ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Anyone on here gotta Type 25 ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/541111-anyone-on-here-gotta-type-25-a.html)

NoCatSTI 02 September 2006 10:04 PM

Anyone on here gotta Type 25 ?

Hi

I am seriously thinking about selling my v7 STI (with TSL 333, group N no cat exhaust, running 330 bhp, verified by powerstations rolling road) and buying a v8 T25.... :wonder:

OR... Would i be better putting on the Type 25 suspension and changing the turbo to the twin scroll version (if this is possible)

I am aware that ther is nothing wrong with my car and it has only done 27,000 miles from when i got it brand new... Am i throwing money away by getting a type 25!! :brickwall

Feedback would be most welcome

Cheers Paul :thumb:

XRS 03 September 2006 10:49 AM

There are a few Type 25 owners on here, and I see you've already found one that is for sale on here. As you are so close to Tewkesbury it might be worth paying Iain Litchfield a visit as he also has a T25 for sale.

TonyBurns 03 September 2006 11:36 AM

Depends on what you want?
If you want rid of your V7 2001 JDM STi and want to go for a V10 2004 model T25 then go for it, you will also have to throw some money at it if you wanted to go for a twin scroll setup, easier just to replace your car with a V9 2003 JDM STi and have it remapped.

Tony:)

360ste 03 September 2006 11:44 AM

Is that you back in the land of the living? Hope you had a reasonable time down south. I am not too happy at the minute my car is off the road for a week at least with hopefully just a dead coil pack. Ordered it from Subaru in Inverness but can't get it till Satuday. :cry: :cry:

NoCatSTI 03 September 2006 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 360ste
Is that you back in the land of the living? Hope you had a reasonable time down south. I am not too happy at the minute my car is off the road for a week at least with hopefully just a dead coil pack. Ordered it from Subaru in Inverness but can't get it till Satuday. :cry: :cry:

Sorry to here that Steve, been trying to get ho;d of you for a while, did you get my e mails? :wonder: Just looking at possibilities at the mo, hope your motor is sorted soonest m8

Cheers Paul

NoCatSTI 03 September 2006 09:44 PM

Whats it like then?

Originally Posted by XRS
There are a few Type 25 owners on here, and I see you've already found one that is for sale on here. As you are so close to Tewkesbury it might be worth paying Iain Litchfield a visit as he also has a T25 for sale.

I see you have a type 25, so what do you think, worth the money or should i modify my car, suspension etc?

Cheers Paul

Martin2005 03 September 2006 10:33 PM

Best speak to Iain, I don't know enough about the other versions you mentioned. All I can say is the T25 is hillariously fast, has no lag, and just flies from any revs, the torque these cars have is huge, and really low down, mines 380lbs/ft at about 3700 revs. If you can afford it get one:thumb:

Plus I just got 320 miles out of 52lts of fuel!!!