ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Cage fighter extraordinaire (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/545737-cage-fighter-extraordinaire.html)

Vapid 22 September 2006 05:17 PM

Cage fighter extraordinaire

Did you know we have one of Essex's top cage fighters posting here with us?

You may even have met him and I'm sure you all know about his reputation.

It's Steve Aka 'Tripple 'OG'. He's a bug eye owner who has been to a few meets with the essex crew.

So a big hand to him I'm sure we'll all want to support him at his upcoming event in Southend "Ultimate Warrior Challenge" on November 4th.

Maybe we could even organise a scooby crew trip and we can all cheer him on?

Moley 22 September 2006 05:51 PM

:sleep:

Vapid 22 September 2006 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
:sleep:

Do you find cage fighting boring?

320bhp 22 September 2006 06:22 PM

Cage fighting is one of the best sports around, but im afraid to say, you my friend are boreing!!!

Her at the back 22 September 2006 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 320bhp
Cage fighting is one of the best sports around, but im afraid to say, you my friend are boreing!!!

tell the truth you got excited when you saw title :lol:

320bhp 22 September 2006 06:36 PM

Yes ok i did!!

Cornelius 22 September 2006 06:39 PM

Mat, do you know any local Muay Thai camps local, want to start training again

320bhp 22 September 2006 07:10 PM

Not off the top of my head mate. But i'll have a word at training and see if there are any close to you. Glad to hear your getting back into it!!!! I absolutly love it!!! Im going back to thailand next october!!!:norty:

vega 22 September 2006 09:21 PM

Cornelius, have you ever been to the one run by Chris @ the Cricketers in Southend used to be Monday nights, although not sure where you live i.e local enough.

Work those knees and elbows :norty:

Adidas 22 September 2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by vega
Cornelius, have you ever been to the one run by Chris @ the Cricketers in Southend used to be Monday nights, although not sure where you live i.e local enough.

Having waxed your legs first :luvlove: :D

Tiny 22 September 2006 09:48 PM

:lol: :luvlove:

Cornelius 22 September 2006 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by vega

Know it well mate, I used to train there with a mate - Jeff Greenbank, he now lives in Thailand, comes back to this country to work for 3 months and goes back out there.

Sparring with him is something else, I stopped training when I broke a rib sparring in the ring, that fecking hurt and driving home was agony!

Since I stopped, I put on a lot of weight, and now I've lost 2 stone, I feel a lot better for it, now want to carry on. Have to get my punch/kick bag out of the garage.

Ed, theres nothing more off putting than seeing a hairy bloke prance about in a ring;)

Adidas 22 September 2006 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius

Ed, theres nothing more off putting than seeing a hairy bloke prance about in a ring;)

:eek2: :eek2: I don't wish to know about a hairy bloke prancing around your ring :nono: :eek2: :eek2:

Ooops, I've just re-read your post ;) :D :D

Cornelius 22 September 2006 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas
:eek2: :eek2: I don't wish to know about a hairy bloke prancing around your ring :nono: :eek2: :eek2:

Ooops, I've just re-read your post ;) :D :D

So you're now denying that you enjoy prancing round my ring......biatch;)

Adidas 22 September 2006 10:16 PM

So you're now denying that you enjoy prancing round my ring......biatch;)

http://images.asos.com/inv/D/2/2/53328/Pink/image1l.jpg

This is the only ring I know about !! (and please note the colour ;) )

320bhp 22 September 2006 10:47 PM

Know it well mate, I used to train there with a mate - Jeff Greenbank, he now lives in Thailand, comes back to this country to work for 3 months and goes back out there.

Sparring with him is something else, I stopped training when I broke a rib sparring in the ring, that fecking hurt and driving home was agony!

Since I stopped, I put on a lot of weight, and now I've lost 2 stone, I feel a lot better for it, now want to carry on. Have to get my punch/kick bag out of the garage.

Oh yes i'v broken the odd rib in the ring!!!! Hurts a bit!!! Also tore my cartalidge in my knee which im haveing operated on, on tuesday!! This sport is'nt without the odd injury, but hay i LOVE IT!!!!!:norty:

Cornelius 22 September 2006 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 320bhp
Oh yes i'v broken the odd rib in the ring!!!! Hurts a bit!!! Also tore my cartalidge in my knee which im haveing operated on, on tuesday!! This sport is'nt without the odd injury, but hay i LOVE IT!!!!!:norty:

oh yes, especially when you watch the Thai boys fight and KO their opponent with a crushing elbow to the top of the head

320bhp 22 September 2006 10:54 PM

When we were out in thailand last year, we had ringside tickets at lumpini stadium, we almost got splattered with blood as one fighter got an elbow to the head!!! It was great!!! Those thai's now how to fight!!!

