ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Opinions on SUZUKI SWIFT Please!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/546165-opinions-on-suzuki-swift-please.html)

bluenosewrx 24 September 2006 06:56 PM

Opinions on SUZUKI SWIFT Please!!!!

As title, my missus wants one, test drive was good as well.anyone any feed back on them or know of any deals.

Thanks in advance.

Mac

AudiLover 24 September 2006 06:58 PM

My GF is getting one soon in red. Told the silly cow to get it in black but she ddint listen. Not a idea on how they drive as frankly it was irrelevant as it was the only car she wanted.

Reffro 24 September 2006 09:55 PM

Great car. 1.5 GLX is the pick, 101hp, keyless entry, abs, aircon, alloys etc. Approx £8500otr for the 3dr, £9k for the 5dr. Look funky, drive well, ride is a little harsh, but build is good, designed for europeans for once. Rate it very highly, and have read nothing but good from magazines who have run them as long term cars. I certainly enjoyed my run in one. Value for money is nearly unbeatable.

gingerboy 25 September 2006 01:22 AM

A mate just got his Mrs one in grey with white stripes and white wheels.

He really rates it and says it is great fun, due to demand residuals don't seem to bad according to what he has said.

Can't offer anything other than the above I'm afraid.

GB

andythejock01wrx 25 September 2006 12:39 PM

Yep, they're cheap and Japanese. Should be reliable.

bluenosewrx 25 September 2006 11:07 PM

Cheers guys,
it does seem hard to get a deal on one at the minute, hopefully get her one soon.keps nipping my heed non fu**ing stop,lol

Mac

The Chief 26 September 2006 12:23 AM

Never driven owned so i know f**k all.

but i have to say the best looking small car on the road today.
looks great inside too.

EP82 26 September 2006 09:31 AM

I had a Suzuki Swift GTi as my very first car a few years ago :D

Your obviously talking about the new one, but if it has half the character as mine she'll love it :D

Dream Weaver 26 September 2006 11:39 AM

They do look superb, was having a look at one last night. Look like a more modern version of the BMW Mini.

Reffro 26 September 2006 12:22 PM

Chap in our office just got a brand new 1.5glx 3-dr in black for £7995, which is about a grand off list when you add in the met paint price. Bought it at the w/e, as now is the time to get the deals. Don't matter if you don't get delivery this month, but let them invoice for the car and pay for it this month to get good deals.

subevo 28 September 2006 10:27 AM

yes ive got the basic 1.3 in galactic grey .great little car ,excellant handling,only downside is it struggles with long hills sometimes dropping to 4th gear on motorways but town driving is a doddle.if you keep your foot planted it takes off at 4000rpm.most ordinary driving is done at less than 3000rpm.cost me £7500 brand new the only competition was from the new punto but i lked the look of the swift.best colour ive seen is blue.some say its a poor mans mini.but i like it.

bluenosewrx 29 September 2006 05:43 PM

Thats it settled then, hopefully getting one in a couple of weeks, should keep her smiling.

Mac

Vegescoob 01 October 2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
Thats it settled then, hopefully getting one in a couple of weeks, should keep her smiling.

Mac

You do know the Sport version is due about now don't you?
Probably more fun.
Test in November Top Gear Magazine.

MPC-GTR 01 October 2006 07:57 PM

Bit late to the thread, but my wife has the 1.5GLX model, and I would say it is a very good small car. The space inside is very good for driver (I am 2 metres tall) and passengers alike (although boot is very small) and the standard equipment is excellent. Handling is responsive performance is adequate brakes are a bit spongey. Excellent value for money and build quality seems pretty good.

Not car of the year 2005 for no reason

Oh and re the sport version - £2,500 extra over the 1.5 model is simply not going to be worth it for 25 extra bhp and larger alloy wheels