ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Any crystal ball owners out there ???... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/537274-any-crystal-ball-owners-out-there.html)

kart_man 18 August 2006 05:05 PM

Any crystal ball owners out there ???...

Actually, any international market analysts amongst us? My company needs to transfer some cash from US to here, and I'm wondering if there's anything round the corner that might strengthen/weaken the dollar/pound to make it prudent to do it sooner rather than later. The dollar seems to have strengthened against the pound the last few days, but is it going to continue?? Any opinions?

Ta

Dave

DCI Gene Hunt 18 August 2006 05:11 PM

And you want to ask us..... the feckin scooby net massive...... :wonder:

OK then.............

Here goes...........

Let me think..........

On the tip of my tongue...........

Nearly...............

Nope, not a feckin clue...............................:thumb:

kart_man 18 August 2006 05:14 PM

LOL... Was thinking there's bound to be SOMEONE in here with a finger on the pulse. If I don't get a reply here I'll drop it into Muppets so at least i can have a laugh !!

:)

Scooby.Newbie 18 August 2006 05:16 PM

I know a Nigerian diplomate that would be more than happy to handle the transaction for you :thumb:

Failing that buy when your high and not when your on the loo, or something like that.

Chip Sengravy 18 August 2006 05:18 PM

Without wanting to sound like a comple financial retard, why can't somebody bring it with them next time they visit?

brumdaisy 18 August 2006 05:36 PM

:lol: trouble is i think he's serious

Chip Sengravy 18 August 2006 06:12 PM

I was, hence the opener :).

why can't you then? It's your money, you should be able to do as you please?

kart_man 18 August 2006 06:14 PM

Don't think my guys would take kindly to being paid cash in dollars !! :rolleyes:

richardg 20 August 2006 03:03 PM

i've got a crystal ball (actually it's not mine, it was my nanna's) but my parents have it safely wrapped up somwehere

will let you know if i see anything in it

Hoppy 20 August 2006 03:26 PM

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong here (I don't follow the markets much) but I seem to recall that the fall in the dollar was prompted by the current Arab/Israeli conflict and the US's high dependence on (cheap) oil. More so than the UK at least, hence the high dollar/sterling exchange rate.

If so, don't expect any big movement until the crisis is resolved or at least the full strength UN peacekeeping force is in place and working.

Richard.

TopBanana 20 August 2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hoppy
Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong here (I don't follow the markets much) but I seem to recall that the fall in the dollar was prompted by the current Arab/Israeli conflict and the US's high dependence on (cheap) oil. More so than the UK at least, hence the high dollar/sterling exchange rate.

Nah, it was becuase of the interest rate rise over here.