Cornelius 22 September 2006 11:01 PM

here's a little taster mate;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91930527222112

Cornelius 22 September 2006 11:02 PM

second fight, a very nice elbow

320bhp 22 September 2006 11:09 PM

Funny you should show these, i was watching them yesterday!! There are some great knockouts in there!!! Have you seen the kickboxing video, where he breaks his leg? OUCH!!!!:cry:

Cornelius 23 September 2006 08:55 AM

yes mate, OOOOUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Also got a video somewhere of a tai kwondo Vs Muay Thai fight, where the tai kwondo fighter is showing off all the flashy moves and the Thai fighter knocks him out with a spnning elbow

Vapid 25 September 2006 06:54 AM

yeah those vids are great, I like the one where you can see their pain best, yeah great.

Anyway anyone up for cheering on cripple 'og in his next bout?

Tripple'O G 25 September 2006 09:51 AM

Hey Cornelius,

Good Muay Thai club in Ilford way.....Different nights for different levels of sparring.....

As for this thread :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Moley, can you pm your number again please fella?:brickwall

Vapid 25 September 2006 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
Hey Cornelius,

Good Muay Thai club in Ilford way.....Different nights for different levels of sparring.....

As for this thread :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Moley, can you pm your number again please fella?:brickwall

Do you get to hang around the locker room and oil up the boys in ilford cripple?

Gangsta Smurf 25 September 2006 10:27 AM

don't see the point of all these martial arts in terms of self defence or trying to be 'hard.' In todays world the person mugging you will more than likely just pull out a gun and shoot you if you tryed to deck him. Spinning elbows and uber kicks won't get you very far in that type of situation. Also won't do **** for you if you are confronted by a gang of 10-15 people ... they are more likely to beat you harder for trying to fight back!

In terms of self discipline and the like I can see the point but yoga does the same thing and you don't have to get your face pounded every once in a while to take part!

Cornelius 25 September 2006 10:47 AM

I don't do Muay Thai for self defence, I do it to keep fit.

Though do have to agree that in this day and age, the mob rules and it don't matter if you're Bruce Lee, you'll be going down if the mob want it to be

Cornelius 25 September 2006 10:49 AM

Muay Thai is more than learning to fight, it's got a more spiritural background, if you ever see a proper ring fight, you'll see the Wai Kru, it may seem daft to "outsiders" but it all has meaning

Gangsta Smurf 25 September 2006 10:58 AM

Muay Thai is more than learning to fight, it's got a more spiritural background, if you ever see a proper ring fight, you'll see the Wai Kru, it may seem daft to "outsiders" but it all has meaning

I would agree with you if I were in Thailand ... where this is not a sport it's a religion. However over here and in the states having a martial art belt is more an excuse to walk around with bloaty head syndrome bragging about how hard you are and how many people you can beat up. Both of which are :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

If you want to become fit start swimming and playing squash. These combined are the best work out you can give your body and you will achieve the desired results faster ... albeit with a slightly less overwhelming brag status

Cornelius 25 September 2006 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
I would agree with you if I were in Thailand ... where this is not a sport it's a religion. However over here and in the states having a martial art belt is more an excuse to walk around with bloaty head syndrome bragging about how hard you are and how many people you can beat up. Both of which are :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

If you want to become fit start swimming and playing squash. These combined are the best work out you can give your body and you will achieve the desired results faster ... albeit with a slightly less overwhelming brag status

I don't brag how hard I am simply because I'm not, and I can't stand people who "act hard" as you say, it's very boring and tedious. There is always someone better and "harder" (just to coin the phrase)

I'm a Roman Catholic, but there isn't any hard proof that there is a an almighty God, so I'm not religious, but I find Buddhism extremely interesting, and the amazing feats that the Shaolin Monks can do based on their beliefs is overwhelming.

So for me, the Thai way is a complete package, harmony, peace, discipline and self confidence. it's not about the ability for fight, I'd rather sort a problem out another way than to resort to physical violence. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, or maybe I'm finding my inner peace but whatever the reason, I'm not interested in fighting, be it street, or on an amateur level to see how good or bad I am. I do it on a spiritual level.

Have to agree that Swimming and playing squash is an easier and less painful way of getting fit, but there isn't many people about that do play squash, and I havent' played since I was in college