ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How big is the inside of a Scooby (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/545652-how-big-is-the-inside-of-a-scooby.html)

Benno 22 September 2006 09:59 AM

How big is the inside of a Scooby

Looking to potentially take my Scooby back to Aus with me and trying to figure out how many cubic metres of space a Classic Wagon has inside leaving only the drivers seat free. My best guess at the moment is 2.5 cubic metres, assuming using all available space (footwells etc) as the contents will be packed loose not in boxes.
If anyone has any better estimates based on experience or actually measuring would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Benno

andy_s37 22 September 2006 10:04 AM

Solution

Get a 10 litre bucket and a load of water and fill it up through the sunroof (or simply drill a hole if you haven't got a S/R), just count how many buckets you use and bobs your aunties live in lover:D :D :D .

Andy.

Sorry i couldn't resist.

andythejock01wrx 22 September 2006 10:09 AM

Think "Tardis".

abc 22 September 2006 11:20 AM

You don't say, but I assume you are planning on shipping it back. (If you are going overland, good on yer!) But if so, why? Must cost quite a bit to do so, then you've got to get it taxed, roadworthied, and registered. Plus, Scoobies are cheaper new in Oz than in UK, so I imagine you'd be able to pick a 2nd hand one up for not too many $$.

Also, when we came back from Oz to UK we were told by our shippers (Grace Brothers) to make sure everything that we packed ourselves was unable to move: ships roll and stuff can get damaged. Hence, I'd be cautious about packing stuff loose in the car if you do intend to ship it.

scoobynutta555 22 September 2006 11:43 AM

Not only make sure your stuff is packed correctly, make sure nothing of value is in it. There must be countless stories of car stereos etc being stolen en route from Japan to the UK.

I personally would sell the car here, as mentioned above. You will have your pick of Imprezas in Oz. How much will shipping be, at least 500 quid? Then I assume there must be duties etc to pay when it arrives.

Unless you have something like a P1, 22buk version, or any other special edition uk impreza, then I'd sell it. Plus you'll be without a car for several weeks assuming you leave the same time as the car.

Benno 22 September 2006 11:46 AM

I am looking at costs now for shipping but from an initial look shipping is approx 750-1000 depending on method, customs tax etc roughly £300.
From what i have seen the cost of secondhand Scoobys over there is quite high so it could work out ok, I think I am looking at about £500 to ship all my personal effects by box so if I can get them in the scoob, this offsets the shipping cost. When I say loose I mean not boxed, everything would be secured inside

andythejock01wrx 22 September 2006 12:14 PM

But then you may be risking damage to the interior of your Scoob.

The "yoghurt cup" plastic scratches pretty easily.