ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Shell garage, HYDE, Stockport. (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/536651-shell-garage-hyde-stockport.html)

cw42 16 August 2006 10:50 AM

Shell garage, HYDE, Stockport.

According to MartinSti, who's texted me today about this, the above named garage was witness to a car-jacking yesterday evening.

A gentleman was filling up his tyres, when 2 people (believed to be white males) came out of the surrounding bushes, 1 with a machete, the other with a replica gun, and relieved him of his keys and his honda (new shape civic). :(

Not good news, as this is my usual local petrol station :(

Be careful out there people, there are some scum about, quite a lot actually! :(

The Chief 16 August 2006 11:32 AM

I doubt you'd have a problem Chris, i mean your quite a big bloke with a bald head with looks which are like a bulldog licking p**s of a nettle, they aint gonna tackle you!!!!:)

Seriously though, someone got there front door kicked down and now this. be aware at all times, if need be tool yourself up in your car (i couldn't give a flying feck what the rozzers say)

what is the world coming too!!!!:(

Just be careful peeps:thumb:

JenniP1 16 August 2006 12:05 PM

Bloody hell mate, that's scarey stuff!

Be careful guys and girls.

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief
I doubt you'd have a problem Chris, i mean your quite a big bloke with a bald head with looks which are like a bulldog licking p**s of a nettle, they aint gonna tackle you!!!!:)

*cough*

Pot...kettle...

Besides, you're more likely to mug them...

"Look 'ere mate. Put the weapon down, step away from the car, and put yer name down on this 'ere footie card. There's a space just there next to West Brom... There you go. Now sod off!"

:D

The Chief 16 August 2006 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
*cough*

Pot...kettle...

Besides, you're more likely to mug them...

"Look 'ere mate. Put the weapon down, step away from the car, and put yer name down on this 'ere footie card. There's a space just there next to West Brom... There you go. Now sod off!"

Actually i think i'm quite a handsome chappy if a bit rough around the edges.:cool:

ethanrob 16 August 2006 01:39 PM

Sounds a lovely area around manchester,glad i live on the other side of the hills

the worst crime we have to enjure is cow-tipping :D

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 01:42 PM

What hills are they, cos taint no better over t'other side o't'pennines IMO

cw42 16 August 2006 01:49 PM

ethanrob 16 August 2006 02:03 PM

What hills are they, cos taint no better over t'other side o't'pennines IMO

have a drive accross the woodhead pass,and you come to a place called stocksbridge,take a right and head up the hill to bolsterstone !

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fresh air,nice neighbours,happy faces and no F**king theiving bar'stewards

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 02:25 PM

Can't see much in it myself

Official 2004/05 figures...

Bolsterstone...

Sexual offences 1
Robbery offences 1
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 7
Violence against the person 16
Burglary dwelling offences 9
Theft from a vehicle offences 17

Stockport...

Sexual offences 1
Robbery offences 2
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 5
Burglary dwelling offences 10
Theft from a vehicle offences 12

Figures are 'per 1000 people'

So, it's actually worse for car crime

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 02:28 PM

My locale actually comes out better than both the above in all but violence against the person (Rough *******s round 'ere) :D

cw42 16 August 2006 02:31 PM

Thanks Andy, I was looking for that sort of comparison info when the smug b""""rd posted his "my place is nicer than yours" bull :D

Where'd you get it from?

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 02:54 PM

www.upmystreet.com

ethanrob 16 August 2006 02:55 PM

Can't see much in it myself

Official 2004/05 figures...

Bolsterstone...

Sexual offences 1
Robbery offences 1
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 7
Burglary dwelling offences 9
Theft from a vehicle offences 17

Stockport...

Sexual offences 1
Robbery offences 2
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 5
Burglary dwelling offences 10
Theft from a vehicle offences 12

Figures are 'per 1000 people'

So, it's actually worse for car crime

sorry to be anal,but ther aint even 1000 residents around here

so,im thinking the total number of car crime figures are a total not per 1000 peeps

and i would love to know who is on the sex offenders register :wonder: i didnt think sexual assault of a sheep counted :nono:

stockport :confused:

did i not actually say manchester ?

differant place entirely IIRC

and i aint giving it the "my dads bigger then your dad"arse,i quite like manchester as a place,some really nice areas (carrington/sale etc)

good and bad in every city or county :thumb:

sorry forgot to add,the violent assault total is just the number of attacks by the landlord of the pub on drunken idiots ;)

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 02:56 PM

Personally, I don't think there's anywhere that can be considered crime free nowadays.

Every area has bad spots and good spots (generally)

Wakefield ain't that bad, on the whole, it's just that, like everywhere, the bad news makes the headlines, and gives places reputations which are often undeserved.

Middlesbrough is the sh1thole of an exception to this rule :D

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ethanrob
stockport :confused:

did i not actually say manchester :razz:

Take a look at the thread title.

BTW, amd totally o/t, saw your car at Nostell on Sunday. What happened to the graphics?

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 02:58 PM

And technically you said 'around Manchester' which Stockport is.

I win :D

ethanrob 16 August 2006 03:09 PM

Take a look at the thread title.

BTW, amd totally o/t, saw your car at Nostell on Sunday. What happened to the graphics?

i decided a change was due

went for the stealthy look

I mean,every time you pull up at a set of lights,there is always someone staring at you,It started to freak me out fella!

I just want to pick my nose in private :D

OH! BTW are you responsable for tony01 sunstrips ?

They are a work of art matey,truly awesome :notworthy:

Sticky Stuff 16 August 2006 03:15 PM

They'll be the Farbon Cibre ones?

Yup!

Place your orders now folks :D

cw42 16 August 2006 04:31 PM

Sticky, how have you managed to turn a thread about car crime in stockport into a sales pitch?! :D

Well done that man :D

paulthejambo 16 August 2006 04:47 PM

Personally, I don't think there's anywhere that can be considered crime free nowadays.

Every area has bad spots and good spots (generally)

Wakefield ain't that bad, on the whole, it's just that, like everywhere, the bad news makes the headlines, and gives places reputations which are often undeserved.

Middlesbrough is the sh1thole of an exception to this rule :D

People think that Wilmslow is some sort of "chosen land" where all the football players live and crime is none existent.

Tbh we have housing estates that can rival Wythenshawe for stabbings, robberies and other crime.

And other "big time" crims are attracted to the area for the perceived wealth. The jewelry stores are constantly getting turned over (as seen on Crimewatch!). One bar steward even stole the stock from a charity shop the other day cos of the designer gear available.

Fish hooking keys through letter boxes is also a regular event round here (I hide my keys just in case!).

We have CCTV in the town centre but the control room is 15 miles away in Macclesfield, as are only 4 or 5 coppers who have to cover most of North Cheshire!!!

Don't get me wrong, I know there are rougher areas out there but just cos an area is perceived as well off, doesn't mean it's without problems. :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :)

:thumb: :thumb:

phil_wrx 16 August 2006 05:14 PM

Hyndburn Borough Council English average

Violence against the person 19 16.5
Robbery offences 1 1.4
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 4 4.5
Households 34,000 -
Sexual offences 1 0.9
Burglary dwelling offences 5 6.4
Theft from a vehicle offences 6 10.0
Population 81,740 -

and im the one that got his huge front dooe kicked in by 3 men and a knife stuck in his face :(

dont think anywhere is safe

moneys 16 August 2006 07:31 PM

Well i think my area is fairly safe:) you could all move to the safety of liverpool:thumb: mind you you,d have to do something about the way you all talk:D
Sexual offences1
Population 150,240
Robbery offences 1
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 4
Violence against the person 208
Households 61,000
Burglary dwelling offences 3
Theft from a vehicle offences 4

obviously you may notice the violence against other people is fairly high, this is because people who try and rob us scousers aint usually scousers and as everyone knows us liverpool people are bloody handy with our fists:)

Martin-STI 16 August 2006 09:57 PM

Any way I have been informed that the lad whose car was taken is a bit of a :brickwall and if he catches them we will not have to worry any more. :norty:

He has a few NICE friends who are looking and asking about, so will keep you posted.

I have been told that the Police actually told him that if Advertiser interview him dont mention the Gun bit.:nono:

moneys 16 August 2006 10:04 PM

I will make sure from now on that whenever i visit manchester that my petrol tank is full and my tires are at the correct pressure, I will also be running all red lights as i dont think it will be safe to stop. I feel much safer in the beautiful city of liverpool and its crime free streets:thumb:

Sticky Stuff 17 August 2006 08:33 AM

Never mind all this crime crap, who wants a sun strip? :lol1:

jaytc2003 17 August 2006 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by ethanrob
and i aint giving it the "my dads bigger then your dad"arse,i quite like manchester as a place,some really nice areas (carrington/sale etc)

Carrington nice area :cuckoo:

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: