ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   RS6 question (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/539310-rs6-question.html)

Deep Singh 26 August 2006 08:36 PM

RS6 question

One for all the RS6 owners here.

1) I notice there is no multi function steering on the used examples I've seen. Was it not an option? I'm suprised it wasn't standard on a £60k car

2) Was paddle gear shift an option or was it standard on later cars? Is it any good.

Thanks

Deep

GCollier 26 August 2006 08:45 PM

Multifunction steering wheel was not an option.

Gear shift paddles are an option on other Audis but standard on the RS6. They're very good - either for taking full manual control of gear changes, or quickly dropping a gear for an overtake or a corner when in fully auto mode.

Gary.

AudiLover 26 August 2006 08:49 PM

1. No
2. Its called tiptronic and at the time it was ok.

leonpoole 26 August 2006 09:20 PM

Nothing is standard on Audi's because they are greedy f*ckers and charge you for everything as 'extra's'. Even reverse parking sensors which are standard on most other cars of that quality, i.e BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes etc

GCollier 26 August 2006 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by leonpoole
Nothing is standard on Audi's because they are greedy f*ckers and charge you for everything as 'extra's'. Even reverse parking sensors which are standard on most other cars of that quality, i.e BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes etc

Given you clearly know jack about the spec of the RS6 - which had a tiny options list because it came fully loaded as standard - how about you keep your uninformed opinion to yourself?

Troll 26 August 2006 11:01 PM

Thats rather incorrect there mate. :nono:

Danny B 27 August 2006 07:39 AM

I think you are getting Audi confused with VW's

ScoobyDoo555 27 August 2006 08:39 AM

No No. I've always thought that the RS6 was rather under-specc'd ;)

Dan :D

jgevers 27 August 2006 04:35 PM

My RS6 does not have the multi function steering wheel, but has the paddles as standard.

Have a look at http://www.rs246.com/ In the download section you see the pricelists and specifications.

Cheers

leonpoole 27 August 2006 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by GCollier
Given you clearly know jack about the spec of the RS6 - which had a tiny options list because it came fully loaded as standard - how about you keep your uninformed opinion to yourself?

I didn't claim to know anything about the rs6 as it's a car that does'nt appeal me, i was talking about Audi's in general. The majority of the cars they produce come with naff all - how about you read peoples posts propperly before thinking your clever

ScoobyDoo555 28 August 2006 08:54 AM

Granted, GCollier's post is abrupt ;) however, if his/her defence, in the context of the actual thread (ie RS6), your comments could be percieved as relating to this particular model.

If you had have put

Nothing is standard on Audi's in general because they are greedy f*ckers and charge you for everything as 'extra's'. Even reverse parking sensors which are standard on most other cars of that quality, i.e BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes etc The RS6 may be different though
then all would have been understood.

Please don't think I'm telling you how to write posts, but this is how the post came over :)

HTH

Dan

leonpoole 28 August 2006 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Granted, GCollier's post is abrupt ;) however, if his/her defence, in the context of the actual thread (ie RS6), your comments could be percieved as relating to this particular model.

If you had have put

then all would have been understood.

Please don't think I'm telling you how to write posts, but this is how the post came over :)

HTH

Dan

Good point :thumb:

Troll 28 August 2006 02:29 PM

I didn't claim to know anything about the rs6 as it's a car that does'nt appeal me, i was talking about Audi's in general. The majority of the cars they produce come with naff all - how about you read peoples posts propperly before thinking your clever

A similiarily specced audi is still cheaper than a similiar specced BMW or Merc....

leonpoole 28 August 2006 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Troll
A similiarily specced audi is still cheaper than a similiar specced BMW or Merc....

I never knew that. I thought they were all about the same. Nice wikipedia link by the way :lol1:

Troll 28 August 2006 06:45 PM

Nice wikipedia link by the way :lol1:

Scoobynet will be experiencing our wrath first hand if they refuse to meet our demands. :D

Edcase 28 August 2006 07:46 PM

So Deep, are you ever actually going to *buy* a car? :D

Troll 28 August 2006 08:04 PM

maybe hes jewish?

banny sti 28 August 2006 08:06 PM

He is Sikh not Jewish

Troll 28 August 2006 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti
He is Sikh not Jewish

oh yeah I forgot theyre both tight. Whose stingier though? A indian or a jew?

banny sti 28 August 2006 08:18 PM

You tell me oh great one

Troll 28 August 2006 08:54 PM

Jews of course. nothings tighter than tight like a jew

turboman786 29 August 2006 10:07 PM

Troll...where on earth have you come from?....

ScoobyDoo555 30 August 2006 01:17 PM

Didn't take Troll long to get banned either!! :D
And Rabid :D

DAn

MadMark 30 August 2006 01:57 PM

Translation: I can't afford one - therfore it's ****! :lol:

Judging by the punctuation, grammar and sweeping statements - we obviously are in the presence of a "rockette scientisty" :D

leonpoole 30 August 2006 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by MadMark

Judging by the punctuation, grammar and sweeping statements - we obviously are in the presence of a "rockette scientisty" :D

I could afford one just would never want one. There not **** just not my cup of tea. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to inherit a lot of money :p

ScoobyDoo555 30 August 2006 05:06 PM

You forgot spelling... oh no, that's you :p ;)

Dan :D

MadMark 30 August 2006 05:26 PM

I could afford one just would never want one. There not **** just not my cup of tea. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to inherit a lot of money :p

Gotcha :D

leonpoole 30 August 2006 08:51 PM

Gotcha :D

:hjtwofing ;)

G00ner 30 August 2006 11:01 PM

One for all the RS6 owners here.
Really pisses me off when people muppetise threads, go and do your stupid little chats on MSN or in muppets. :mad::rolleyes:

Hey Deep,

I've been looking at a couple locally, although I would only go for the tourer not the saloon.
A friend has an S8 that's been to the moon and back and has never skipped a beat, it's a proper bullet proof car built like old Mercs used to be, needless to say I'm very tempted, but also getting married next year so money's a bit tight.

If I was in your situation (rich ;)) and also being sensible a new 535 Twin Turbo D Tourer with some nice wheels would be top of the list, it's probably the most capable car ever designed, it literally does everyhing you want.

AudiLover 30 August 2006 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by G00ner
If I was in your situation (rich ;)) and also being sensible a new 535 Twin Turbo D Tourer with some nice wheels would be top of the list, it's probably the most capable car ever designed, it literally does everyhing you want.

So thats a bugatti veyron then :p