ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Would you park your Scoob at Butlins Bognor Regis? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/535675-would-you-park-your-scoob-at-butlins-bognor-regis.html)

Scoob99 12 August 2006 10:44 AM

Would you park your Scoob at Butlins Bognor Regis?

Of too Butlins in Bognor Regis next weekend to celebrate my in laws 50th wedding annivesary going Friday to Monday, I'm a bit nervous about parking the Scoob up anyone been there and not had any problems?
Cheers
Colin

Trout 12 August 2006 10:47 AM

I would be more nervous now having advertised where and when your car will be there!

KiwiGTI 12 August 2006 11:09 AM

It's a Subaru, not a Bentley Continental.

Wilf-01 12 August 2006 11:17 AM

I go there every year and have had no problems parking my scooby there............hope you have a good time

Sti-cki

magicdudey 12 August 2006 11:40 AM

The secret is to park it as close as to the back security gate as possible. Use gate at the rear where the day parking is and entrance via the secrity gates. This will mean that the security office will be closer to your Scoob. Only a suggestion.

Scoob99 12 August 2006 12:09 PM

Thanks Guys, I didn't want to make the trip in my old Astra!!!!!!:thumb:
Cheers
Colin

Scoob99 12 August 2006 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
It's a Subaru, not a Bentley Continental.

I know it's only a Subaru but it is my pride and joy!!!!!!!!

Jay m A 12 August 2006 01:12 PM

I went there about 5 years ago, never been back ;) The car was fine

Andy Tang 12 August 2006 01:14 PM

I guess it depends what your in-laws family are like!!! :eek: ;)

Seriously though, with the high turnover of visitors, what might be safe for a fortnight, may not be safe for an hour another time.

mart360 12 August 2006 05:50 PM

we offer offroad parking good rates too ;)

Mart

Gutmann pug 12 August 2006 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Of too Butlins in Bognor Regis next weekend to celebrate my in laws 50th wedding annivesary going Friday to Monday, I'm a bit nervous about parking the Scoob up anyone been there and not had any problems?
Cheers
Colin

Worried someones going to put a red coat on it and make it the camp comic?

Chip Sengravy 12 August 2006 06:10 PM

I'd be more concerned about being seen at Butlins :(

pslewis 12 August 2006 06:23 PM

The safety of your car would be the least of my worries ..... I take it you will be staying in one of the Premier Suites??

Stay away from the people in the £5 a week Budget Suites ...... they make Pikeys look classy!! :eek: ;) :D

Actually, we had a great few days there about 15 years ago - we stayed in a County Suite which was very nice as it only cost £36 for 4 days!! :D

Would I go back?? Errrrm, a week in Baghdad would appeal more!!

But your car should be safe, drug dealers drive them .... and people who use Butlins are fully tuned in to that fact! ;)

Pete

AudiLover 12 August 2006 09:18 PM

drug dealers drive scoobies? All the ones in londons have blacked out bimmas and mercs.

pslewis 12 August 2006 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover
drug dealers drive scoobies? All the ones in londons have blacked out bimmas and mercs.

The 'Moss Side' ones did 5 years ago!

Pete

Drunken Bungle Whore 14 August 2006 08:36 AM

Have parked my Scoob in Bognor on many, many occasions and never had a problem at all. Have to say I've never actually left it in Butlins car park - but I'd guess that was probably safer than leaving it parked in the streets.

And can I just add that ANY seaside town that thinks 'over night parking' should only last until 9am has never taken into account the needs of the holiday maker! :mad: If I'm on hols I don't want to have to get up before 9am every bloody morning just to pay to park my car for longer! :nono:

Rabid 14 August 2006 09:20 AM

George V said it best (apocryphally)

"Bugger Bognor"

It's a fecking hole you'd have to pay me to visit not the other way round. Ever notice it's out on a limb when you drive there? There's a reason for that, to keep the inbreds that live there trapped. The plan is to get enough of them in there and then blow the roads up.

Nevetas 14 August 2006 11:23 AM

My Dads car had a brick through the window there.