ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Meet at Buckles Inn York on Tuesday 19 September (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/538974-meet-at-buckles-inn-york-on-tuesday-19-september.html)

Awd Chaddy 25 August 2006 11:29 AM

Meet at Buckles Inn York on Tuesday 19 September

Trumpet fanfare!

Yes folks, I've finally gotten round to thinking about the next meet. In order not to clash with other events I think we agreed after the last event that 19 September would be good.

If everyone is in agreement shall we meet say around 7.30pm?

Come on, you know you want to!

Oh, and let's see more classics there this time - nice white Type R/RA would be good!!!!

See you there!

Nige

P20SPD 25 August 2006 03:19 PM

Might see if i can pop along, dont know what in mind.

Awd Chaddy 25 August 2006 04:05 PM

In the red beast? Any mods since I saw it last? Come to think of it, when was the last time I saw it - must be covered in cobwebs!

Good seeing you at TOTB although the last I saw you was having a bit of trouble with a sensor? How did you do in the end?

P20SPD 25 August 2006 06:21 PM

No, red car is mothballed for this year, not had chance to sort box out since i last broke it on 2nd July. Also borrowed parts off it to run Mark's car at TOTB, so yes, its covered in cobwebs and dust!

The crank sensor had died at TOTB, David Wallis lent us his, and i went out and did a 10.6 qtr @ 136, which was 11th overall, and 194.8mph top speed at 1 mile, which was 5th overall.

Not too bad, considering i finished building the engine on the Wednesday night :D

Bug Eyed Peas 25 August 2006 08:16 PM

Count us in Nige, we`ll be there. :thumb:

Anthony, Ange, & Ben.

scooby turbo 26 August 2006 12:52 AM

Yes i will be there 1 st of the classics :thumb: you are right we need more classics this time seen a white classic around today

Awd Chaddy 29 August 2006 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by P20SPD
No, red car is mothballed for this year, not had chance to sort box out since i last broke it on 2nd July. Also borrowed parts off it to run Mark's car at TOTB, so yes, its covered in cobwebs and dust!

The crank sensor had died at TOTB, David Wallis lent us his, and i went out and did a 10.6 qtr @ 136, which was 11th overall, and 194.8mph top speed at 1 mile, which was 5th overall.

Not too bad, considering i finished building the engine on the Wednesday night :D

Respect!!!

Awd Chaddy 29 August 2006 10:09 AM

C'mon all you scooby owners!

This could be the last of the good (OK - reasonable) weather meets, so get your cars polished and bring them along to Buckles for all to see. And have the chance to chat to other owners as well.

Nige

Awd Chaddy 04 September 2006 09:27 AM

Anyone else fancy meeting up, with the option of a quick meal?

Weather is looking better - so you can all show off that new polish shine!!!

sherburn spen 06 September 2006 10:16 AM

would love to come but need directions (or meet someone) from sherburn:wonder:

Awd Chaddy 07 September 2006 02:36 PM

Sherburn Spen

It's dead easy to find from Sherburn. Simply head north up to the A64 taking the east turning towards York/Scarborough. Follow the A64 to Biborough Top (there is a new road bridge over the A64 at that point and a Maccy D's on the opposite side of the road), keep on the A64 and about 1/2 a mile further on you will see a minor road turning on the left. The Buckles Inn is literally on that junction although if you miss it, there is another turning into the pub 50yds further on. Don't miss this turning otherwise you will have to go to the next junction do a U-turn head back to Bilborough top do another U-turn and follow my directions again!!!! There is a back way to get to Buckles Inn but if you don't know the area it is best to avoid this.

See you there!

Nige

Awd Chaddy 08 September 2006 02:42 PM

Any more fancy an nice evening out with likeminded folk?

YorksScoob 09 September 2006 06:41 PM

I'm on footy till 7, but should pop down after if people are still around at 8ish

Kev

Awd Chaddy 11 September 2006 02:05 PM

YorksScoob,

No problem, I'll still be there. Hope that doesn't put you off?

