ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Roadworks M6/J6 & J8 to M5 heeeeeelp! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/536972-roadworks-m6-j6-and-j8-to-m5-heeeeeelp.html)

brumdaisy 17 August 2006 03:10 PM

Roadworks M6/J6 & J8 to M5 heeeeeelp!

Flaming hell all I want to know is whether the sliproad from A38 southbound onto M6 north at J6 is open and whether I can then get on the M5 south at J8.

For anyone very local, I mean getting from Gravelly Lane onto M6 then M5 to Stourbridge.

Been on the highways site, been on the sodding council site. Absolutely no mention of the bits I want to know. :mad:

Time is of essence so cant just assume they are open :cry:

Shark Man 17 August 2006 03:20 PM

Dunno, I've just avoid it all like the plague and skiped round the rat runs through town or gone round t'other way round (M42/M5) since the dozy feejits started <again> (I refuse to belive a road surface cannot last longer than 4 years).

Not much in it, interms of time tbh.

brumdaisy 17 August 2006 03:23 PM

oh well wish me luck :(

DCI Gene Hunt 17 August 2006 03:28 PM

Good luck......:thumb:

NWMark 17 August 2006 03:45 PM

i dont know the area very well so it might be miles away from where your asking about but....

I came off the Motorway (not sure if i was still on the M6 or id joined the M5 at this point) heading South on Saturday i think near Walsall, theres a HUGE PC World and Currys right off the junction, It was either Junction 8 or 9, and wanted to then join the Motorway south again and the junction was closed, it sent us back north upto the next junction where we had to come off onto the roundabout and then head south again!!!!

Mark

brumdaisy 17 August 2006 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by NWMark
i dont know the area very well so it might be miles away from where your asking about but....

I came off the Motorway (not sure if i was still on the M6 or id joined the M5 at this point) heading South on Saturday i think near Walsall, theres a HUGE PC World and Currys right off the junction, It was either Junction 8 or 9, and wanted to then join the Motorway south again and the junction was closed, it sent us back north upto the next junction where we had to come off onto the roundabout and then head south again!!!!

Mark

lol you were at J9 of the M6 a couple of junctions up but ta for the comments .

For the record you can get from my house to Bromsgrove trouble free :thumb:

Luke-Avfc 17 August 2006 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
Flaming hell all I want to know is whether the slip road from A38 southbound onto M6 north at J6 is open and whether I can then get on the M5 south at J8.

For anyone very local, I mean getting from Gravelly Lane onto M6 then M5 to Stourbridge.

Been on the highways site, been on the sodding council site. Absolutely no mention of the bits I want to know. :mad:

Time is of essence so cant just assume they are open :cry:

Hi mate,

You can get on the M6 north at jct 6 its the south bound slip that's closed.

I work on Gravely hill an use it everyday..:)

brumdaisy 17 August 2006 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutz
Hi mate,

You can get on the M6 north at jct 6 its the south bound slip that's closed.

I work on Gravely hill an use it everyday..:)

oooh a local..... timing's a bit off mate :thumb:

SinghSuperStud 17 August 2006 11:38 PM

Can 2nd the above - slip road southbound from J6 is closed.

SLip road southbound from J9 is closed too ! :( PITA for somebody like me travelling to Brum daily!! :(

Is it just me or do there seem to be roadworks on a lot of major routes all of a sudden??

brumdaisy 17 August 2006 11:41 PM

school holidays :idea: