ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Millers Octane Plus (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/545558-millers-octane-plus.html)

Joek101 21 September 2006 08:29 PM

Millers Octane Plus

Bought a case of this stuff off ebay. Came in the post today and am a bit dubious as all of the bottles have some parcel tape on the top of them and a little bit has leaked out of each of them.

I just wanted to check with those that have bought this stuff before - do the bottles normally come with a seal? as none of the bottles have seals on them

I'm therefore uncertain as to whether the tape was an attempt to prevent the bottles leaking during transit (as they will prob end up going upside down and all over the place in the van) and the goods are legit, or whether the bottles have been filled with something and then the tape put on to prevent leakage as there is no longer a seal?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Joe

gaz c 21 September 2006 08:42 PM

i use this on every full tank m8.

i buy it from the local motor factors. to open you should push and twist like a medison bottle. it should have the same type of seal as a childs plastic lid from a bottle of pop. but the security of a medison bottle!!!

IE push twist then a crack from the plastic breaking.

i hope you understand this.:freak3:

Maz 21 September 2006 08:47 PM

Yes they should have the seal mate. As per Gaz C's post they are child/idiot proof so certainly shouldn't have leaked!

Joek101 21 September 2006 09:19 PM

I understand, theres definately no crack when i open the bottle and so the obvious cause of the leak is due to the seal being broken.

So do u think i've been shafted over then with this? as its clear these bottles are not sealed and have been opened. is there any way to tell whats actually been put in them, as im now a bit worried about putting whatever is in the bottles in my car

Do u think i should contact the seller and tell them i want my money back or what should i do?

PJ-STI 21 September 2006 09:20 PM

Bought a box from millers at a show they said be careful and hold the box upright they can sometimes leak.

Joek101 21 September 2006 09:22 PM

Hmmm, that sort of makes me unsure again then now PJ as these bottles will have probably been tumbling around in the delivery van as i mentioned earlier.

Im not at home at the minute but ill check another bottle in the morning and carefully see if there is anysort of crack or resistance upon opening

RRH 21 September 2006 09:36 PM

I buy it in bulk and it's always got tape round the neck- sometimes they do leak unfortunately, so when the likes of demon tweeks ship them they do tape them up.

Granby 21 September 2006 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by PJ-STI
Bought a box from millers at a show they said be careful and hold the box upright they can sometimes leak.

Yep they told me that as well