ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New series of Top Gear 'postponed' (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/545884-new-series-of-top-gear-postponed.html)

unclebuck 23 September 2006 11:12 AM

New series of Top Gear 'postponed'

Looks like they've axed it then. Thought this might happen. The BBC *******s. :mad:

BBC bosses have postponed a new series of Best of Top Gear while Richard remains in hospital. It was due to air on October 1.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

BBC bosses have decided to indefinitely postpone a new series of Best Of Top Gear. The first show was due to air on October 1.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006440306,00.html

jods 23 September 2006 11:20 AM

Nah - you should have read the whole article dude. It has already been filmed - the beeb are only putting the airing of it off till hamster is out off hospital. Sorta makes sense - love the joke idea in the article - good british humour :)

jods 23 September 2006 11:23 AM

loopy ?

mart360 23 September 2006 11:23 AM

prepare for a public enquiry, and some junior flunky falling on his sword.New legislation installed and no more track driving.

mart :D

jods 23 September 2006 11:24 AM

Looks like someone has hacked the scooby code - very interesting :)

scoobynutta555 23 September 2006 11:25 AM

So mods can easily delete posts in minutes, but can't be bothered answering my question about Scoobyshop which still hasn't been answered.

Get your priorities right.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 23 September 2006 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
So mods can easily delete posts in minutes, but can't be bothered answering my question about Scoobyshop which still hasn't been answered.

Get your priorities right.

My priorities are right - removing abusive posts between members

I can't answer Scoobyshop questions as I am not ScoobyNet Ltd - I am a mod with no shares or say so in that enterprise

mr & mrs carlos uk300 23 September 2006 11:29 AM

it was advertised last night, new series monday 8 o clock, hubbies gutted on the same time as the soaps looks like he will banished to the bedroom to see it:)

scoobynutta555 23 September 2006 11:30 AM

Post number 2 was not abusive at all, turn down the censorship dial.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 23 September 2006 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Post number 2 was not abusive at all, turn down the censorship dial.

Its what started it so it went.

Anyway, stop being so precious and let me finish my breakfast.

Generic User 23 September 2006 11:32 AM

Seeing that the show is recorded a week in advance to airing on TV (presentation/studio bits only - the car review footage is pre-recorded). The Beeb need to ensure that they can continue the show with or without Hammond, as well as acting inquiry outcomes, it is too early to fairly make this decision. And in the interest of viewer expectations, perhaps postponing it would allow for time for him to recover to able to continue to present the show, as well as the beeb being able to act upon any outcomes of the inquiry.

kingofturds 23 September 2006 11:33 AM

Fcuk me I want them to show the crash and James and Jeremy taking the piss out of him afterwards:mad: They love what they do and why should they stop.

Die in a 300mph fireball, limbs flying all over the place doing what I love or die like my grandad lying in a bed dying of stomach cancer wearing a nappy. I know what I would rather do.

Paulo P 23 September 2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mr & mrs carlos uk300
it was advertised last night, new series monday 8 o clock, hubbies gutted on the same time as the soaps looks like he will banished to the bedroom to see it:)

Are you sure that wasn't fifth gear? :wonder:

mr & mrs carlos uk300 23 September 2006 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Are you sure that wasn't fifth gear? :wonder:

Whoops so it was :o lol

Generic User 23 September 2006 11:40 AM

They revealed that the presenter's daughters Isabella, five, and Willow, two, still do not know about the crash.
I find that slightly odd.

No wonder they are confued. Daddy has dissapeared, Mummy isn't here eiether and the last time we saw she was crying. Grandad and grandma are also upset, and keep talking about daddy on the phone.

scoobynutta555 23 September 2006 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Its what started it so it went.

Anyway, stop being so precious and let me finish my breakfast.

No, what started it was a deliberate attempt to raise contorversy out of nothing, ie the first post, just delete it all.

