ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Important info re; elvington rwyb 10th Sept (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/538874-important-info-re-elvington-rwyb-10th-sept.html)

chrisT.O.T.B. 24 August 2006 09:46 PM

Important info re; elvington rwyb 10th Sept

apparently there is a final rwyb on the 10th sept at elvington for this season, 1/4m and top speed. i've been asked to pass on that this may also be the last straightliners rwyb for good for cars at Elvington, unless the attendance numbers are up for cars competing on the 10th. the previous dates this year and last for rwyb have been affected by weather/poor turnouts etc and they aren't viable to continue putting them on without enough support.

would be a great shame if the 1/4m rwyb days there are pulled, so this may be a chance to try and support the venue and straightliners rwyb days there.
This doent not affect SSO or TOTB plans, but many of you have been to the rwyb events, so please try and pass on or support the rwyb event on the 10th if you can.

gates open 9am approx, racing from 10.30, cost is £45 for unlimited runs.

chrisT.O.T.B. 25 August 2006 08:33 PM

bttt

mickywrx 28 August 2006 09:49 PM

I would like to run my car at Elvington or similar, but I feel that the cost to actually run is quite prohibitive, when all other costs are taken in.

The drive down for TOTB, I used nearly 3/4 tank of petrol.

So £40 or so petrol there and some runs + £45 to actually run my car on the strip + £xx petrol to get home + refreshments/food whilst there if there's burger vans on the day.

To me that adds up to a bloody expensive day. I think that if the price to run was more reasonable then more people would attend and partake. I think the price to actually run their car puts people off.

If the cost was less, I think more people would turn out, but I understand that this probably has nothing to do with you.

I for one don't have money burning holes in my pockets, as I'm sure most Impreza owners don't either.

Also, not that I have any myself, there is a good chance that any turnout would be limited early in September by parents having been bled dry by their kids for the past 6 weeks or so.

Just my take on things.

Cheers,

Micky.

MY93WRX 01 September 2006 09:34 AM

I've been wanting to get up there and do a few runs but as pointed out by mickeywrx i do feel its expensive to enter the RWYB.

On a different note does a Blue stripped out Nova with stickers saying novaload.com on the windows still run their, its an old aquaintance?

StickyMicky 01 September 2006 03:51 PM

i have expected this for a while TBH

Doggy 02 September 2006 11:05 PM

How much to get in???

chrisT.O.T.B. 03 September 2006 10:12 PM

usually £7 or £8 if i remember correctly to spectate