ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dying Cat ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/542740-dying-cat.html)

SC008Y 09 September 2006 07:47 PM

Dying Cat ?

We have had 2 black wildcats in our small backyard since we moved here 6 years ago. We have been feeding them cat food daily since with no problem, one of the cats is now however turning really white and lost most of its weight. Does anyone know what the problem mite be or if there is a helpline to call for ?

SC008Y

Miss Kinky 09 September 2006 07:58 PM

try the RSPCA maybe?

or phone your local vet...

hectic 09 September 2006 08:02 PM

sounds like possibly Feline Aids?? im no expert ( in anything apparently) but i remember watching a prog ages ago about feral (sp) cats that had cat flu and feline aids

Miss Kinky 09 September 2006 08:05 PM

i wouldn't recommend trying to catch the cat though... a friend did, and she ended up in hospital with somenasty infected cat bites...

SC008Y 09 September 2006 09:15 PM

RSPCA sounds good thanx, yea the cats look like little black jaguars and I have in the 6 years time never made any contact they are just too wild to get close to

sti-04!! 09 September 2006 09:17 PM

Go out & ask it ?? I dare say you will get an answer ................. :D

Ted Maul 09 September 2006 09:23 PM

don't know about the illness but had a lot of ferrel cats around a few years ago, get them neutered for thier benefit. rspca might know someone who can capture them, although its hard work.

SC008Y 09 September 2006 09:32 PM

I have just tried phoning them and have been informed to let it RIP, only joking they told me to contact them over the net so I sent them an email. Lets just hope for the best, the cat has actually become more human friendly since turning into a snowflake. Today she was about half a meter away from me while I was fillin up her food bowl of hot n spicy cat corn flakes :)

mad555 09 September 2006 10:41 PM

Shot them,its the best for ALL cats.

watto52 09 September 2006 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by mad555

:hjtwofing NO ONE SHOOTS MY CATS:mad:

SC008Y 10 September 2006 02:29 AM

Day 2

Its just past 2 AM and I am having trouble falling asleep thinking about the white ghost cat in my backyard. I am hoping to recieve a reply from HSPC tomorrow with some good news.

The Battle to save the kittie goes on tomorrow

SC008Y :sleep:

mad555 10 September 2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by watto52
:hjtwofing NO ONE SHOOTS MY CATS:mad:

I would for free!!!

sarasquares 10 September 2006 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by SC008Y
We have had 2 black wildcats in our small backyard since we moved here 6 years ago. We have been feeding them cat food daily since with no problem, one of the cats is now however turning really white and lost most of its weight. Does anyone know what the problem mite be or if there is a helpline to call for ?

SC008Y

did you mean that the coat is turning white?
if so i doubt an illness would do that, more like old age. if a cat is very ill they often take themselves off to die quietly.

if the cat has leukemia or aids etc then all the other cats would prolly have it and domestic cats would be at risk if not innoculated. you must inform the RSPCA etc so it can be looked at :thumb:

watto52 10 September 2006 03:29 PM

I would for free!!!

Be the last thing you ever do:mad: :hjtwofing

cookstar 10 September 2006 03:38 PM

:hjtwofing

Leslie 11 September 2006 11:18 AM

Feral cats do a lot of good, they keep the rat population down and are encouraged by farmers in general. We have some in the barn down the road and also feed them since they are always short of food. Very good looking creatures even though you can't get near them.

Les

Tam the bam 11 September 2006 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SC008Y

SC008Y

Perhaps he is a Michael Jackson sort of cat, do you ever see it harassing kittens? :D

TopBanana 11 September 2006 11:54 AM

Phone your local vet. They will normally treat wild animals for free

Coffin Dodger 11 September 2006 04:32 PM

Find someone with an air rifle. It's the right thing to do. Kill both of them in case the other one is infected too.

The local song bird population will thank you for it anyway :)

mad555 11 September 2006 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Find someone with an air rifle. It's the right thing to do. Kill both of them in case the other one is infected too.

The local song bird population will thank you for it anyway :)

Agree!!!!

AudiLover 11 September 2006 08:02 PM

kill the fcukers

j4ckos mate 11 September 2006 08:48 PM

re your whit cat

can you not rub it down with `1500 grade wet and dry and then give it a good scrub up with meguars or should that be moguars:lol1:

Puff The Magic Wagon! 11 September 2006 08:53 PM

Due to the usual suspects & comments, with good advice given, this thread is now closed.