ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What to do in London (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/541299-what-to-do-in-london.html)

J4CKO 03 September 2006 10:21 PM

What to do in London

On a course in London next week, Near the Tate modern, there four nights so need something to do other than looking at filth on my laptop, so far I was thinking I could go in the Tate modern, go on the big wheel thingy, go to the Imax and look at filth on my laptop.

Any other suggestions ?

*Sonic* 03 September 2006 10:25 PM

Might not be a good idea to look at filth on your laptop when you are in the Imax, the folks behind might not appreciated it

Now if you go to the Imax, and connect your laptop up to the screen and then look at filth ....... :thumb:

AudiLover 03 September 2006 10:34 PM

go to a brothel. some nice rstaurants near angel sration.

astraboy 03 September 2006 10:39 PM

get on the train network,
get off at Hackney Wick,
find an illegal rave,
have a belter,
sorted.
astraboy.

ali66 03 September 2006 10:42 PM

while at the london eye, visit the Saatchi Gallery, (just up from the eye,near Dali's sculpture) if only for Richard Wilson's 20:50, installation - most amazing work of art that i have ever seen...enjoy!:)

d5hof 03 September 2006 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by astraboy
get on the train network,
get off at Hackney Wick,
find an illegal rave,
have a belter,
sorted.
astraboy.

i live about 1/2 a mile from hackney and i know what you are talking about but they are very careful who they let in nowadays. For a kick go to camden town station opposite it there is a hardcore rock club, forgot the name(went once in my uni days), had the most scariest time of my life and also this fat rock chick wont leave me alone. damn wot a nite it was the best we went to!!:freak3:

On a serious level though, try London Dungeon, tower of London, Tower Bridges is really cool at night, yep try the mill wheel, why dont you go down to tottenham court road and enjoy an evening in spearmint rhino, always wanted to go for the experience but never had a chance. If you like indian then definitly go Brick lane!

SJ_Skyline 04 September 2006 08:55 AM

Browns :norty:

KiwiGTI 04 September 2006 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Browns :norty:

Mayfair or the place that has pint glasses with pound coins in?

alloy 04 September 2006 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Mayfair or the place that has pint glasses with pound coins in?

obviously the one with the pound coins ;)

:D

J4CKO 16 September 2006 11:04 PM

Well, went to London and was stuck in a Websphere course all day but managed to go out at night/post course.

So, I sank a few pints, on my todd and called everybody in my phones address book, I think even my Grandma was itching to get shut of me so she could resume soap opera duties, spoke to J4CKO's mate (tm) at length about many subjects, he suggested that I was probably a practising homosexual (what does that mean, are there fully qualified ones ?) based on my cultural exploits, as explained below.

I ate at a Nando's four times cos it was near the hotel, not quite sure why otherwise, all of Londons Gastronomic delights and I pick a Chicken chain, main reason was the billy no mates in a restaurant thing, quite like going for a pint on my own with the paper at home but a meal on your own is just desperate and the others on the course all fooked off home or were mute IT types anyway, so takeaway in the room it was.

So, went on the London Eye which was good, pretty much what you imagine really. Looked out at the building in front and about 300 feet up on a balcony there was a woman reading a book, now for me that would be a fantastic chance to freak out tourists of all nationalities, pretending to jump, fake rocket launcher, flashing, the possibilities are endless.

Spent many hours mooching the tate modern, not bothered with all the paintings and shi1 but I spent my time perving at young female art students, nearly killed a young Japanese couple, I dropped the kind of fart that can only be acheived by eating four days worth of Nando's finest with the hottest sauce they do on top, I am sure they thought it was a terror attack at first.

I actually went to see a Shakespeare play at the Globe and kind of enjoyed it, 'A comedy of Errors', apparently its the most accessible of Shakespears plays and had some mildly amusing slapstick in it, also it seems that Shakespeare started the 'Yo Momma is so fat' jokes which I appareciated, in future I think I will stick to my usuall favourites which include either talking animals or exploding helicopters and breasts but it was a lot more palatable than I thought it would be but still I am going to complain to the Hotel company that there was no filth channel and the wifi wasnt working.

phil_wrx 17 September 2006 01:17 PM

well spearmint rhino did it for me a few weeks ago :D

j4ckos mate 17 September 2006 05:00 PM

a different version of jackos londomn visit actually exists:-
this incudes ringing me up at night(late) and telling me of all the perving hes been doiun in the day. whils wife is 12 ijnches away and half trying to listen in.

he did go to shakespeare thought the big puff.

:brickwall
and he rang me upto say my company was on office monkey

i diod mention coming down to lon to meet him and having a wild one , then kipping in his roomm and getting the train home, then i realised id be sleeping quite nearby his nocturnal emissions so i thought better of it

slagmagnet69 17 September 2006 06:13 PM

Torch the place. :norty:

StickyMicky 17 September 2006 06:28 PM

sex shops

Johnny E 17 September 2006 10:29 PM

try and dig up some of the roads, they're paved in gold don't you know:freak3: