ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Car checking ver 6 help please (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/544101-car-checking-ver-6-help-please.html)

g60cc 15 September 2006 03:54 PM

Car checking ver 6 help please

Hi i`m going to look at a car tomo its a w plate 2000 car red top import japan he said ver 6, i`m just into scooby`s was a 300zx man but aint got a clue could someone let me know what to look for on the car that will say and show ver 6 etc....the log book says w reg year 2000 what else is thier please...many thanks :lol:

g60cc 15 September 2006 09:13 PM

Hum alot of help then? may be stick with the rex and 300`s then

GREGGYG 15 September 2006 09:32 PM

Whenever you buy a Subaru, it needs to have full history, and ideally you need to find out when it was imported. If it was registered in Japan for, say 3 years, then imported, ideally you would want the Japanese history also. Check thoroughly for accident repair damage, which is common on these cars.
Hope this helps a bit!

StiX 15 September 2006 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by g60cc
Hi i`m going to look at a car tomo its a w plate 2000 car red top import japan he said ver 6, i`m just into scooby`s was a 300zx man but aint got a clue could someone let me know what to look for on the car that will say and show ver 6 etc....the log book says w reg year 2000 what else is thier please...many thanks :lol:

W-reg will be Ver 6.

IMO nothing on paper to actually say V6 though.

Red top - so I presume you are looking at an STi.

Have a look at the spoiler, V5 and V6 are the big arse ironing boards - V6 bit more 'curvy' and kicks up at the rear of the spoiler.

Found this for you also:

"1) Sti6 has a flare(!) in the passenger footwell that is not in the UK car!

2) The indicators and wiper stalks are swapped round on the Sti6. Why even bother?

3) Sti6 has a double-din stereo slot. UK has a single-din.

4) UK aerial is on the roof. On the Sti its above the rear left wheel.

5) Sti6 has reading lights at the front

6) UK front passenger gets a mirror in the fold down sun-visor. STi6 does not.

7) Sti6 front seat is more adjustable than the UK car.

8) Sti6 has electronic folding wing mirrors the UK car does not.

9) UK car has a bright switch. Sti6 does not.

10) Sti6 has the revs dial and speedo reversed round.

11) UK car has adjustable headlights. STi6 does not.

12) UK car has no rear window wiper. Sti6 does."

Referring to differences between UK and V6 but might help?

RAF1 15 September 2006 10:31 PM

V6 will only start up with the clutch pressed - V5/V4/3/2/1 start up without clutch being pressed.

Raf.

turboDean 15 September 2006 10:36 PM

As said it should be a ver 6 on a W plate, but it should be quite easy to tell as with version 6 car you have to push the clutch pedal down to start the car but you don't on a version 5. Version 6's have a splitter on the front bumper as standard version 5's don't and the boot spoiler is slightly bigger.

RAF1 beat me to it, need to learn to type quicker.

g60cc 16 September 2006 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by turboDean
As said it should be a ver 6 on a W plate, but it should be quite easy to tell as with version 6 car you have to push the clutch pedal down to start the car but you don't on a version 5. Version 6's have a splitter on the front bumper as standard version 5's don't and the boot spoiler is slightly bigger.

RAF1 beat me to it, need to learn to type quicker.

so on a ver 6 to start the car you would need to push the clutch in? is this on all import etc ver6

g60cc 17 September 2006 11:34 AM

so on a ver 6 to start the car you would need to push the clutch in? is this on all import etc ver6

anyone help if the car starts without pressing the clutch is it a ver 5 then please ....

turboDean 17 September 2006 11:53 AM

YHPM

flakey 17 September 2006 12:04 PM

Look at the model info on the plate, which is to the left side of the engine bay.
It should read for a,

4dr sti version 6 - GC8G4ED

2dr sti version 6 - GC8G2DD

RAF1 17 September 2006 12:17 PM

anyone help if the car starts without pressing the clutch is it a ver 5 then please ....

Yes......

Raf.