ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Keys locked into boot... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/536895-keys-locked-into-boot.html)

WRX. 17 August 2006 10:13 AM

Keys locked into boot...

Hi guys,

It looks like I locked the key into the boot of my MY00 Impreza. Any ideas of how to open the boot without making the long trip for the spare key?

Thanks

Phil 17 August 2006 10:49 AM

I assume you have not got the remote boot release turned on then?

EmEm 17 August 2006 10:50 AM

Phrrrr!:eek: I think it will be the long trip for spare! I know I certainly wouldn't want to start messing woth locks etc! Are you an RAC/AA member? They normally know how to get into a locked car without keys (be warey if you know an RAC/AA mechanic!!!:norty: )

JBJ 17 August 2006 10:51 AM

I think the only thing you can do is call out the locksmith. Should take them about 10 minutes to open the boot and cost you about £60.

davedipster 17 August 2006 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by WRX.
Hi guys,

It looks like I locked the key into the boot of my MY00 Impreza. Any ideas of how to open the boot without making the long trip for the spare key?

Thanks

Get in the front and remove the rear seat?

timuk1 17 August 2006 11:53 AM

does your rear seat have pass though ie arm rest ?

Fat Boy 17 August 2006 03:10 PM

rear seat squab comes out with two bolts, rear seat back with two or 3 and then there is a panel behind that that is easily removable (in my car anyway). 10 minute job with a socket set?

WRX. 17 August 2006 03:16 PM

key in boot

hi guys,

thanks for the posts, problem is the car is locked!! Would be an easy job if the car was open!

Thanks

Bat-Fink 17 August 2006 03:18 PM

hi guys,

thanks for the posts, problem is the car is locked!! Would be an easy job if the car was open!

Thanks

How did you lock it with the key in the boot?:wonder:

cong 17 August 2006 03:20 PM

can opener?

sorry...................

how did you get it locked anyway without the key?

both the drivers passengers and and drivers side door automatically open if you slam them with the lock on

Scoobdogg 17 August 2006 03:24 PM

Got access to a wire coat hanger/stiff length of wire? straighten it then put a small hook on the end feed it down in between the window an door seal an try an hook it onto the lock catch then unlock it? then you'll gain access to the boot from the inside.

dougwrx 17 August 2006 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobdogg
Got access to a wire coat hanger/stiff length of wire? straighten it then put a small hook on the end feed it down in between the window an door seal an try an hook it onto the lock catch then unlock it? then you'll gain access to the boot from the inside.

I used an old metal coat hanger and it only took me 2 mins to get into mine after locking the keys in :eek:

Shark Man 17 August 2006 04:48 PM

Yup , coat hanger. Those frameless doors are great, aren't they?m ;)

specialx 17 August 2006 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Yup , coat hanger. Those frameless doors are great, aren't they?m ;)

sssshhh!

Don't let anyone see you doing it or you could get nicked for stealing your own car!

:D ads

pm sent

555Rob555 17 August 2006 07:53 PM

RAC or AA mate.
I was with a fellah that locked his keys in and it took him about 30 secs.
He had a bunch of aluminium keys with him, selected 1 and hey presto. In like Flyn.

What stops him doing it on a friday night, I don't know:Suspiciou

Jdub 17 August 2006 07:55 PM

Great idea, post up some ideas on how to break into a Scoob and how easy it is:mad:

Scoobdogg 17 August 2006 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jdub
Great idea, post up some ideas on how to break into a Scoob and how easy it is:mad:

Its common knowledge thats why they wont insure you without alarm/immobiliser.

binxta1 17 August 2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobdogg

Should of pm him with that really

Jdub 17 August 2006 08:09 PM

Well to me this looks dodgy, if his car is alarmed, why would the boot be open with the doors locked? this thread should be removed.

Shark Man 17 August 2006 08:11 PM

Come off it any car with framless windows is the same - it's the oldest trick the book...most feejit theives just punch in the door lock/handle regardless anyway.

Now if it was exact loactions of trackers, and detailed information to make a immobiliser bypass loom for the OE alarm then I'd start to worry ;)

Jdub 17 August 2006 08:12 PM

Well better safe than sorry.

Shark Man 17 August 2006 08:16 PM

Granted, but if somebody is going to nick/break in a car they already know how- or ifthey didn't can find out from their bigger brother when he visits him in open prison and gain far more info than what you'd see on here.

WRX. 17 August 2006 08:20 PM

problem solved

hi,

got the problem solved - it's true what you said the frameless windows.

btw its a 1.6gl - no fancy keyless entry or alarms!

Jdub 17 August 2006 08:41 PM

hi,

got the problem solved - it's true what you said the frameless windows.

btw its a 1.6gl - no fancy keyless entry or alarms!

Fair one mate, looks like you should invest in an alarm then.;)

davedipster 17 August 2006 11:16 PM

maybe a good idea to remove this asap as its sorted? mod?

Shark Man 18 August 2006 12:42 AM

So, "they" have to resort to using bricks or puching in door handles like they usually do instead, which is by far the quicker and easier and thus the preferred method anyway. ;)