ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   A quality holiday with 4 - 8 hours flight time? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/537763-a-quality-holiday-with-4-8-hours-flight-time.html)

nickwrxstiV2 20 August 2006 09:52 PM

A quality holiday with 4 - 8 hours flight time?

Just got engaged to my GF and we're looking at honeymoons already!!:eek2:

I don't like flying that much, so we're after a really nice 2 weeks away, somewhere that is between 4 - 8 hours away that would take my breathe away!

Any ideas guys & gals????

FlightMan 20 August 2006 09:58 PM

California

Once your up mate, your up. Take-off and landing is the most dangerous aprt of any flight, ask any pilot. As each sector involves one of each, I wouldn't let the actual flying time put you off. :wonder:

We did the west coast of the US for our honeymoon. LA to San Francisco. PCH1 is a lovely drive as well. :thumb:

Criss 20 August 2006 10:15 PM

Congrats, look for somwhere in spain or as above post america, but look out for swinger hols!

AudiLover 20 August 2006 10:20 PM

carribean, guaranteed to be memorable

speye91 20 August 2006 10:21 PM

Newcastle-Amsterdam=1 hr

Amsterdam-Bangkok=10hrs

Five hour wait in bangkok for connecting flights:eek:

Bangkok-Sukhotai=2hours,and that was with a very nervous,first time flyer.

Also we were travelling in our party was a person who said i would never fly for more than four hours.but she had to do this as she was never going to miss her son's wedding.

Then we had to fly from Sukhotai-Bangkok then take a road journey to the resort for the last 2 weeks of the holiday.

The nervous flyer and the first time flyer had to do it all again on the return journey,then they done the same in febuary.

DONT let flight times stand in your way,push the boat out a bit if it's your honeymoon a few extra hours in the air will be well worth it :thumb:

Mick

Alg 20 August 2006 10:26 PM

Dubai.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...2006May175.jpg

Stephb1986 20 August 2006 10:40 PM

congratulations!

Hurgarda in egypt is quite nice i like it there going back in december :D
hope you find somewhere you like :)

David Lock 20 August 2006 11:38 PM

Bermuda?

sti-04!! 20 August 2006 11:43 PM

Triangle ? :wonder:

brumdaisy 20 August 2006 11:59 PM

congratualtions :)

Loads of greek islands if you really dont want to fly far - lindos in rhodes, kefelonia (sp) more peaceful and romantic than luxurious but highly recomended

davegtt 21 August 2006 09:39 AM

we stayed in Pefkos in Rhodes a few weeks back, it was only 5 mins to Lindos. wouldnt say it'd take your breath away :eek:

How about 2 different holidays to break your journey up? so fly to Dubai, spend say 4 nights there, fly to Hong Kong and spend 4 nights there then fly to Phuket and stay for a week to relax on the beach. Fly home.... maybe put Phuket in the middle of the holiday instead? We're looking at doing something like that this year, hoping to do Oz, NZ and Fiji.

scooby51 21 August 2006 09:50 AM

i think Phuket is what he's hoping for throughout;)

brumdaisy 21 August 2006 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt
we stayed in Pefkos in Rhodes a few weeks back, it was only 5 mins to Lindos. wouldnt say it'd take your breath away :eek:

How about 2 different holidays to break your journey up? so fly to Dubai, spend say 4 nights there, fly to Hong Kong and spend 4 nights there then fly to Phuket and stay for a week to relax on the beach. Fly home.... maybe put Phuket in the middle of the holiday instead? We're looking at doing something like that this year, hoping to do Oz, NZ and Fiji.

Agreed - Pefkos is where all the people who work in lindos live! Lindos is in a league of its own and I wouldnt stay anywhere else in Rhodes

davegtt 21 August 2006 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
Agreed - Pefkos is where all the people who work in lindos live! Lindos is in a league of its own and I wouldnt stay anywhere else in Rhodes

Yes but what Im saying is we visited Lindos and its not a take your breath away venue.

Paul3446 21 August 2006 11:51 AM

Corsica, 2 hours away and it's fantastic!

Calvi in particular.

jaytc2003 21 August 2006 12:12 PM

Fuertaventura

Goochie 21 August 2006 01:02 PM

Tuscany.

brumdaisy 21 August 2006 01:07 PM

Yes but what Im saying is we visited Lindos and its not a take your breath away venue.

well i fell in love with the place :razz:

New_scooby_04 21 August 2006 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Once your up mate, your up. Take-off and landing is the most dangerous aprt of any flight, ask any pilot. As each sector involves one of each, I wouldn't let the actual flying time put you off. :wonder:
:thumb:

Bloody pilots!! :lol1: We'd figured out that taking off and landing are the most risky bits as that's when you're closest to the ground!! ;) :D The bit in the middle is scary cause that's when your anticipating getting close to the ground again! :lol1:

Ns04

davegtt 21 August 2006 02:14 PM

well i fell in love with the place :razz:

Not hard when you come from Birmingham ;) :D

ChriSTi 21 August 2006 02:25 PM

Maldives does it everytime for me m8, been 3 times and going again in January 07 for my 40th. The sea is something else, the snorkleing and diving are out of this world., will post pics if you like, (Or e-mail you some piccy's).
Down side is 10-11 hours flying time, but don't let put you off,

Chris:cool:Beaches are heaving though, as you can see below. lol.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...i/P3060031.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...i/P2280005.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...P3130092-1.jpg

brumdaisy 21 August 2006 03:12 PM

Not hard when you come from Birmingham ;) :D

I am not FROM Birmingham :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just doing my bit for charity :D

now where's that 'wallap the cheeky fecker round the chops' smiley gone?:wonder:

davegtt 21 August 2006 03:36 PM

:lol1: come from or live in, the point is still the same ;) :D

brumdaisy 21 August 2006 03:48 PM

:lol1: come from or live in, the point is still the same ;) :D

:razz: to Mr I Live in the back of beyond, inbred, married to my mother/sister/cousin :p

davegtt 21 August 2006 04:05 PM

:razz: to Mr I Live in the back of beyond, inbred, married to my mother/sister/cousin :p

lol Im married to nobody so :hjtwofing :razz:

:D

little-ginge 21 August 2006 04:09 PM

Cyprus is lovely, but the Maldives look out of this world:thumb:

brumdaisy 21 August 2006 05:10 PM

lol Im married to nobody so :hjtwofing :razz:

:D

not surprising when you eagerly display such vulgarities *nose in air*

now back on subject....

Tidgy 21 August 2006 05:17 PM

cuba is suposed to be becomin a very nice holiday destination, and still fairly quiet

bugeyeandy 21 August 2006 05:45 PM

Try Morocco, fantastic country, friendly people. Not too far to fly and if you hire a car you can move around a bit for a change of scenery.

Drunken Bungle Whore 21 August 2006 05:47 PM

I'd recommend either Gozo (next to Malta but MUCH quieter and nicer) or Madeira. Neither are beach holidays but both are fabulous!!

Or - as I've said before - do something completely different - we spent 1 week seeing at least 1 show a day at the Edinburgh festival and 1 week walking through some of the most stunning scenery in the highlands! :thumb: