ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone dived in or been to Mauritius? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/545893-anyone-dived-in-or-been-to-mauritius.html)

Account deleted by request 23 September 2006 12:41 PM

Anyone dived in or been to Mauritius?

Off there on wednesday for 3 weeks :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: was just after any info on dive sites people have been to or recommendations for good diving companies.

I'm staying at Merville Beach resort http://www.kuoni.co.uk/CountryInformation/MU/702.shtml just outside of Grand Baie (sp?) and the capital. anyone on here been there before?

Any info on people experiences would be useful.

chop :)

speye91 23 September 2006 12:51 PM

my cousin is married to the prince of mauritius:luxhello:

Generic User 23 September 2006 04:39 PM

Beach traders are a complete PITA. Picturesque island, but little else. So good R&R, if that's what you want.

Haven't a clue about diving...perforated eardrums :(

Warwick-hunt 23 September 2006 05:14 PM

nice one chop, any room in your suitcase for ......................me

take some pics of the sealife, post them up when your back :thumb:

DCI Gene Hunt 23 September 2006 05:26 PM

Don't forget to bring me a T-shirt back........:thumb:

PS - Pictures of near naked female talent would be rather nice also.....

Kev_turbo 23 September 2006 08:00 PM

Got married at the Merville beach just short of 2 years ago - on the beach just by the top rocky outcrop shown in the picture (how's that for useless info). Excellent place, very friendly staff, food unbelievable and certainly plenty to see in the water.

Loads of nice places on the island, did a bit of touring/walking while there. Also went deep sea fishing, expensive and not very productive.

The restaurant at merville beach should be just under 2 years old, it is right on the beach and the tide rose quite a bit boxing day 2004 making things a bit wet (my inlaws were still on the island and had to be moved).

As said above nice for R&R, a few places were offering diving outings for sensible money - follow the road outside the hotel towards grand baie, you will get accosted and told all you need to know.

Kev

Account deleted by request 25 September 2006 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Warwick-hunt
nice one chop, any room in your suitcase for ......................me

take some pics of the sealife, post them up when your back :thumb:

Just bought a underwater camera so I will get the 35mm negs scanned in and will post them up :thumb:

Only room if your female, blond, less than 5'9", size 10 or less and c cup or plus :D

chop

Account deleted by request 25 September 2006 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Don't forget to bring me a T-shirt back........:thumb:

PS - Pictures of near naked female talent would be rather nice also.....

I hear the shopping is quite good on the island.

Naked photos, well if its anything like Kenya then I will post them up :D

chop

Account deleted by request 25 September 2006 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kev_turbo
Got married at the Merville beach just short of 2 years ago - on the beach just by the top rocky outcrop shown in the picture (how's that for useless info). Excellent place, very friendly staff, food unbelievable and certainly plenty to see in the water.

Loads of nice places on the island, did a bit of touring/walking while there. Also went deep sea fishing, expensive and not very productive.

The restaurant at merville beach should be just under 2 years old, it is right on the beach and the tide rose quite a bit boxing day 2004 making things a bit wet (my inlaws were still on the island and had to be moved).

As said above nice for R&R, a few places were offering diving outings for sensible money - follow the road outside the hotel towards grand baie, you will get accosted and told all you need to know.

Kev

Great advice, appreciate it.

chop :thumb: