ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Radio Extender...HOW MUCH!!!!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/544722-radio-extender-how-much.html)

EmEm 18 September 2006 03:48 PM

Radio Extender...HOW MUCH!!!!?

Went to Halfords...got the "dunno what you mean" look, so off I trot to a Jap Car Importer. Yep they could supply a radio frequency extender for £30, but it's "not an easy job"...got to remove most of dash to get to back of stereo. OK fair enough, how much to supply and fit......£50!!!! WHAT!!!!! But what gets me, is it's so hard to fit, he'd do it in 1/2 hr (£20 for 1/2 hr work!) and the bloke who was going to fit it walked over with a small handful of tools, to do it there and then "in between jobs"!!!
Is this true...£50 to supply and fit, or would I have had my a*se seriously whooped, if I'd gone ahead :eek: ???!

320bhp 18 September 2006 03:53 PM

Hi em, your best bet is to go out and buy a new cd player. This will fit straight into where the old one is now and you'll be able to pick up full frequancies.

Cornelius 18 September 2006 04:26 PM

If you don't want to get a new head unit, let me know, and I'm sure I can do a better deal to supply and fit one;)

Milamber 18 September 2006 04:27 PM

Who listens to the radio nowadays anyway? What you need is the Tunnel Run music CD prepared by Dazza

WRX_Dazza 18 September 2006 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber
Who listens to the radio nowadays anyway? What you need is the Tunnel Run music CD prepared by Dazza

lol.

ive got a few brighton run cd's spare in the glove box if anyone else is missing the tunes!!!
- come and see me!!!

:)

Dazza

EmEm 18 September 2006 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius
If you don't want to get a new head unit, let me know, and I'm sure I can do a better deal to supply and fit one;)

I'd rather not get a new unit, as the unit in there at the mo fills the BIG gap and unless I can get a HUGE uk cd unit (I'm not going to get a normal one, plus cubby hole, as nate suggested, as its somewhere for more cr*p!). I would really prefer to just get the extender TBH?? I also like the unit in there!! :luvlove:

Let me know if you can sort something out, and how much £££?

Cornelius 18 September 2006 06:08 PM

ok, I'll see what I can do;)

Cornelius 18 September 2006 06:16 PM

How does £20 supply and fit sound?

EmEm 18 September 2006 10:01 PM

How does £20 supply and fit sound?

Are you sure??!!!! Thats brill!!!! Let me know when your able to do for me!!!
Rhanks your a star!! :luxhello:

Cornelius 18 September 2006 10:14 PM

I've got one on order for you, as soon as it comes, I'll let you know;)

EmEm 19 September 2006 07:37 AM

I've got one on order for you, as soon as it comes, I'll let you know;)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !