ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   London for a stag do??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/536823-london-for-a-stag-do.html)

Scooby Roo 16 August 2006 09:38 PM

London for a stag do???

Following on from my last thread due to personal issues [groom's father ill] I have had to change the venue of the stag night from the'Dam/Prague to London.

Anyone had any experiences of stag do's/days in London that they fancy sharing :)

I have some ideas like a sedate pub crawl all day ;) to some interesting bars.

The likelyhood is that we will stay in/around the West End area but I'm impressionable and easily led so any other suggestions would be cosidered......carefully :D

Roo

scooter(WRX03 PPP) 16 August 2006 09:42 PM

Try the Sugar Reef. Good club,.

bluenosewrx 16 August 2006 09:55 PM

Get a mortgage mate to pay for the drink,lol

Mac

scooter(WRX03 PPP) 16 August 2006 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx

Mac

lol. I know. It's v expensive. :mad:

lpski1 16 August 2006 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by scooter(WRX03 PPP)
Try the Sugar Reef. Good club,.

its not, its overated and full of Z list wannabe's :razz:

lpski1 16 August 2006 11:05 PM

Head for the East End, Shoreditch, Hoxton, friendly atmosphere and a lovely arrangement of strip bars that dont cost a weekend to have two girls dancing naked together. Old Street/ Tabernacle's, Rivington St.

Brick Lane for a curry and then onwards.

Did i mention the water pistols in Metropolis ? :norty: :D

(no i dont w**k there)

fatherpierre 16 August 2006 11:10 PM

Upper Street then down to Old street. There must be 50 odd bars or pubs on those 2 streets and they're about a fiver in a black cab apart.

West End is frankly, ****e, packed and not very inviting. Just try to get a cab when you want to call it a day - no chance.

sbk1972 17 August 2006 08:22 AM

Stag do ? In London ? Going to be dear, and if there are lots of guys, then getting into clubs might be difficult.

Lets be honest, its not so much where you go, but who you are with, so if me, I would plan a circle line drink. Start at one startion, work your way around, having a drink at each stop. Done it a few times and its a right laugh. Got to start early though !

Brighton / Bournemouth are also good venunes worth considering, Brighton always has a wealth of hen nights, which are great to get invloved with.

Where ever / What ever you do or go, you have a good time matey :-)

SBK

Nat 17 August 2006 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by lpski1
its not, its overated and full of Z list wannabe's :razz:

Word. It's rubbish and full of wankers.

East end is definately the way to go :thumb:

alloy 17 August 2006 09:27 AM

Monopoly Pub Crawl :norty:

http://www.monopolypubcrawl.org.uk/r...e=original.xml

RMA26 17 August 2006 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx

Mac

Thank god for living up north eh! Cheap Beer!!:notworthy

SJ_Skyline 17 August 2006 09:44 AM

Circle Line pub crawl is another good one :D

Scooby Roo 17 August 2006 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by sbk1972
Stag do ? In London ? Going to be dear, and if there are lots of guys, then getting into clubs might be difficult.

Lets be honest, its not so much where you go, but who you are with, so if me, I would plan a circle line drink. Start at one startion, work your way around, having a drink at each stop. Done it a few times and its a right laugh. Got to start early though !

Brighton / Bournemouth are also good venunes worth considering, Brighton always has a wealth of hen nights, which are great to get invloved with.

Where ever / What ever you do or go, you have a good time matey :-)

SBK

The monopoly pub crawl looks good. I live in Brighton....well Hove actually so could do with a change.

Deffo want a lap/strip bar just for sake of a stag do.

Any good ones out there that don't cost and arm and a leg.

Roo

sienar33 17 August 2006 08:38 PM

Mate had his stag do on a party bus.
You meet at a bar (which was f****** expensive, but we stocked up on stella on the way to the thf near Wandsworth/Battersea)

Then you get on your bus (started off with 3 or 4, like I said, we stocked up with stella)

You get some food, Mexican or Chinese I think, en masse.

Then you go to a few clubs on the busses, with party/disco music blaring out, whilst driving through the centre of London.

Surreal, in a word!

There were only 2 stag do's when we were there and all the other hen parties wanted to be on the stags busses, it was quite good!

Ended up at carwash I think (near Soho anyway) and whilst the others went to get a taxi, we took the stag for a quiet drink, in a strip bar :norty:

We got back an hour after they did; they couldn't get a taxi and walked most of it whilst we were watching stage/pole dancing and a few! lap dances for the stag.

Top night really.
Including accomodation, party bus (around£60) and a drink and dance, finished around £300 lighter, but was a good night out.

Pro's
You get in to all the clubs paid for as part of bus tour
Lots of mingling with other hen parties
You get an itinerary(spelling) so can meet up later if you pull

Con's
Its a waste if you don't do it all
The clubs can be quite empty (especially earlier on)
Finishes about 12 (last club) but you can stay there
You might get searched.......

Top night really :freak3:

sienar33 17 August 2006 08:41 PM

Forgot to mention:
Before you go into a strip club, ask how much entry is, cost of drink (beer/spirits etc) and what measures (beer in a wine glass!) and how much a dance is.
Oh, and does it cost anything to get out..........
That's what a friend told me about...

WRX300MAN 18 August 2006 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by alloy

Andy!:lol1:

. . .Its a great Idea in theory, but I don't think you will make it back alive .:Whatever_ .I've done a minicrawl of the City, and let me tell you it was tough!:D

As far as lappy's go, yes . .Stick to Metropolis, but stay away from Secrets . .Bunch of criminals in there . .And plan yr escape strategy well in advanced if yr p*ssed! . . .And yes . . Brick Lane/Old street area is optimum in many respects . .