ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Best PC for £250-300?... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/536467-best-pc-for-250-300-a.html)

turboman786 15 August 2006 04:53 PM

Best PC for £250-300?...

Please dont laugh, Im sure this area is used mainly by IT techies who use only the best PCs...

But Im just a humble PC guy who uses the PC a bit to surf the net, and download the odd tune!

So I am after a PC, a cheap one at that!!

It has to be quick enough for smooth net surfing, and have a decent enough spec not to be out of date straight away..

I dont need a monitor as I already have one....theres tons of desktops for sale on ebay for around this price, but I have no idea which are good...

Please advise!!

kilo_4que 15 August 2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by turboman786
Please dont laugh, Im sure this area is used mainly by IT techies who use only the best PCs...

But Im just a humble PC guy who uses the PC a bit to surf the net, and download the odd tune!

So I am after a PC, a cheap one at that!!

It has to be quick enough for smooth net surfing, and have a decent enough spec not to be out of date straight away..

I dont need a monitor as I already have one....theres tons of desktops for sale on ebay for around this price, but I have no idea which are good...

Please advise!!

where are you based mate, there is a very good wholesaler near me who also sel to the public at competitive rates. I think you can get a pretty good machine for around 300

turboman786 15 August 2006 08:45 PM

Based just a few miles out of Bradford.....please tell me more! Thanks.

kilo_4que 15 August 2006 11:53 PM

Based just a few miles out of Bradford.....please tell me more! Thanks.

Haha I live in bradford, ill send you my phone number give me a bell tomorrow

*Sonic* 16 August 2006 12:43 AM

dell online

IWANASCOOBY1 16 August 2006 05:31 AM

Fellow Bradfordians! Unusual in here! Would you by chance be talking about CCL? I built my own pc through them for £250 quid!

kilo_4que 16 August 2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by IWANASCOOBY1
Fellow Bradfordians! Unusual in here! Would you by chance be talking about CCL? I built my own pc through them for £250 quid!

thats the one mate.

Ive bought a few systems for friends around the same price with excellent spec irnoically speaking i ended up paying around 1400 for my own from the same place. Before you ask, i went crazy with 5.1 surround, neons lights and all the gadgets lol o and not to mention it was 2 years ago, and to have a 200 Gig HD then was something big ;)

bigsinky 16 August 2006 01:26 PM

god i have 5 machines in my house of varing specs and probably enough spare bits to build another one if i had a case. you can build a reaaly cheap machine if all you want to do is surf the next. you could build a cheapo computer with CRT monitor, keyboard and mouse for about £150.

bigsinky 16 August 2006 01:28 PM

www.overclockers.co.uk do a cheap Primo system for £200

turboman786 16 August 2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
thats the one mate.

Ive bought a few systems for friends around the same price with excellent spec irnoically speaking i ended up paying around 1400 for my own from the same place. Before you ask, i went crazy with 5.1 surround, neons lights and all the gadgets lol o and not to mention it was 2 years ago, and to have a 200 Gig HD then was something big ;)

Thanks for the tip mate, Ids forgotten all about CCL, I have a few techy type friends who I will ask to price me a system up...thanks!

kilo_4que 16 August 2006 06:26 PM

Thanks for the tip mate, Ids forgotten all about CCL, I have a few techy type friends who I will ask to price me a system up...thanks!

No probs ;)

RMA26 17 August 2006 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
Haha I live in bradford, ill send you my phone number give me a bell tomorrow

CCL in Bradford........

www.cclonline.com