ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   now i know how you blokes feel!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/537232-now-i-know-how-you-blokes-feel.html)

scoobyangel 18 August 2006 01:48 PM

now i know how you blokes feel!!

yesterday evening i went up my mates house to sit with her for a couple hours as her baby was deciding if it was gonna make an appearance, thought it would be hours and hours til it actually came... oh boy was i wrong!!

got there and she was refusing point blank to move off the loo, spoke to midwife, who arranged an ambulance.. ambulance crew rang up told me in no uncertain terms to get her off the loo... which i eventually managed to coax her from!!

ambulance crew turn up, im figuring ok my time to make a hasty retreat as her mum and partner were there.... oh no... i get chucked into ambulance with her, and off to hospital we go...into delivery room and now she aint letting go of my hand for a million quid!!

so... all of us there, me, her mum and partner and 45mins later at 9:44pm she pushes Aimee weighing 7lb 13oz into the world....

felt useless, scared etc etc... but did the best i could to keep her calm through it all.. and with no drugs for her as there was no time that aint no mean feat!! lol

baby is perfect, and mum is too, infact she is home already!! little scare when baby had to be coaxed into taking her first breath, but by god when she did she let us all know!!

feel very very VERY humble!!!!!

lozgti 18 August 2006 01:55 PM

Nice one.

I wandered into Hospital with the wife thinking the twins would just pop out and home we go.

Ended up staying for a few days watching a few days of England v Australia cricket Test(Nurses set me a TV up) .

Quite enjoyed myself.Never certain these arrival times are they

sociopath 18 August 2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyangel
now i know how you blokes feel!!

What, you are thinking 'not another pointless, ugly, screaming money pit'? :D

T4molie 18 August 2006 02:02 PM

yesterday evening i went up my mates house to sit with her for a couple hours as her baby was deciding if it was gonna make an appearance, thought it would be hours and hours til it actually came... oh boy was i wrong!!

got there and she was refusing point blank to move off the loo, spoke to midwife, who arranged an ambulance.. ambulance crew rang up told me in no uncertain terms to get her off the loo... which i eventually managed to coax her from!!

ambulance crew turn up, im figuring ok my time to make a hasty retreat as her mum and partner were there.... oh no... i get chucked into ambulance with her, and off to hospital we go...into delivery room and now she aint letting go of my hand for a million quid!!

so... all of us there, me, her mum and partner and 45mins later at 9:44pm she pushes Aimee weighing 7lb 13oz into the world....

felt useless, scared etc etc... but did the best i could to keep her calm through it all.. and with no drugs for her as there was no time that aint no mean feat!! lol

baby is perfect, and mum is too, infact she is home already!! little scare when baby had to be coaxed into taking her first breath, but by god when she did she let us all know!!

feel very very VERY humble!!!!!

I could feel my heart getting faster reading that :D

Andy (still to experience the whole birth thing :) )

DCI Gene Hunt 18 August 2006 02:03 PM

What a feckin selfish thing to do to her 'best mate'......:D

You've missed loads of great stuff on the TV and probably even last orders at the local..... I just hope that 'so called' friend has the decency to apologise to you once she's finally got her fat-arse out of bed.....:thumb:

DCI Gene Hunt 18 August 2006 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by T4molie
I could feel my heart getting faster reading that :D

Andy (still to experience the whole birth thing :) )

Strange I could feel my lunch rising up............. :wonder:

DCI still trying to avoid anything involing baby puke, baby-****, baby screaming and a general lack of fun and cash due to Babies........ ;)

The Trooper 1815 18 August 2006 02:07 PM

At least she made it my nearest and dearest did the "Oooooooh it's here" and Holly was born on the bedroom floor.
:eek2:
Nature took it's course as I ran for towels only to told "Not the white ones!". Cried my eyes out, best feeling in the world until they hit about 5............................

Nat 18 August 2006 02:07 PM

Well done! Feel proud and have a great weekend :D

DCI Gene Hunt 18 August 2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21
Well done! Feel proud and have a great weekend :D

Why thanks, I will.... and have a great weekend yourself.......:thumb:

Nat 18 August 2006 02:09 PM

:p

T4molie 18 August 2006 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=DCI DCI still trying to avoid anything involing baby puke, baby-****, baby screaming and a general lack of fun and cash due to Babies........ ;)[/QUOTE]

You ain't the only bloke on that one ;)

hutton_d 18 August 2006 02:48 PM

Well done ...! But tell me ...

.. this 'partner'? Are we talking business partner, golfing partner, aerobics partner? Maybe you could mean the husband, fiance or boyfriend?

Just that in this case I hate people being so damn PC!!!!! If they're married then it's her husband. If they're not then he'll be the fiance or just boyfriend ...

Dave

PS: who was in the waiting room whilst my missus did the deed ....

amazinggrace 18 August 2006 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by sociopath
What, you are thinking 'not another pointless, ugly, screaming money pit'? :D

Sociopath - Between me and you :thumb:

scoobyangel 18 August 2006 06:13 PM

ok her boyfriend... clarified enough for ya!!

and i will execute revenge,... she is home already and doing all the washing and running about etc... so popped up to visit... and told her if i ever have another she is coming with me so i can break her bloomin hand too!!

StickyMicky 18 August 2006 07:05 PM

until you grow a willy and get it trapped in a fly, you have no idea how us males "feel"

:lol1:

the 50/50 PONR ones are the worst
do i come back down and take the longer route, or go up and snip a bit off

:lol:

Stephb1986 18 August 2006 07:13 PM

aww well done its good of you to stay with her :)
glad mother and baby are well :D