ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What causes mass driving psychosis? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/537153-what-causes-mass-driving-psychosis.html)

Drunken Bungle Whore 18 August 2006 08:20 AM

What causes mass driving psychosis?

I have a long commute - and most days I have a reasonable enough time - no major incidents - but on some days (today!) it's as if everyone else has had crazy juice on thier cornflakes. :cuckoo:

It's not related to the weather, or the day of the week, but some days there are just so many more wnakers on the roads than others. :mad:

Any suggestions.....? :confused:

staffs Mike 18 August 2006 08:25 AM

It's no excuse but...they're late for something...work most likely

Drunken Bungle Whore 18 August 2006 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by staffs Mike
It's no excuse but...they're late for something...work most likely

But all on the same day....? :confused: And if that is the reason - then I'm very impressed by the Great British Work etihic! :D

pwhittle 18 August 2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore
But all on the same day....? :confused: And if that is the reason - then I'm very impressed by the Great British Work etihic! :D

I've noticed it on extremes of weather - when it's raining like today people seem to have tunnel vision, and when it's hot and sunny people see in a mad rusk to get everywhere.
Just set of earlier and chill people!

jasey 18 August 2006 09:03 AM

maybe most days you ignore the madness that is always going on about you :)

King RA 18 August 2006 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by jasey
maybe most days you ignore the madness that is always going on about you :)

As in, most days you have tunnel vision ;)

davegtt 18 August 2006 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore

If your running late, say you have to be at work at 9am and your on the road at 8:30 the chances are alot of others on the road are late. If your on the road early everyone has bags of time and are a little more considerate

Drunken Bungle Whore 18 August 2006 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
If your running late, say you have to be at work at 9am and your on the road at 8:30 the chances are alot of others on the road are late. If your on the road early everyone has bags of time and are a little more considerate

Fair enough, but I commute between 6:45am and 7:45am.....

I generally do pretty well and ignore the nutters - but I get fed up with idiots driving 4 ft from my back bumper - or diving in front of me for no good reason, when it's steaming down with rain. :nono:

If you want to kill youself, please be my guest, just don't take me with you!

paul-s 18 August 2006 01:31 PM

go a bit quicker then ;)

Drunken Bungle Whore 18 August 2006 01:50 PM

:hjtwofing

I don't care if they overtake me - I wish they would - but driving as if they have an imaginary snow-plough on the front which is somehow going to make me go faster..... :cuckoo:

The fun part is watching them getting more & more p1ssed off with me going at the speed the variable speed limit advise - especially when their patience gives out and they go steaming past, right under the gantry that actually has the cameras on it. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Peanuts 18 August 2006 02:25 PM

try to practice left foot braking and see how quickly they give you plenty of room DBW :thumb:

Works everytime 100% never fails, you cant bend it.
:)

jasey 18 August 2006 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
try to practice left foot braking and see how quickly they give you plenty of room DBW :thumb:

Works everytime 100% never fails, you cant bend it.
:)

Driving like you're pissed is just as effective at getting tail-gaters to back off :).