ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How $hit is Red Dragon? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/541885-how-hit-is-red-dragon.html)

GaryK 06 September 2006 09:13 AM

How $hit is Red Dragon?

Well managed to catch some of this last night and being an avid manhunter film which is based on the same book all I can say is...I cant believe how bad it is! Hopkins = overrated, norton = pants, if you have never seen manhunter beg borrow steal it and watch a masterclass in acting from Brian Cox and Will Petersen and see how it *should* be done!

Gary

lozgti 06 September 2006 09:27 AM

Book was good.Not seen the films

wwp8 06 September 2006 10:29 AM

i received it as a gift, and watched 30 minutes of it (what a load of cack). then sold it on ebay......she was pissed off when i told her it :rolleyes:

redragon 06 September 2006 10:29 AM

i take offence to this thread :D :D

kingofturds 06 September 2006 10:37 AM

Why?

scoobynutta555 06 September 2006 11:00 AM

I thought for a moment you were saying the original film was ****e!

The original was an excellent film, and far better than any other of the Hannibal films. Superb all round in every dept.

CrisPDuk 06 September 2006 12:43 PM

Well said that man:thumb:

Brian Cox's portrayal of Lecter is far and away more chilling than any of Hopkins' 3 hammy attempts

scoobydooooo 06 September 2006 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I thought for a moment you were saying the original film was ****e!

The original was an excellent film, and far better than any other of the Hannibal films. Superb all round in every dept.

i totally agree mate !! brian cox was an excellent hannibal !!

cw42 06 September 2006 04:28 PM

Check out Cox in L.I.E.
Brilliantly sick http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242587/

Steve vRS 06 September 2006 08:33 PM

Agree. Not a patch on Manhunter.

Steve

cookstar 06 September 2006 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by GaryK
Well managed to catch some of this last night and being an avid manhunter film which is based on the same book all I can say is...I cant believe how bad it is! Hopkins = overrated, norton = pants, if you have never seen manhunter beg borrow steal it and watch a masterclass in acting from Brian Cox and Will Petersen and see how it *should* be done!

Gary

I haven't seen "Manhunter", but enjoyed "Red Dragon" the other night.

Why was it so bad? Or is it because Manhunter is so good?

GaryK 07 September 2006 09:02 AM

The latter cookstar!

From what I saw of RD I would put it in bottom 3 of all time, manhunter is in my top 3 of all time, that makes manhunter aboyut 100 times better than RD, all in my very humble opinion of course!

Its just the characters are *so* much stronger in manhunter, it was done by michael mann, he of miami vice, heat fame, the soundtrack is awesome too.

Gary

Tidgy 07 September 2006 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by redragon
i take offence to this thread :D :D

or perhaps a hedge or wall?

scoobynutta555 07 September 2006 10:47 AM

Glad you mentioned the sound track. I hunted for ages for the album of the song 'in a gadda de vida' (something like that anyway).

Michael Mann films always have good soundtracks, makes half the film for me if the music is good. If it's bad then the film will be bad too.

New_scooby_04 07 September 2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
I haven't seen "Manhunter", but enjoyed "Red Dragon" the other night.

Why was it so bad? Or is it because Manhunter is so good?

To be fair, the re-make isn't awful; it's hard not to like the film if just for the fact that Anthony Hopkins is clearing enjoying reprising the role of Dr. Lecter.
However, in terms of everything that matters about the film, it's not a patch on the original and begs the question, why was it made other than to complete with trillogy with Anthony Hopkins as Lecter.

No-one plays a bad guy quite like Brian Cox. Has anyone played Manhunt? He does the commentary on that too! :)

Ns04