ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   apexi avc-r and fule cut (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/546263-apexi-avc-r-and-fule-cut.html)

wrxjay 25 September 2006 09:25 AM

apexi avc-r and fule cut

hiya just a quick one well its a long one

fitted a apexi avc-r boost controler yesterday

nicw bit of kit all was going wel intill i took it out for a spin to try and set it up

could not get over 0.65 bar

fule cut was comming in was playing around for about 3 hrs

could not get it to boost over that b4 fule cut kept on poping in any way was getting late so i took it of the wasgate and put that side back to how it was

still have the monitring side of the apexi pluged in so went up the road and hit

1.14bar and 99.5% injector rate and almost pooped me self

i cant think whats going on and one think thay can help me out

car is a 1996 wrx uk

mods

jap ecu gc8

down pipe decat

tsl firestorm back box

and thats it

jaytc2003 25 September 2006 11:58 AM

would double check the wiring, it is quite easy to have it connected to the wrong ecu wires as the manual isnt the clearest.

Jolly Green Monster 25 September 2006 12:50 PM

You need to tell the PFC.. ie. change the boost control kit setting.

Simon

wrxjay 25 September 2006 05:05 PM

i think i have gone to the wrong pipes on the i got one from the actuater to the new apexi sol then gose out of the and back in to the oem one and was told to disconect all the plugs from the oem sol i think i have it ass about face on the diagram it wasent clear at all of how it went any one want to explan it to me i would me most happy

and the ecu is set up fine checked 4 times to make it right the first time

Jolly Green Monster 25 September 2006 10:00 PM

COM to actuator, NO to compressor cover.. T the MAP sensor into the original map sensor connection.. block any pipes to the induction if removing the original solenoid.

Simon

wrxjay 25 September 2006 10:42 PM

ok that works well ##thank you

next is the settings any one got some i can go on ?

mickywrx 25 September 2006 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by wrxjay
i think i have gone to the wrong pipes on the i got one from the actuator to the new apexi sol then goes out of the and back in to the oem one and was told to disconnect all the plugs from the oem sol i think i have it ass about face on the diagram it wasn't clear at all of how it went any one want to explain it to me i would me most happy

and the ecu is set up fine checked four times to make it right the first time

No offence, but, some spelling and puctuation, wouldn't go amiss. I'll let you fill in the comma's full stops etc.

wrxjay 25 September 2006 10:49 PM

thanks for that.
spent the last 25 years of my life dyslexsic what makes you think your going to make it better

its hard for dyslexsics to come on to forums with out others making it worse

mickywrx 25 September 2006 11:04 PM

I didn't know you were dyslexic(sp).

Most new people posting on here can't spell for **** and have never heard of grammar, nearly always text speak which I'm now too old to understand :lol1: :nono:

I apologise wrxjay, sorry :notworthy

Jolly Green Monster 26 September 2006 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by wrxjay
ok that works well ##thank you

next is the settings any one got some i can go on ?

Assuming the PowerFC on the car has been mapping then you really need to stick with the boost setting it was mapped to.. otherwise you are likely to run lean or det.

Not just saying that because I map them.

I assume you were running low boost previously because you commented that 1.14bar was lots.. so first set the boost and duty to the same settings, you need to turn the learn off and set it up for the car.. ie. number of cylinders etc..

Watch the Knock reading on the commander and the Injection Duty so you don't max the injectors out, along with the MAF sensor airflow voltage as you don;t want to max that out either.

Simon :)

PS: I never noticed the spelling..

wrxjay 26 September 2006 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mickywrx
I didn't know you were dyslexic(sp).

Most new people posting on here can't spell for **** and have never heard of grammar, nearly always text speak which I'm now too old to understand :lol1: :nono:

I apologise wrxjay, sorry :notworthy

thanks

sorry i poped off on one but its a bit of a sore spot but thanks for the apologe

and thanks for all the rest for heping me out on the scoob :luxhello: