ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Morrisons super plus unleaded. (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/541256-morrisons-super-plus-unleaded.html)

Silver scoob 03 September 2006 07:38 PM

Morrisons super plus unleaded.

Hi, went to morrisons at risca today to fill up wife's car and seen two newage wrx's coming out of petrol station, when i got to the pumps iwas suprised to see them selling super plus unleaded for £92.9p per litre compared to V power at Crumlin £1.04p per litre! I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and what their thoughts were.Thanks.

Gazz300 03 September 2006 07:47 PM

I don't use it as I pass Culverhouse X everyday so use Tesco's 99 but I know Mike MSP1 uses Moggies SUL from Barry all the time and he pretty much topped out our Rolling Road day at Powerstation on it. Can't be bad.

Silver scoob 03 September 2006 07:58 PM

Just thinking of switching as i have a standard bugeye wrx and could save 11p per litre, dont sound much but when you work it out per tank per week the savings could be quite big.

MarkGArgyle 04 September 2006 06:55 PM

anyone know if it is in the Ebbw Vale Morrisons?

valley commando 04 September 2006 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by MarkGArgyle
anyone know if it is in the Ebbw Vale Morrisons?

not sure fella but i'm on it:thumb:

Silver scoob 04 September 2006 07:59 PM

Phoned Morrisons in Ebbw Vale and unfortunately not selling it,anyone know if the Tesco in Ebbw Vale is planning on selling super unleaded?

minty0_10 04 September 2006 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by valley commando
not sure fella but i'm on it:thumb:

dim :cry:

Group Captain Smudger 05 September 2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silver scoob
I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and what their thoughts were.Thanks.

I've used it on occasions but not enough to say if it's any better or worse than other brands. The last time my consumption actually worsened and I know, or I've been told, that shouldn't happen?? They used to sell it under the Texaco name but that's no longer the case and when I asked, the cashier couldn't tell me if it was still Texaco or not. So I suppose the chance is it's not as good now.

I also buy sainsbury's SUL if it's cheap enough. You can tell I'm not really taken in by these claims of "extra" performance from SUL though I know Fifth Gear and EVO magazine got good results from using SUL (having said that EVO rated Asda's bog standard stuff good an' all - perhaps they were lucky).

turboDean 05 September 2006 06:43 PM

I used to use Morrisons Super in my car before i had it mapped for Optimax and found it fine.

MarkGArgyle 05 September 2006 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver scoob
Phoned Morrisons in Ebbw Vale and unfortunately not selling it,anyone know if the Tesco in Ebbw Vale is planning on selling super unleaded?

bugger....don't they know that some of us have thirsty performance cars up the valleys?

Currently have to put in BP Ultimate in Ebbw Vale at 97.9, or opti v-power in Crick at 100.9. There is also Waitrose in Abergavenny but have now binned that due to the roadworks.

they still don't have Super in Ystrad Tescos either ...

Rant over:mad:

turboDean 05 September 2006 07:22 PM

bugger....don't they know that some of us have thirsty performance cars up the valleys?

Currently have to put in BP Ultimate in Ebbw Vale at 97.9, or opti v-power in Crick at 100.9. There is also Waitrose in Abergavenny but have now binned that due to the roadworks.

they still don't have Super in Ystrad Tescos either ...

Rant over:mad:

Hope they get 99 Ron in Ystrad at some point as i'm going to be living there soon if all goes well.

Silver scoob 05 September 2006 08:04 PM

According to Keith Price in Abergavenny their garage is soon changing to Gulf and so will all other BP garages in South Wales, don't know if Gulf sells SUL or whats it like.

The Trooper 1815 06 September 2006 08:30 AM

Used Tesco 99 for the run up to Gretna on the weekend. Did 326 miles before the fuel light came on, didn't boot it as the rain was fecking dire all the way up. I did a fill up at Western Avenue before I left, did a bit of flitting round before I left.

Came back having filled up on BP Ultimate only got to A48(M) before the light came on again, 297 miles. Same driving style on the way back. Wifey was watching peak speed on the SEC's!!!

MarkGArgyle 07 September 2006 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by turboDean
Hope they get 99 Ron in Ystrad at some point as i'm going to be living there soon if all goes well.

I have given up hope now - I did fill in one of the "got a question" cards asking when about 3 months ago.

Never got a response:razz:

esp ltd 07 September 2006 09:53 PM

I have given up hope now - I did fill in one of the "got a question" cards asking when about 3 months ago.

Never got a response:razz:

I keep asking as well as i spend up to £400 a week on petrol especially when i sell a few cars (we fill the tanks before purchase). I thought they were going to introduce it there when they marked up the ul pumps with the 95 markings :confused: Never mind, i'll just keep spending in Esso in Blackwood as this gives me a valid excuse to oggle the young girlies in the town :)
Dave.