ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PPP INSURANCE (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/544612-ppp-insurance.html)

GreigRFC 18 September 2006 12:20 AM

PPP INSURANCE

I am considering getting the ppp kit for my03 sti. How much would this upgrade add to my insurance premium?

Any approx valuations would be appreciated. :)

Cheers

GreigRFC

bpm1588 18 September 2006 12:24 AM

depends on what your paying now but i'd think you would be looking at somewhere around +10%-15%

GreigRFC 18 September 2006 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by bpm1588
depends on what your paying now but i'd think you would be looking at somewhere around +10%-15%

Im paying £850 at the moment. It has to be done!

Cheers bpm1588 :thumb:

EVOLUTION 18 September 2006 12:33 AM

just over £100 for me on my WRX PPP MY05

im 25 and premium is £700

not sure how much the STI and WRX PPP differ though, cant see it being much at all though

B0DSKI 18 September 2006 07:29 AM

Seems to add a lot more to a cars insurance if it's added at a later date than it does if it's fitted when new for some reason

EVOLUTION 18 September 2006 09:32 AM

i told them it was how the car came, and initialy the quote was a lot more, not sure how much. but when your a youngster like my self, the high premiums are a lot of money and believe it or not, some companies do like our business lol

a quick mention to them the elephant did it for X amount seen them match the price and throw in breakdown cover. Didnt need the BC, but a few white lies seen the premium drop, job done, more money for petroleum lol

stevebennett 18 September 2006 09:40 AM

My Insurance comapny seem to be very dumb on this they say whats the PPP..

would it just go down as a Chip, Filter and Exhaust???

Thanks

Steve

ARM-Scooby 18 September 2006 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by stevebennett
My Insurance comapny seem to be very dumb on this they say whats the PPP..

would it just go down as a Chip, Filter and Exhaust???

Thanks

Steve

elephant and others see it as a different model within the listings.

If they dont know on the phone ask to speak to someone senior. The guys on the phone only operate a computer, they dont really know a great deal.

GREGGYG 18 September 2006 09:53 AM

Here's the latest quote from PRIVILEGE Insurance:

STi Type UK: £582 a year, fully comp with £525 excess

STi Type UK PPP: £554 a year, fully comp, £525 excess.

The PPP car is cheaper to insure, because, apparently there are far less claims from owners of PPP cars than standard STi's! Call Privilege Insurance!

MaDaSS 18 September 2006 10:14 AM

FFS! I was 35 and paying more than all that for my WRX! LOLz0rs.
I thought i had done well this year paying £657 and £350 excess via Greenlight. Which i must say i am happy at, as all my mods are listed in full for that too.
But EVOLUTION, nice quote for your age that really is.
GREGGYG, still good quotes initially but the excess is a little higher.
Try Greenlight perhaps?

EVOLUTION 18 September 2006 10:26 AM

i ran around last week, Frizzel quoted me £3800 for the same car lol

I must say, i have both my parents on as named drivers, that lowered it by 180, it would have been more if i had have left my dad off the policy, but it wasnt an option, unfortunatly

Boxsterfiend 18 September 2006 10:59 AM

A Plan just quoted me 500 for standard wrx and 600 for wrx ppp. So looks like a 100 quid charge for ppp. Seems reasonable to me

RJL_WRX05 18 September 2006 12:08 PM

So is there an actual insurance class for the WRX05 ppp (in addition to the WRX300) as oppose to having to book it down as a re-chip/exhaust mod?

Boxsterfiend 18 September 2006 12:17 PM

I believe that it is classed as a mod - ie. no seperate insurance class. Problem is that most insurers have no idea what it really is an over / under estimate the additional risk. What I liked about A Plan is that they have a specific scheme for scoobs with Groupama which means they know whats what when it comes to mods and rates them accordingly.

RJL_WRX05 18 September 2006 12:32 PM

I heard (possibly read on here) that considerable effort has been made to get the 05wrxppp it's own classification and as a consequence there are now two classifications for the 05 WRX. One for a 220hp and the other for a 265hp version which is the ppp derivative. Does anyone know if this is true? I seem to remember that some companies list it but others dont.

nik52wrx 18 September 2006 12:42 PM

My insurance went up 90 quid with Aplan when i had PPP fitted last month.
Worth it though.
Nik.

Moley 18 September 2006 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Boxsterfiend
What I liked about A Plan is that they have a specific scheme for scoobs with Groupama which means they know whats what when it comes to mods and rates them accordingly.

It's not just A Plan who have that scheme ;) :D

Very good policy, but only downside is that mods are not covered like-for-like.

Moley 18 September 2006 12:55 PM

To be honest i would always advise speaking to your insurer reference the PPP.

The reason being different insurers have different opinions on it. Some will class it as a dealer added option and will not load for it, others will load 5-10%.