ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/54735-a.html)

Gizmo555 16 November 2001 07:24 PM

Reported 2 new Gatso (temporary ones) recently.

Am I gonna get £100 ?

Has anyone ever got paid ?

Heres hoping

Mark

Ian Cook 16 November 2001 08:02 PM

Did you phone em to confirm the sightings ?

I spotted one ages ago, reported it, it was added to the database and i still havent heard anything !

CJ P1 16 November 2001 11:52 PM

I spotted one ad phoned Morpheous.
Heard nothing so phoned again, eventually told someone beat me to it :(

John Stevenson 17 November 2001 12:33 AM

Have to say I've called about recent cameras and established ones and strangely evough there seems to be a beaten to it pattern emerging !!! Worth further comment I think !!

---john---

ChrisB 17 November 2001 12:38 AM

I rung to tell them some of the positions for cameras local to me were up the creek - seemed to be missing from the DB.

One was already there, the other wasn't.

Not heard a thing...

Gizmo555 17 November 2001 09:02 AM

Yes I have reported them.
I see a pattern emerging - someones beaten you to it ?

So if this happens enough times someone on here eventually must receive something.
Anyone got any contacts to follow this up ?

Cheers

Mark

Luke 17 November 2001 09:15 AM

The oldest tricks are still the best....

Luke 17 November 2001 09:19 AM

Ok , this is what you do. You tell them a new camera has been put up. THIS IS NOT TRUE.give very precise details as to where it is.
Then when they say someone else has "Reported" it make a note of who you have spoken to. Then tell them the truth and go to all the Motering media ,unless they give you a nice cheque.

Could this work??

JackClark 17 November 2001 10:53 AM

Reported two, never got a call back. They called back pretty sharpish when I wanted an upgrade.

John Stevenson 18 November 2001 10:29 PM

I would also agree with Jack, of 4 Cameras I reported, two brand new, two had been there a year, only ever got a call back on one. Interesting that the two cameras which were a year old must have been notified to them since I last uploaded the database...........THE NIGHT before I reported them !!!!!!!

something is afoot methinks !!!

---john---

JasonHook 18 November 2001 11:02 PM

Add me to the list of reported new camera heard nothing.

TaviaRS 19 November 2001 10:09 AM

Me as well - I've spotted 6 in the last 7 weeks (10500 miles!). Seems I've been beaten to all of them.

Stephen Read 19 November 2001 10:14 AM

I guess that those who work for camera installation company's (and the 'relevant authorities') I guess Christmas comes more than once a year!

John Stevenson 19 November 2001 11:10 AM

Good theory Stephen , but how do you explain the absence in their database of two cameras that had been installed for a year, and still it would appear I was pipped at the post !!!!!

---john---