ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   dump valve problem!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/542069-dump-valve-problem.html)

Will 06 September 2006 08:29 PM

dump valve problem!!!

i just put a turbosmart megasonic bov on my95 wrx import and the wooooohssssss noise is low and cack!!! and it suppose to be a real loud 1. can any 1 give me some advice on this please??? would a blitz be better???:wonder:

phil739 06 September 2006 08:59 PM

is it a second hand one ??

Will 06 September 2006 09:13 PM

no its brnd new with proper fitting kit, adapter blanking plug etc. i tried adjusting it to soft, hard and in between and its no good. its too quiet and it doesnt go off when i give it some high revs when in neutral. i have to really put my foot down to get it to do a low psssssssssssttt or should i say pst!!! i dont get engine stall or backfireing so???? could it be the engine??? i put a new engine last week, only done 40k and very tidy??? advice appreciated

GazJenno 06 September 2006 09:17 PM

your turbo wont put out high PSI when in neutral mate you need to be on the road driving.

then the turbo will spool up and create some air pressure and when u let off the throttle the dump valve will release the air to atmos.

Gaz

Will 06 September 2006 10:02 PM

cheers gaz. but even tho i build up pressure it still doesnt give a proper whooooosssssshhh!!! for a bov of that type. i have heard a bailey bov thats louder than that.

Will 06 September 2006 10:04 PM

by the way gaz, what part of north wales u from???? as im from that part 2. ti yn dalld cymraeg?

Welsh Donut 06 September 2006 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
by the way gaz, what part of north wales u from???? as im from that part 2. ti yn dalld cymraeg?

Got a Bailey dv26 on mine and I can't believe how loud it is (had many a compliment - and a few funny looks from my older neighbours)
P.S. rwy'n dallt cymraeg yn iawn!!

The Rig 07 September 2006 12:13 AM

Pah,all this welsh in the air....

chi cymreigeiddio gwerin tun swn digrifol ;) :lol1:

Thats my lesson of the day over with......

Fuzz 07 September 2006 01:36 AM

you have connected the small vaccum pipe haven't you ?

Andy

Will 07 September 2006 02:09 PM

lol... yes i have connected everything properly and still no proper dump??? and it suppose to be 1 of the loudest (turbosmart megasonic) but my farts are louder!!!

Will 07 September 2006 02:09 PM

nice welsh rig ;-)

GazJenno 07 September 2006 07:51 PM

Im live near Abergele, and I do understand abit of welsh but not much.

so your, using it on the road and its still not dumping loudly?

Do you have a boost gauge?

Gaz

Will 07 September 2006 08:42 PM

yes mate i am useing it on the road, giving it about 4000rpm every gear change and it doesnt give much. no i havent got a boost gauge yet.

ian10 07 September 2006 09:23 PM

is the dump valve adjustable if so try adjusting it

if it has a spring in it maybe t's to hard

i had a forge msport on my old classic that din't dump loudly so i put a weaker spring in it and it was loud after that

Will 08 September 2006 02:37 PM

ill get another spring a weak 1 and ill give it a go. cheers mate