Paulo P 23 September 2006 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by mr & mrs carlos uk300
Whoops so it was :o lol

:lol1: I thought it might be. I wonder who 5th gear will try and kill off now :wonder:

mr & mrs carlos uk300 23 September 2006 11:51 AM

:lol1: I thought it might be. I wonder who 5th gear will try and kill off now :wonder:

fifth gear, top gear all the same to me :confused:

Paulo P 23 September 2006 11:55 AM

Fifth Gear is a Top Gear wannabe :( It could be so much better if they didn't copy Top Gear.

unclebuck 23 September 2006 11:55 AM

Some people.... :Whatever_

Anyway... let's look at the facts as we have them: The BBC has 'postponed' the new series 'indefinitely'. That is corporate speak for 'axed'. You may want to clutch at straws and belive that they may be waiting for the outcome of the enquirey etc, but do you really believe that there is any way back from this. Top Gear and Clarkson has always had a great many powerful enemies within the BBC and this is the best chance they will ever have to get him off the air.

Pete The Biker 23 September 2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Die in a 300mph fireball, limbs flying all over the place doing what I love or die like my grandad lying in a bed dying of stomach cancer wearing a nappy. I know what I would rather do.

Well said, from a personal perspective - but less easy for those who are left behind to accept!

Pete

mr & mrs carlos uk300 23 September 2006 11:57 AM

Fifth Gear is a Top Gear wannabe :( It could be so much better if they didn't copy Top Gear.

But i thought Jeremy wotshisname was on fifth gear:wonder:

alcazar 23 September 2006 12:04 PM

Seems that Top Gear have played straight into the hands of Transport 2000 etc:(

Alcazar

unclebuck 23 September 2006 12:05 PM

Besides, we know what the outcome of their 'enquiry' will be. Something along he lines of 'the programme is unnecessarily dangerous for those taking part, it does not represent the values of a modern caring sharing BBC, etc, etc....'

I would love to be proved wrong, but my feeling is that it's time to start getting used to a world without Top Gear.

andrewdelvard 23 September 2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
I would love to be proved wrong, but my feeling is that it's time to start getting used to a world without Top Gear.

Well if thats all I've got to worry about, guess I'll sleep easy in my bed tonight. FFS the blokes just got to get better and it'll be back on. Stop being a complaining, moody, hang wringing old ****.

SwissTony 23 September 2006 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Well if thats all I've got to worry about, guess I'll sleep easy in my bed tonight. FFS the blokes just got to get better and it'll be back on. Stop being a complaining, moody, hang wringing old ****.

:lol1:

dont hold back will ya :D

I doubt TOP GEAR will be axed...ratings and money raked in by advertising will be a hard act to topple, even if the critics are strongly voiced.
No, what we will end up with is a watered down version of Top Gear, with H&S having their own office in the studios.
Obviously it may not attract as many viewers, but the programme has such a large instilled base of followers and viewers that it would be nigh high impossible to kill off.

But, if hamster is well enough to return to whatever version of Top Gear, imagine the ratings on that first return show !!!
True, he might be doing just reviews of the latest in mobility scooters, but it would certainly be a crowd puller.

Pure speculation of course :D

NotoriousREV 23 September 2006 12:41 PM

Given the amount of money the Top Gear franchise is worth to the BBC, I find it hard to beleive that it'll get axed.

astraboy 23 September 2006 12:43 PM

I doubt TOP GEAR will be axed...ratings and money raked in by advertising will be a hard act to topple, even if the critics are strongly voiced.
No, what we will end up with is a watered down version of Top Gear, with H&S having their own office in the studios.
That and the stig getting wheeled when anything remotely dangerous has to be done.
astraboy.

unclebuck 23 September 2006 12:45 PM

LOL andrew. :lol1:

In a straight fight between hard cash and the politically correct programming chiefs it will be interesting to see who does prevail. I'm sure the argument will be that there are far more important 'values' at stake than merely financial ones.

scoobynutta555 23 September 2006 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Besides, we know what the outcome of their 'enquiry' will be. Something along he lines of 'the programme is unnecessarily dangerous for those taking part, it does not represent the values of a modern caring sharing BBC, etc, etc....'

Change the record. Raising issues out of nothing.

Pathetic.