ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Northants Meet 3/9 (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/540707-northants-meet-3-9-a.html)

Thunder77 01 September 2006 09:50 AM

Northants Meet 3/9

7pm at the Hungry Horse @ Sixfields again. Get your names down.

dashpig 01 September 2006 03:32 PM

Should be there :thumb: you've not put me off after the last meeting :)

Neil

Vanish 01 September 2006 03:47 PM

Will be there still scoobyless been over 2 months now should be back next week though :)

Bigears 01 September 2006 07:15 PM

We'll be there, not had the car out for weeks!

scoobypolo 01 September 2006 09:09 PM

yes will be there my first scooby meet

charshaun 01 September 2006 09:25 PM

yep i will try to make this one!!!! :thumb:

RB5 JIM 01 September 2006 10:28 PM

Should be there.

kittle 02 September 2006 08:46 AM

ill try to make it, depends what time get out of trax at silverstone. trafic always fun there :P

stooby stu 02 September 2006 10:23 AM

get yourself to trax it will be the biggest scooby meet there

ZEN Performance 03 September 2006 12:56 PM

Hoping to get over to the pub :luxhello: First time a Northants meet in 2006 hasn't coincided with an event (for us) or the car being 'off the road'.

Paul is cleaning the blue beast as we speak.

See you all later.

Liz @ Zen
www.zenperformance.co.uk

API330 03 September 2006 01:26 PM

should be there

NXG 03 September 2006 10:13 PM

Where was everyone??

ZEN Performance 03 September 2006 10:15 PM

We were all there!?!?

You did go to the Hungry Horse, Sixfields, and not the Queen Eleanor

NXG 03 September 2006 10:34 PM

Went to both!! OK, so I was a little late.... 9.30... but not a sign :(

Anyway, hi Paul, hope you're well.

Ian Cook 03 September 2006 10:45 PM

i didnt hear anybody drive past me (by the express lifts tower), usually hear scoobs up and down weedon road ! lol ;)

NXG 03 September 2006 10:51 PM

I was ony going 60 as I picked up a nail the size of a brick in the NSR tyre today :) Too slow to catch the shiny red classic with a mahoosive silver Prodrive sticker on the bootlid anyway... Who was that masked man?

dashpig 03 September 2006 11:40 PM

Red classic with stickers - that'll be me then :luxhello:

What were you in NXG ??? where did ya see me ???

ZEN Performance 04 September 2006 08:45 AM

I think we all left by around 9.30! Everyone had had a drink and something to eat by then. We are not a wild bunch. :)

dashpig 04 September 2006 11:39 AM

We are not a wild bunch
Paul - How can you say that with a car like that ??? :wonder: :lol1:

NXG 04 September 2006 11:58 AM

Paul: I'm sure it was due to a hard day's partying at Trax rather than a need to get back to a tartan over blanket and horlicks!! ;)

dashpig: A black WRX03 with a drain pipe exhaust along the same lines as yours! Would have liked to play but only had 3.5 wheels on my wagon! What suspension do you have fitted? Seemed to corner nicely coming out of Sixfields into the 40mph (did you miss the sign? ;) ) down to Rothersthorp roundabout then up the hill to Hunsbury hill.

dashpig 04 September 2006 04:19 PM

Oh those 40mph signs - yeah i think i got an issue with my throttle cable at that point that meant i just had to hang on to it, it did however mysteriously un-jam itself a little while later - strange that :thumb:

Suspension is just the standard coils fitted originally to the car whatever they might have been, i'm not really up on my suspension information. It does stick quite nicely to the road around those roundabouts i have to say thanks also to some Avon ZZ3's and BF Goodrich's

Trust all is well with yours, now you've got the nail issue resolved ??

NXG 04 September 2006 07:58 PM

Yes, all plugged and glued fortunately as I've just got these tyres scrubbed in the way I like them! Don't get to see how mine looks going round a bend when on a mission, for obvious reasons, but you obviously had a fair bit of grip :) Going for the stage 3 type 25 soon myself courtesy of the GB on here.

Trying to remain vaguely on topic, is it back to the HH next month?

dashpig 04 September 2006 09:46 PM

Good question - there was talk about moving it around due to some heavy police presence in the area - apparently it's a well known spot for nicking cars so they tend to take more than a keen interest in anything like a Scoob... or Clio's for that matter - but that's a different story :rolleyes:

The location'll be up a few days before the next meet, which will be due on the 1/10 (first Sunday of the month) so i'd just keep a eye out a few days previous to that

Look forward to meeting you if you can make it :thumb:

Neil

NXG 04 September 2006 11:39 PM

Cheers dude, note's on the phone, so hope to get there before everyone disappears this time!

Steve

API330 05 September 2006 12:40 PM

paul (zen performance) thanks for the go in your car.i have been in some very quick cars in my time but that car of your is just unreel.700 odd bhp very cool .made me me feel a bit green though .thanks again mate .

Andy T 06 September 2006 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by API330
700 odd bhp very cool .made me me feel a bit green though .thanks again mate .

Is why you left in a hurry ? The look on your face on return was priceless, defo Kodak moment :D

Thunder77 06 September 2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by dashpig
The location'll be up a few days before the next meet, which will be due on the 1/10 (first Sunday of the month) so i'd just keep a eye out a few days previous to that

I think it'll be back at the QE for reasons stated. Another notion was that we bring the meet forward to early Sunday afternoon and actually drive somewhere. Also with winter months looming its nicer to meet in daylight. So any suggestions for a driving destination anybody?