02 October 2006 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
What a sniffer - he'll not even say roughly what sort of power his car has. Some enthusiasts :confused:

pm sent.

Criss 02 October 2006 07:41 PM

I have spoken to the customer and he does not want his pics or details posted on this forum. He feels that if grammar or punctuation is more important than horsepower he will post elsewhere.
I am sorry about this as it is my fault(I am dyslexic) and when I am enthused/excited about something its worse,he makes allowances for this, as it has no impact on his cars performance.
So apologies to anyone who could not read this post and I will try to make my posts more legible in the future.

FS was only kidding you tight arse git.

slim_boy_fat 02 October 2006 09:42 PM

I currently have a couple of sports(not hyper) bikes,Ducatti,ZX9, and have had the operation to remove my fear gland, so I know bikes a little(some very fast friends) and NONE would live with this car in the real world(to 40/50mph the bikes might just stay with it) then gone---I assure you.

I look forward to seeing the vid of the car doing 0-150 in 12 seconds, sort of superbike territory.:notworthy

WHEELSHOP0_0 03 October 2006 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Criss
FS was only kidding you tight arse git.

I would agree slightly, he's a bit prickly when it comes to his car, and I was,nt bothered. Might be able to talk him round.:)
ps .Is the tight arse a "scottish crack" or have you seen my arse(20+ stone) in an RS4 seat IS tight. :lol1:

QuattroMNC 07 October 2006 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat
I look forward to seeing the vid of the car doing 0-150 in 12 seconds, sort of superbike territory.:notworthy

Ah sum1's not reading posts properly, in the real world there's usually a corner before 150mph comes, bike will slow down considerably in comparisson to an rs4. Bikes are faster than cars in a straight line but unless you'r initials are VR you'll bee left behind, plus in wales anyway we have this stuff that falls from the sky quite often, it's wet and goes by the name of rain.

5th gear raced a Yamaha R6 and a Porsche C4 (not turbo) the car got beeten by .01 of a second both with championship winning driver/rider. The R6 is an easier bike to corner than the likes of the R1 but the C4 isn't the fastest in a straight line beaten easily by a standard '01 rs4. Granted the bike is considerably cheaper than the porsche but i know which one i'd have, especialy since there's rain outside now

MadMark 09 October 2006 02:00 PM

I know these cars can pushed to big power levels - I think they were approx. 380bhp as standard - so I assume we're talking 500bhp? :Whatever_

Mind you - seeing as my lightly modded WRX can keep up with a 996 C4 - that doesn't seem that impressive! :Suspiciou

WHEELSHOP0_0 09 October 2006 02:58 PM

I think his target figures were 600bhp/600lbft.
I believe this was achieved.
I dont think he will mind me confirming this as it has been mentioned in conversation numerous times.
ps. we only did the stereo install so I dont know all of the mods, just what I remember from our run.
:)