ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   FAST ROAD GEOMETRY SETUP DILEMA - TYRE WEARING UNEVENLY (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/541206-fast-road-geometry-setup-dilema-tyre-wearing-unevenly.html)

Stephen Pope 03 September 2006 03:51 PM

FAST ROAD GEOMETRY SETUP DILEMA - TYRE WEARING UNEVENLY

MY04, STI 8, Prodrive springs with front and rear strut braces, 18" PFF7's and TSL fast road geometry set up done a couple of years ago.

Problem is the inner shoulder of the f/o/s tyre is wearing excessivly. The car handles like a dream and for that reason, I am reluctant to get the tracking re-done however am also reluctant to pay for new tyres all the time.

So what do I do? I was considering taking the car to the dealers to get the standard geometry settings reinstated. Are these the same for WR1 as I basiclly have a WR1 set up.

How will this make the car handle. At the moment it is relatively neutral/ understeery - a monkey could drive it and it is very forgiving.

Your comments would be much appreciated.

stockcar 03 September 2006 05:16 PM

if its a couple of years since it was set, then perfectly feasible that its now out..............also if things have been changed over time, may also be enough to compromise the settings slightly??

would advise its checked at least

alyn

JJstiuk 03 September 2006 08:01 PM

Yup take it back to tsl or powerstation and have he fast road settings redialed in there, u dont want the standard settings and it will handle like a bag of poo lol unfortunatly the fast road settings cause the inner edge of the tyre to wear first due to increased camber... mines does it and i have the same pff7's on the p zero nero tyres :(

911 03 September 2006 09:54 PM

As above.
Mine is set-up by Powerstation to a radical degree, no uneven tyre wear.
Try PS?
Graham

D1CCY 05 September 2006 03:39 PM

Tyre pressures? I have an 03STi with 18" PFF7s prodrive springs, geo, ALK and 22mm rear ARB and am running 39f/35r, normal recommendation would be 34/31 but I've been experimenting (GSD3 F1s), makes the ride hard but grip is OK and its nice and pointy and helps the shoulder wear. Inside edges still go first but I got 24k out of last set. Its quite a heavy car so this doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Stephen Pope 07 September 2006 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by D1CCY
Tyre pressures? I have an 03STi with 18" PFF7s prodrive springs, geo, ALK and 22mm rear ARB and am running 39f/35r, normal recommendation would be 34/31 but I've been experimenting (GSD3 F1s), makes the ride hard but grip is OK and its nice and pointy and helps the shoulder wear. Inside edges still go first but I got 24k out of last set. Its quite a heavy car so this doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

35f/ 33r

i got 1ok from front tyres