ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ebay - won a phone, seller poor response (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/538022-ebay-won-a-phone-seller-poor-response.html)

Marky-San 21 August 2006 09:24 PM

Ebay - won a phone, seller poor response

I won a new Sony Ericsson for £175 notes, the buyer said he have it to me by Sat or Monday latest. I won it last Tuesday. The money is out my account and has not been claimed on Paypal by the seller (shows an egg timer on ebay for payment). He has only 4 as a rating, but is 100%.

Should I wait a little longer, or go for my money back. I really was wanting the phone last week - that and the lack of communication is slightly worrying/annoying me.

I am the mercy of the scoobynet ebay professionals LOL!

Kuohu 21 August 2006 10:21 PM

Might be worth a quick friendly email to the seller just to ask if there's a problem. The response should highlight whether you have something to worry about or not.

CooperS 21 August 2006 10:26 PM

Phone him, they usually have a number on there.

If not, see if you can get it from his address and give him a call.

white scooby 21 August 2006 11:25 PM

If you made an immediate payment. . .he should have it, the seller does'nt need to claim the money from paypal. The only time I have buyers getting the 'egg timer' icon, is when they pay by e-cheque . . paypal usually clear these in 6-7 days tho. Drop him an email and see what he says :)

Marky-San 22 August 2006 02:40 PM

cheers folks,

Sent email yesterday and nothing today, so I'll ask for his details.

As for paypal, I've never seen that before either. Everything seems spot on from my side.

Marky :)

King RA 22 August 2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Marky-San
cheers folks,

Sent email yesterday and nothing today, so I'll ask for his details.

As for paypal, I've never seen that before either. Everything seems spot on from my side.

Marky :)

I've had that sending and receiving recently. It must be a new thing.

OllyK 22 August 2006 02:48 PM

Once it gets to 7 days (which it is) I'd start down the line of dispute console if you haven't heard anything from the guy.

davegtt 22 August 2006 02:51 PM

I usually wait 7 days, email him and wait 2 days with no reply I email him one last time and say Im going to take it to a dispute with paypal tomorrow if you dont at very least get a reply. The obviously dispute it if theres no reply :)

DCI Gene Hunt 22 August 2006 02:55 PM

EBAY.... that 'WON' phrase is so annoying...

"I WON a phone...." or "I WON a left handed spanner" .... you didn't 'WIN' anything you've actually PAID more money than the previous BIDDER so therefore you have BOUGHT something you probably didn't need, for alot more cash than you should've spent and from some scrote you don't know.....:rolleyes:

And don't even go down the "Feedback 100%" or "Power Seller" road.....:rolleyes:

Won.......... I think not...........:thumb:

magicdudey 22 August 2006 02:57 PM

I had the same problem recently.
When I followed the Sherlock Holmes theory of Elimanating the Impossible.............I then backtracked it to the money still waiting on paypal and had not beed collected.This was due to mistyping a letter on his paypal address, if this is the case it will just sit there and sit there. Double check it.
Hope this helps.

Andy-C 22 August 2006 03:15 PM

I had this recently, seller had put wrong email addy down and paypal couldn't transfer the money to his account.
Sorted it by cancelling Paypal and sending him a cheque

HTH :thumb:

kingofturds 22 August 2006 03:43 PM

Had a payment that took 4 days to go through due to that bloody egg timer thing.Never seen it before last week.