See you there.

Nige

s70rjw 12 September 2006 10:08 AM

See you all there. Any WYIOC coming? Bob

wrx300scooby 12 September 2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by s70rjw
See you all there. Any WYIOC coming? Bob

Hi. There is a thread relating to this in the WYIOC section. Yes some are going along to the meet.

speedstermick 13 September 2006 05:38 PM

il try get there for a meet up:cool:

blueangel 14 September 2006 03:03 AM

:lol1:

Awd Chaddy 14 September 2006 09:28 AM

Am I missing something Blueangel? Or, given the timing of your message, is this a case of the keyboard yips?

mr fix it 17 September 2006 10:14 AM

Ive got a type R v5....
I've just heard about this while getting a few things sorted at Ricks in Elvington. My car is still there unfortunately, so will have to give this one a miss. Should be able to pick it up in time for the next meet...

P20SPD 18 September 2006 11:25 AM

Wont be in the Lateral car, most likely in my MG now, as we encountered a problem with the 6 pots at the weekend which means they have had to go away for a freshen up/repair.

Steven

Awd Chaddy 18 September 2006 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by mr fix it
Ive got a type R v5....
I've just heard about this while getting a few things sorted at Ricks in Elvington. My car is still there unfortunately, so will have to give this one a miss. Should be able to pick it up in time for the next meet...

No problem MFI. Will hopefully see you next time.

Cheers

Nige

Awd Chaddy 18 September 2006 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by P20SPD
Wont be in the Lateral car, most likely in my MG now, as we encountered a problem with the 6 pots at the weekend which means they have had to go away for a freshen up/repair.

Steven

Oh that's a pity I was really looking forward to giving the car a once over. I didn't like to waste your time at TOTB as you were clearly busy prep'ing the car for each run.

Never mind there is always the next meet?

See you on Tuesday.

Nige

Awd Chaddy 18 September 2006 02:17 PM

Just a reminder for everyone. The Buckles meet takes place tomorrow at the Buckles Inn at 7.30pm. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Nige

Bug Eyed Peas 18 September 2006 08:05 PM

:luxhello: :luxhello:
Shall I bring the straws? :D

Anthony

Awd Chaddy 19 September 2006 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bug Eyed Peas
:luxhello: :luxhello:
Shall I bring the straws? :D

Anthony

Good idea. See you there!

Nige

P20SPD 19 September 2006 07:02 PM

Still at work, will try call in on my way past.

Trout 19 September 2006 08:03 PM

Still at work - in London so will not be calling in but thinking of you all :)

Awd Chaddy 20 September 2006 11:44 AM

Can I say a big thanks to everyone who turned up yesterday for the meet at Buckles Inn. I think we all agreed that it was an excellent turnout. Particularly impressed with the de-tuned (I was told waiting until new gearbox to be fitted?) Scoobyclinic car boasting normally over 600bhp and the stickered up newage with over 500bhp. As for the silver classic wagon with all the ICE..............phew! Only thing he didn't have was a first aid kit to deal with the perforated eardrums!!!!!!! Mind you, I think he'll have to work on getting more over-run in order to get the flamer kit working properly?

Anyway, as it is getting dark earlier, will probably not try to organise another evening meet until March/April next year. But there was a suggestion of a Sunday afternoon meet one day. perhaps people could let me know if they think this is a goer?

Anyway, as I said great to see you all.

Cheers!

Nige

Bug Eyed Peas 20 September 2006 07:43 PM

Thanks to all that attended, even the WYIOC turned up in their mass.
I owe you a drink Nige!!!
Very good turnout I thought, long may it continue :luxhello:
You mentioned Sunday afternoon meets as the nights are drawing in etc, I think its a good idea. Its just is anyone else??
I think its just a matter of asking folk. :thumb:

Thanks Again Nige :D

Anthony

P.S Forgot the Straws, next time!